One plant WAY ahead of others

• Thread starter jelloman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
jelloman

jelloman

One of my backyard grow plants is miles ahead of all the others. Seeds were purchased and planted in May. Photo-type, Strain is Mango.
This one plant is loaded with buds while all the others have yet to show any ! It gets same amount of sunlight, same nutrients, soil, etc.

I'm not unhappy with it as it will allow me to harvest sooner, but is this normal ? Possible that the seed bank sent me one seed that was different from the others ? I'm stumped.

nashobaTHC

nashobaTHC

Are you growing multiple plants of this seed type or is this the only one? I’ve grown a strain for past three years that always starts flowering about 3-4 weeks ahead of other strains. Overall be thankful for an early bloom on one that helps supply your head while waiting for the others.

jelloman

jelloman

Are you growing multiple plants of this seed type or is this the only one? I’ve grown a strain for past three years that always starts flowering about 3-4 weeks ahead of other strains. Overall be thankful for an early bloom on one that helps supply your head while waiting for the others.
I am growing multiple plants of this strain. Thinking that the seed supplier gave me one different strain as all the others look identical and seem to be on same schedule for growth.

Oh well, like I said, I'm not unhappy with having one plant mature quicker than the rest !

Madmax

Madmax

Probably just a phenotype of the strain..is the plant smaller..any pics you can share..

Cheers max

R

redshift75

Probably just a phenotype of the strain..is the plant smaller..any pics you can share..

Cheers max
agree with this. I went through quite a few for my seed cycle im in right now. You would be surprised if you get enough how some can hold a pheno. Some times it can be the pheno you want other times its the one you will see 99/100. just is the way genetics work. You should be able to tell if its different strain outright. There will usually be alot more genetic variations that make it easy to identify. I had one i was going for the tall pheno canopy looks the same but takes a few weeks and 2 were about 2 ft taller and thats what i wanted. so they went into a different tent, rest went on to new homes or flowering as i hate aborting. But with my limits ive probably aborted more than i wish i had to.

next round of testing is waiting for frost. But i plan to build a tent for frost testing in the future. This year will be natures hand and will do more testing through winter til i get that expansion done next year. So with all that useless information. I second what Madmax said. 😂 😂 😂 😂

Top Bottom