One Winged Wonder!!

• Thread starter Green Giant
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Green Giant

Green Giant

I have some Sour chem and OG Kush that I have run many times, but this is the first time I have noticed this issue. I only have one -three leaves on many of the fan leaves, also some are curled up. Also in the last picture you can see some horn looking things, they look like a tinny single leaf.

Not sure why or if it is truly an issue. Any advice would be much appreciated.
One winged wonder
One winged wonder 2
One winged wonder 3
One winged wonder 4

Shamus

Shamus

most likely got triggered for flower somehow and is now revegging.. the little circle leaves are something ik comes with reveg as well as single fucnky blades.

P

paulycali

Yep for sure went from flower back to veg

Did you take clones during the flowering stage?

vaporedout

vaporedout

re-veg...... my leaves looked like snail shells when they were re vegging, also the one blade leaf is a good giveaway. couldnt find a pic of it though.....

We Solidarity

We Solidarity

I've seen a plant do that in veg for no reason and then grow out of it...grown from a clone under 24 hours mostly. Maybe sensitive plants can develop it going from 18/6 to 24 hours of light? That would be the most logical explanation, IMO.

Green Giant

Green Giant

I'm not sure how they would have went into flower,they are in the 18/6 room. the only thing that has changed is the lights, I was using a single 1k mh. just added 2 8 bulb t5's that they veg under until I'm ready to move them to 12/12 then they sit under the 1k for a week before the switch. Could the t5's be causing this?

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
All it takes is sufficient increase in dark phase of the photoperiod, in my experience, to trigger flowering, or being sufficiently rootbound. And yes, I can also see the HUGE reduction in light (photons) causing this, too, if I understand what you did correctly. Did you move from a 1K to T5, or did you just add T5 to the 1K? If the second scenario, then I don't get it, if the first scenario, then it seems feasible.

Either way, definitely in a revegging state, but now that it's in the single-lobe stage, she should be going back to threes, then fives, over the next 2-4 weeks.

So, increase in dark phase (1hr/day is plenty good), being rootbound, sufficient reduction in overall light intensity (I've seen an entire room of flowering plants, finishing, in light that I could have read by, and I need light so that's saying a LOT) are all reasons why a plant may begin producing regenerative phase hormones.

iscrog4food

iscrog4food

While revegging can cause this, I have also experienced this if you stress the clones out. How long did it take for the clones to root? When you transplanted them were they hella rootbound? I have seen this condition if I neglect the clones and let the Ph in the clonator get out of whack or if the clones take a long time to root.

Green Giant

Green Giant

All it takes is sufficient increase in dark phase of the photoperiod, in my experience, to trigger flowering, or being sufficiently rootbound. And yes, I can also see the HUGE reduction in light (photons) causing this, too, if I understand what you did correctly. Did you move from a 1K to T5, or did you just add T5 to the 1K? If the second scenario, then I don't get it, if the first scenario, then it seems feasible.

Either way, definitely in a revegging state, but now that it's in the single-lobe stage, she should be going back to threes, then fives, over the next 2-4 weeks.

So, increase in dark phase (1hr/day is plenty good), being rootbound, sufficient reduction in overall light intensity (I've seen an entire room of flowering plants, finishing, in light that I could have read by, and I need light so that's saying a LOT) are all reasons why a plant may begin producing regenerative phase hormones.

I added two T5's with the 1k mh.

The only thing I can think of now that you guys (and gals) are talking about light periods, is I switched my electric meter over from normal to a off peak meter, and switched my times of light on/off in both veg and flower rooms. This may have been the cause.

iscrog4food

iscrog4food

Usually changing the times of rooms is fine as long as you just make the dark period longer and keep the light period the same in my experience.

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

Hmm, plants usually don't just switch over to flower because you changed there light cycle 1 day. Even if you gave them 12 hrs of darkness, it takes weeks for plants to stretch then produce flowers. I think it even takes a few days for the hormones to change within the plant, after the photoperiod change.

IMO, it seems like they were somehow stressed, especially since they have been kept under 18/6.

Top Bottom