Online security

• Thread starter chuckz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
R

redog

Re:isp question

I've been wondering about my isp and what they do.
I know they can see where I have been.I've called them before with issues and they tell me to go surf,call back and deal with the problem at hand.
So I was wondering since it's obvious they have a log of where i've been, do they also keep logs of keystrokes?
I know i've posted compromising pics here but this keystroke thing by an isp has me thinking, what if they decided to turn someone in.

S

sweetbush

If you ISP has installed a keylogger on your system in some way I would think that would be illegal. If you are worried about your ISP logging your browsing history or viewing your HTTP requests I would look into a good VPN service. A VPN tunnel will be an encrypted channel so your ISP can not tell what type of info you are sending / receiving and as far as the history of places you visit all they will see is your connection to your VPN service.
TOR is a decent alternative also but it does have flaws but hey it free! It's slow but just about every site I've used where a proxy doesn't work as far as allowing you to log in, post, etc TOR will work.
For posting pictures besides the obvious part about not including any thing that will help to identify the area or yourself, please be sure to strip the EXIF info from your pics especially if you have registered your camera as it may contain enough info to lead back to you. I've heard simply opening a pic in paint and saving it will strip this info but I've never tried it, I use IrfanView personally. Sorry if I'm repeating whats been said a hundred times just trying to help out =)

SB

J

joe.5

old thread, I've never been bothered really.. used to go in cam chat rooms while sitting in my growroom with plants in the background (until I was banned).. The more people who come out the closet about being farmers the better.. of course a pseudonym might be an advantage over genuine detail. Any law official scanning the message can suck my pollen sax

R

redog

Re:Sweetbush

Not at all SB.I appreciate the reply.
Not sure what you say is an option for me because my isp is so primitive.Dial up send,Sat receive and it is slow at best.Will look into it though.
Thanks.

G

gogetta

very nice to read this thread...feel so much comfy in the 2 minutes it took 2 read it...lol..thx Logic

Top Bottom