Ongoing Spider Mite War

• Thread starter Jimster
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
My last season I was given the gift of mites by a "friend". This year I was mite free before someone gave me an orphan that I didn't remember to de-contaminate and ended up behind the 8 ball again. In previous encounters, Pyrethrins seemed to do a pretty good job, and a phosphorus based vapor that kills just about anything finished them off. This time, they shrugged off both guns, although the infestation is pretty light overall and confined to one or two plants that they seem to prefer. Today I hit them with Captain Dead Bug Spinosad, which helped before as well. I'm hoping everything works out. I have tried the hot pepper mixes but nearly died from inhaling capsacin vapors and having lung reactions. I'm a few weeks into flowering, so I don't want to try anything too strong and the plants are much to large to do anything but spray. Hopefully the Spinosad will do the trick again... I never had mites put up this kind of a fight before!

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
I hear you and in my job as a horticulturist/ gardener I sometimes bring home TSM. by default I always use this 2 times 3 days apart in veg cycle only , I use this Eco oil works great for me I use it in my veg n fruit garden .

BACE9E36 4E17 4306 AB3C 695FF0AF8C7E
Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Try a concentrated rosemary oil, garlic oil and peppermint oil spray. Lots of easy recipes on the internet for rosemary oil sprays.
They also dont like sulphur vapor.

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
Yes ive had some ok results going that way great if your worried about with holding periods using Eco oils but used correctly and adhere to the lights out 24 hr it’s very kind to plants but the dark period I go to 48 hr that’s my flip time and keep my lights up 36” or 100cm above crop at all times .

Top Bottom