One timer needs helpful advice for next time

• Thread starter 9mmPeter
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

9mmPeter

I'm thinking about trying to grow one plant in a 4x4 closet and need some advice to do better than last time I tried it. The main problem with the last effort was that it tasted like crap and did not get you high. that was also grown in a 4x4 closet with about 10 large 45 watt spiral flourescent bulbs in shop lights hanging from close hanger rods, with around 6 plants in the 3-4 foot high range. The plants grew well although slightly tall and skinny and I even got lots of smallish buds, but the taste was horrible. I think the problem with the taste was that I had potting soil with time release fertilizer in it (?!?!), but what about the relative weakness of the doobage? Any tips on the type of lights I should go with, and what type of soil and where to get it? I am also concerned about heat, the temp in my last closet farm hovered around 100 degrees. thanks!

S

stormannorm

rHi 9mmpeter,i use cfl's too for veg and they work fine but i wouldnt recomend them for flower see if u could upgrade to an hps or mh next time.i would get foxfarm's soil or biobizz' all mix.as for your temps try to exhaust your space or get a carbon filter kit and a fan or 2.ijust got a full kit for £95.u can get the stufg frm ur local hydro store.as for the crap taste and stone maybe its your strain.did u flush your crop before u chopped??.the small buds r probly a result of the cfll's in flow the penetration strength is very weak that'll b why u got pop corn instead of bud.hope this helps bro,

peace out

hiboy

hiboy

If you cant cool a h.i.d. light, youll have to use fluors or l.e.d.
So ask yourself that question and youll know what to do. Temps cant get above 80. You need fresh air intake also
Fox farms soils work well, and contain nutes so no need to add them for the first month
h

K

Kief Stoned

The soil I see used the most ( and I use also ) is Fox Farms brand.. Either "Happy Frog ( 2.0 CF bags ) or "Ocean Forest" ( 1.5 CF bags ).. Either one is good. If your only going to veg a few weeks and flower then Happy Frog would be a good choice.. You also get .5 CF more for about $2.00 cheaper per bag..But if its for keeping moms or used for an extended veg period over 2 months then Ocean Forest would likely be a better choice..But you cant go wrong with either one.. I always add a few things to it even though you dont really need to.. I always add 25%-30% additional Perlite and also some Espoma Organic Garden Lime to the soil and mix it up before using it. But as I said, this isnt really needed at all. Ive used it alot of times straight from the bag.

Top Bottom