One plant with shriveling pistils turning brown and shriveling

• Thread starter Mugwort
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Mugwort

Mugwort

Pics taken at end of 3rd week and are of buds from 3 different plants of same strain growing under same light and receiving same nutes and water at same time. I know these changes occurring in the pistils aren’t what I want to see but I’m not sure what to change. There’s been no males present and there’s been no shocks. Leaves look good.

One plant with shriveling pistils turning brown and shriveling
One plant with shriveling pistils turning brown and shriveling 2
One plant with shriveling pistils turning brown and shriveling 3
Mugwort

Mugwort

Pics taken at end of 3rd week and are of buds from 3 different plants of same strain growing under same light and receiving same nutes and water at same time. I know these changes occurring in the pistils aren’t what I want to see but I’m not sure what to change. There’s been no males present and there’s been no shocks. Leaves look good.
The pistils appear much more discolored when looking at them than they do in pic (top).

HaveApuff

HaveApuff

Lights look to be too close. Some "tacoing" leaves near the top and the tips of the top leaves have a little yellowing going on. As mentioned, move lights up 👍

HaveApuff

HaveApuff

I also see a few brown tips lower in your leaves, which might suggest your feeding them a little to much, but since I don't know your watering and feeding routine, I am curious 🧐

Mugwort

Mugwort

I also see a few brown tips lower in your leaves, which might suggest your feeding them a little to much, but since I don't know your watering and feeding routine, I am curious 🧐
Feeding twice/week at 1/2 strength Gen. Hydro Flora Nova past 3 weeks. FF Big Grow 1/2 strength once/week during veg. They are in 3 gal pots of a 50-50 supersoil and Big Rootz. Twice a month they get a feeding of molasses 1.5tbs/gal with tsp Epsom salt. I just started Atami Bloombastic 1/2 ml/l at end of 3rd week. I pH to 6.0 all feedings. Nutes ppm around 300 although I had one feeding at 1800 with molasses & Epsom salt included. They are in a 4’x4’ tent with two ViparSpectra XS-2000 lights hung 30” above canopy. I keep temperatures 85-86°F when running CO2 and turn lights to 75% when CO2 is turned off. Temps in low 80s max when CO2 off. Seems to be general consensus too many photons and too much heat. I’ve been pretty careful keeping temps down when CO2 is turned off. Thanks to all that replied. I’ll raise lights a few inches.

Top Bottom