One Pound One Gallon Challenge

• Thread starter tobh
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Hortulanus

Hortulanus

Yo @Hortulanus everything good man? Miss your posts lately! How's mom's plants and the family? ❤🌱

yeah man it’s been a minute. Been hiding. This time of year always hits me but the days are getting longer. 🌞 😎

Family is all healthy and mom just harvested her four plants and she popped four Amber Dragon DFG. I’ve got another grow at three weeks. Love Stash DFG. I’m gonna be posting a new grow thread soon.
Plus I gotta follow you doing this challenge man. Plant looks healthy AF.

Grownsince95

Grownsince95

❤🌱❤🤘😁✌
Supporter
yeah man it’s been a minute. Been hiding. This time of year always hits me but the days are getting longer. 🌞 😎

Family is all healthy and mom just harvested her four plants and she popped four Amber Dragon DFG. I’ve got another grow at three weeks. Love Stash DFG. I’m gonna be posting a new grow thread soon.
Plus I gotta follow you doing this challenge man. Plant looks healthy AF.
Thanks man! Crazy here too. I've bit off more than I can chew with five tents going now and I just popped the first beans of that f-bombe cross I made. 🤷‍♂️

Looking forward to your new thread 👍

Gingercat

Gingercat

UgaUgaUga the troll says

Alright. This is an idea spawned from pure testosterone, youthful exuberance, and downright competitiveness. Think the Solo Cup Challenge, upgraded.

The rules are simple:

- 1 gallon media
- 1 plant
- Must be the same plant documented from start to finish in this thread

You can use any media, any light source, any area, any genetics, seed or clone, any nutrients, any additives, PGRs, I don't care. Earn your place in history, and true trolling rights, by producing one pound (16 ounces, 440 grams) from one plant in one gallon of media.

I'll join the party once my current run is done, let's see what happens between now and then :D
Selling yourself 12.8 grams short? Always though it was 28.3 g in an ounce 16oz in a lb 452.8

Grownsince95

Grownsince95

❤🌱❤🤘😁✌
Supporter
Building flowers ❤🌱

20210225 212303

Feed is currently just shy of 1000 ppm or 2.0 EC 16x per day. Approx 3 gal with just short of a gal of runoff per day. I have been dumping it back into the rez because it is never more than 50 ppm difference and adjusting from there. With another pump and some engineering it could be recirculating. PH has been rock solid between 6.0-6.3.

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Grow for life🌱
Supporter
Building flowers ❤🌱

View attachment 1096191

Feed is currently just shy of 1000 ppm or 2.0 EC 16x per day. Approx 3 gal with a just short of a gal of runoff per day. I have been dumping it back into the rez because it is never more than 50 ppm difference and adjusting from there. With another pump and some engineering it could be recirculating. PH has been rock solid between 6.0-6.3.
Hell ya. Nice work.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Building flowers ❤🌱

View attachment 1096191

Feed is currently just shy of 1000 ppm or 2.0 EC 16x per day. Approx 3 gal with just short of a gal of runoff per day. I have been dumping it back into the rez because it is never more than 50 ppm difference and adjusting from there. With another pump and some engineering it could be recirculating. PH has been rock solid between 6.0-6.3.
How freaking beautiful is that... teach me your ways brother she looking ungodly gorgeous.

Grownsince95

Grownsince95

❤🌱❤🤘😁✌
Supporter
This plant has been a lesson in de-fol for sure. I've taken bags and bags and bags of fan leaves and sucker branches off and she doesn't stop. 🤷‍♂️

A perfect example of how some cultivars need it way more than others 👍

Next run I will document it more.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Not sure if anyone has the answer to this but when the plant uses nutrients in the water, does it put anything out back into the water and if so what? Not sure if that makes sense or not. Does the plant produce waste?
Yes... mostly excess starches. But there is an ion exchange between the plant and water/media as it uptake nutrients and reapores.... this is kinda how a plant and microbes can change and control/affect ph.

Can't really go into more detail without refreshing my memory.

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
Yes... mostly excess starches. But there is an ion exchange between the plant and water/media as it uptake nutrients and reapores.... this is kinda how a plant and microbes can change and control/affect ph.

Can't really go into more detail without refreshing my memory.
So is that the only reason you have to change your res in hydro?

Grownsince95

Grownsince95

❤🌱❤🤘😁✌
Supporter
So is that the only reason you have to change your res in hydro?
Plus...it just gets straight up funky if you don't change it lol.

I dropped the h2o2 for pond zyme a few months ago and I like the difference so far. Will probably add hydroguard or similar product soon too 👍

100% switching from sterile to live

Last edited:
Top Bottom