Online security

• Thread starter chuckz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
chuckz

chuckz

I'm pretty computer literate, and know quite a bit about securing local data, but I am wondering how secure we are posting as we do on this forum.

I'm moving house at the end of the month, and have nothing growing at the moment, so have been quite liberal about what I say. However, sometime in the future, I may well set up a grow room, and would like to post a diary and photos on this site.

What level of paranoia is appropriate here? How safe is the information we put up? How traceable is it all? I am guessing that the authorities could be watching this site, and easily find us if they wanted?

Are others using some sort of security measures, like proxy servers, or ip cloaks or something?

F

FastForward

In a nutshell, yes....if you're going directly here without proxying. If you're concerned about security use a decent proxy or 10 to provide sufficient distance/obscurity of your ISP assigned address. Even in this fucked up world of terrorists, paedophiles I don't think the authorities get to obtain ISP logs without a good reason/warrant (NOTE: I have no idea - check with a lawyer or someone!).

I like to think that there are way too many of us and not enough resources. Just keep your head lower than the next man in the trenches ;)

H

hererisssh

Premium Member
Supporter
Everyone should use a browser proxy. Many don't work well with forums and other sites that make extensive use of cookies. A lot of the ones I've used that work with forums go crazy with pop ups/unders and ads. Using http://www.unrestrictedsurf.org now and it's only pushed one full page ad during this session.

logic

logic

Administrator
Staff
Hello all sorry i didnt reply sooner to this post but i didnt see it

How safe is the information we put up?

The info you put online is safe but when taking pics just be careful not to include anything in the background that gives your location away.

How traceable is it all?

Not traceable at all, no ip logging is done....and just to put your minds at rest the thcfarmer server was setup by my friend who is a security expert & hacker who has been hired by many fortune 500 companies todo security work...You are in the safest hands possible here.

I am guessing that the authorities could be watching this site, and easily find us if they wanted?

They could of well signed up to be a member on thcfarmer but all they can see is posts and forum nicknames like everyone else....just be careful when uploading outdoor pics....make sure it dont give away your location and you will be fine.

F

Foxy Trees

Glad to hear about that, logic.

Superb job you do, regarding this site!

If it's worth doing, it's worth doing right.

Thanks

wonka

wonka

i was wondering the same thing chuckz.. thanks logic for making that clear.. i will be posting photos in the future

X

xtheghostx

Please use a proxy because there are some people who have ways of seeing your ip through this forum just like with anything else you connect to.

It has nothing to do with vbulletin either lawl.

JollyGreen

JollyGreen

Logic those words are music to my ears, thanks for the info.

S

SmOkEtAsTiC

Thanks logic:rock im counting on that information to sleep peacefully

R

RansacktheElder

You roll the dice and take your chances in this life. We're all free to make our own choices and deal with the consequences. That said....Logic is the Man! Way to put the LOCK DOWN on the site.

W

woody420

Hey logic Just want to say thanks for the time that you put into this site.

C

Crackerass

Premium Member
Supporter
whats a good proxy to use? i tried using the one herer put up and it loaded the page fine but when i tried to log into here it said it was logging me in but it never showed me as logged in and i couldnt see any of my messages. i tried this with another site and it wouldnt let me log in either....

S

Slick

I would avoid most free proxies at all costs as information is never safe on them, all personal and private information can be easily intercepted on proxy servers. The only 100% secure proxy is one which you set up yourself so my advice would be to remain very wary of them.

Alot of public proxies also have restrictions on them for example where only HTTP and FTP can be accessed whereas HTTPS or some Javascript can't which places alot of restrictions on what you browse.

H

HeavySmoker420

i hear Tor Onion is a good one. and it can be used for p2p too!

Z

zoeronerer

ye there was some proxy advertised that the gov set up it also boasted secure email. most of these are just rake n the data..........watch your emails too make sure the one on this site is a dummy and not your everyday email. another good one is to browse at home but always post from a internet cafe or some wer like that.....no server nada. if your really puttin something worth their time up be careful. they just want numbers not kids in school breeders or everyday users............

P

Papa_kush

The way I look at it...

I can't imagine the authorities coming after me for my 20-40 plants and 1-3 lights when there are fellow growers posting photos up here of hundreds of plants and tons of lights.

The only way i could see the police trying to do that is if you were posting pics of your underground top secret marijuana jungle. As long as it looks like it's somewhat close t\o what could be considered personal use, who the hell cares?

Top Bottom