Only half the plant is flowering.

• Thread starter SupaC
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
SupaC

SupaC

As the title suggests, I've got a Kush strain running outdoors, and on 2 plants a couple of branches are not flowering visibly at all, and yet the rest of the plant is already nugging.

It's a new strain to me, and I'm fairly confident that it's genetic, but I'd be interested to hear if anyone else has come across this.

SupaC

SupaC

As the title suggests, I've got a Kush strain running outdoors, and on 2 plants a couple of branches are not flowering visibly at all, and yet the rest of the plant is already nugging.

It's a new strain to me, and I'm fairly confident that it's genetic, but I'd be interested to hear if anyone else has come across this.
There is also no light pollution on these plants.

SupaC

SupaC

IMG 20230209 183826
IMG 20230209 183311

SupaC

SupaC

First Pic is a branch that is flowering :
Second Pic is the same plant but these two branches are, slightly flowering on the left, and not flowering on the right.

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

Less light on a branch compared to other branches will lead to fewer, smaller buds. I can't say why yours is doing it, but there's really nothing you can do about it, anyway, unless it's adding more light.

What are all those white dots?

SupaC

SupaC

Less light on a branch compared to other branches will lead to fewer, smaller buds. I can't say why yours is doing it, but there's really nothing you can do about it, anyway, unless it's adding more light.

What are all those white dots?
The white dots are
reflected light off rain drops.
These plants are outdoors in full sun, so it's not a light issue.
I'm sure it's genetic, but was interested if anyone had seen this before.

TSD

TSD

Even outside buds form different based on which side is pointing toward the sun more, or bottoms mature slower because they get less light... but it could also just be a weird genetic thing... no possibility part got pollinated? That can slow down bud growth too, and can happen unevenly... just speculation of course.

SupaC

SupaC

Even outside buds form different based on which side is pointing toward the sun more, or bottoms mature slower because they get less light... but it could also just be a weird genetic thing... no possibility part got pollinated? That can slow down bud growth too, and can happen unevenly... just speculation of course.
Pollination is a possibility.
These are 2 plants out of 300 plants, of various strains, and it's only the 2 of them showing this trait.
I even have all 4 mothers of this strain out there with them, and they are flowering normally.
I'm tempted to just leave the plant alone just to see what happens (for science, I'm sure you understand)
If the branches get any more funky I'll chop them off.
Appreciate your input, thanks.

Reactions: TSD
TSD

TSD

Pollination is a possibility.
These are 2 plants out of 300 plants, of various strains, and it's only the 2 of them showing this trait.
I even have all 4 mothers of this strain out there with them, and they are flowering normally.
I'm tempted to just leave the plant alone just to see what happens (for science, I'm sure you understand)
If the branches get any more funky I'll chop them off.
Appreciate your input, thanks.
Yeah let it ride, they're not hurting anything. 🤷‍♀️ plants do weird shit sometimes lol.

SupaC

SupaC

Yeah let it ride, they're not hurting anything. 🤷‍♀️ plants do weird shit sometimes lol.
I'll post any changes that might occur as time goes by, perhaps this thread will be of some interest to someone in the future.

Reactions: TSD
TSD

TSD

One more random thought, check the stalk/branches that are being weird, make sure there's no breaks or anything that could interrupt the flow of water/nutrients up to the buds.

Latest posts

Top Bottom