Only my second grow. Need some input on my plants :)

• Thread starter Psy3784
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
P

Psy3784

I know you thought the price of the Trifecta was high, but that tiny bottle makes four gallons. Four gallons goes a long way in a home grow.
Yeah , I realized that later haha. I am also finding it hard to get it from inside Canada, which no extra fees. Sorry about that! I am a bit derpy. 🙃

P

Psy3784

So you see ants by chance? From my understanding its the ants that kinda damage the plants and that attracts the aphids to feed on the sap. Not 100% sure.

Like @CannaGranny said id leave em and get a treatment asap. Possibly insecticidal soap?
Sorry I missed the Insecticidal soap part. I did get one a bit ago but I was scared to use it on the cannabis its called Safers. So if you and CannaGranny think it would be fine Ill get it now. lol

CannaGranny

CannaGranny

Sorry I missed the Insecticidal soap part. I did get one a bit ago but I was scared to use it on the cannabis its called Safers. So if you and CannaGranny think it would be fine Ill get it now. lol
Can’t give a good informed opinion on something I have never used. My whole grow journey is about clean and safe, I’m just darn loathe to recommend anything I have not directly used, or even know about the contents.

P

Psy3784

check that out, some home remedies for those nasties 🙂
Awesome, thank you Just want to be sure whatever I use is 100% safe for flowering plants. I was using neem and peppermint castile soap but I guess it's not good during flower. I will for sure check out the other options. Thanks a bunch again. 🙂 I do think next year I am going to buy some lady bugs and mantis eggs. Lol

P

Psy3784

Can’t give a good informed opinion on something I have never used. My whole grow journey is about clean and safe, I’m just darn loathe to recommend anything I have not directly used, or even know about the contents.
Yeah no I don't blame you there at all. Clean and safe is for sure the way to grow. I have a lot to learn, that's for sure!! Thank you and everyone else for being so willing to help! 😁

P

Psy3784

Also, I have figured out what those little black bugs are ...Minute Pirate Bug So I am currently glad to have them. I hope they can continue to control the aphids and not run out of food and start sucking on my plant lol

M

Mcprp

Hey all! I live in Ont Canada. This is my second ever grow and I have this massive tree, has to be close to 15 feet and a not so massive tree roughly 10-11 and then a normal sized plant 6-7 feet. I'm also only 5'2 so, maybe why it looks a little wonky in some pix I break my neck just looking up at it, haha. I have done what, myself and my little brain could come up with for support lol. I am also very cheap... Sorry lol. So, these two ladies went into pre flower around the first of August and and have now hit flower roughly, last week or so. Also they are no longer leaning lol.
View attachment 1273420

A little back story. So While I was tilling the garden, prepping it to plant my other plants, I find this amazing little lady in the weeds lol. June 1st.
View attachment 1273421
I am guessing it is either Purple Haze+random male or something called Tall Purple again random male no clue. I got everything as clones last year and had 26 seeds all germ this year as well but rabbits, a few males, couple hermies and sold some lol. Given her size I would assume she came up in April- may-ish, possibly . So she has been going since then.
Big Bertha, She smells like a skunks as* and berries/lavender lol and the fence is 6 feet for scale.
View attachment 1273422

So on to the one in flower... Started around the 15th of July give or take a few days, has been going decent since other than Aphids being an issue since veg. So I am wondering what I can maybe do about them while in flower, 5 weeks on the 19th-ish. (the other two plants have none at all)
View attachment 1273423
View attachment 1273424

When it comes to who I call Big Bertha lol. What can I expect out of her, bud wise? Will they all be popcorn buds or is it possible they can gain a fair bit of weight? And how can I go about supporting her more branch wise if ya's think it's even needed or worth it at this point.

Her cola is pretty weak. At night it flops right over and points to the ground but stands up during the day. I kind of find it odd. I only learned about LST, training, topping etc after it was too late for any of them. So any help there for next year by all means I NEED it :P

So, another thing is I have given them nothing nute wise at all and I only water when I think they could use some. Otherwise its rain.

I am wondering if any of you think they need anything regarding nutes? I have had no real leaf issues with them or anything so far. And Just wanting help and input for next years grow. Sorry this is so long winded and all over the place, but thanks for reading/helping.
Start out with soapy water ! Do that for about a week . You have to make sure your getting the underside of the leafs . Do another evaluation! If you still see some , you’ll have to use neem oil . Just do your best not to spray the flowers . A little bit won’t hurt . Just hold your hand over the flowers the best you can . It’s going to take some time because those are pretty good plants but it’s got to be done . The only other thing you can do is buy ladybugs and I’m pretty sure you won’t want to do that . Good luck

P

Psy3784

Start out with soapy water ! Do that for about a week . You have to make sure your getting the underside of the leafs . Do another evaluation! If you still see some , you’ll have to use neem oil . Just do your best not to spray the flowers . A little bit won’t hurt . Just hold your hand over the flowers the best you can . It’s going to take some time because those are pretty good plants but it’s got to be done . The only other thing you can do is buy ladybugs and I’m pretty sure you won’t want to do that . Good luck
Yeah that is what I had resorted to just soap and back and forth with the Neem. Mind you nothing really seems to be working. I have a few bugs that enjoy eating aphids and it seems whenever I spray they leave, but doesn't seem to affect the aphids at all. So I think, I am just going to let whatever happens, happen lol I do not see myself winning this war. Thank you for the advice much appreciated.

Also, your plants look pretty darn good! 😁

C

CideHameteBenengeli

To avoid spraying the flowers with neem oil, it is sufficient either to water with it instead of spraying, or better still to use neem meal (solid powder) in the irrigation water. This way you can use and enjoy the benefits of neem during flowering.
However, judging only by the few photos, I think I can see quite a lot of health in the plant...

P

Psy3784

To avoid spraying the flowers with neem oil, it is sufficient either to water with it instead of spraying, or better still to use neem meal (solid powder) in the irrigation water. This way you can use and enjoy the benefits of neem during flowering.
However, judging only by the few photos, I think I can see quite a lot of health in the plant...
Ohh ok thank you I will have to check that out. Would for sure be a better method. Yeah the plants look good regardless of the aphid issue so I think they are pretty resistant this go. Quite happy with that thus far haha. I can post more photos of the bugs buds leaves etc.

Rebeccalovato777

Rebeccalovato777

Hey all! I live in Ont Canada. This is my second ever grow and I have this massive tree, has to be close to 15 feet and a not so massive tree roughly 10-11 and then a normal sized plant 6-7 feet. I'm also only 5'2 so, maybe why it looks a little wonky in some pix I break my neck just looking up at it, haha. I have done what, myself and my little brain could come up with for support lol. I am also very cheap... Sorry lol. So, these two ladies went into pre flower around the first of August and and have now hit flower roughly, last week or so. Also they are no longer leaning lol.
View attachment 1273420

A little back story. So While I was tilling the garden, prepping it to plant my other plants, I find this amazing little lady in the weeds lol. June 1st.
View attachment 1273421
I am guessing it is either Purple Haze+random male or something called Tall Purple again random male no clue. I got everything as clones last year and had 26 seeds all germ this year as well but rabbits, a few males, couple hermies and sold some lol. Given her size I would assume she came up in April- may-ish, possibly . So she has been going since then.
Big Bertha, She smells like a skunks as* and berries/lavender lol and the fence is 6 feet for scale.
View attachment 1273422

So on to the one in flower... Started around the 15th of July give or take a few days, has been going decent since other than Aphids being an issue since veg. So I am wondering what I can maybe do about them while in flower, 5 weeks on the 19th-ish. (the other two plants have none at all)
View attachment 1273423
View attachment 1273424

When it comes to who I call Big Bertha lol. What can I expect out of her, bud wise? Will they all be popcorn buds or is it possible they can gain a fair bit of weight? And how can I go about supporting her more branch wise if ya's think it's even needed or worth it at this point.

Her cola is pretty weak. At night it flops right over and points to the ground but stands up during the day. I kind of find it odd. I only learned about LST, training, topping etc after it was too late for any of them. So any help there for next year by all means I NEED it :P

So, another thing is I have given them nothing nute wise at all and I only water when I think they could use some. Otherwise its rain.

I am wondering if any of you think they need anything regarding nutes? I have had no real leaf issues with them or anything so far. And Just wanting help and input for next years grow. Sorry this is so long winded and all over the place, but thanks for reading/helping.
Oh girl I hate those things I realized my sun flowers were the bug carrying plants infected everything. So I bought lady bugs and hunted them it worked like a charm I want to use soap what kind do you suggest

P

Psy3784

Got some bug/leaf pix up hope they are somewhat decent lol

The little black bugs here are apparently Delphastus-Black Ladybird Beetles which eat aphids, aphid eggs, white fl ies/eggs/larva, and spider mites etc. Any confirmation or other ideas please share haha.

IMG 1610

IMG 1689

I also still have the other bug that eats everything as well.

Aphids
IMG 1666

IMG 1670

Issues is they are also on the branches near the buds.

IMG 1626

Leaves all three plants
IMG 1655

Only cluster of leaves with minor damage. So they can't be too bad I guess

IMG 1660
IMG 1652
IMG 1651
IMG 1650

IMG 1631

I didn't get a picture of it but I saw what looked to be a gigantic aphid like spider on one of the leaves earlier today wrapped a web around part of a leaf and sat there lol it was as big or bigger than a average house fly . I haven't seen a spider or aphid like it if it was in fact a spider/aphid. lol If I see another one I'll get a pic. It was gross lol

Last edited:
P

Psy3784

Oh girl I hate those things I realized my sun flowers were the bug carrying plants infected everything. So I bought lady bugs and hunted them it worked like a charm I want to use soap what kind do you suggest
Wow nice glad they worked for you, I will have to et some next year. Well I have been using very little of the DR. Bronners Peppermint Castile Soap. I have no clue if it;s what you should do but lol I am just trying hahaha.

How are your ladies doing?

Rebeccalovato777

Rebeccalovato777

Wow nice glad they worked for you, I will have to et some next year. Well I have been using very little of the DR. Bronners Peppermint Castile Soap. I have no clue if it;s what you should do but lol I am just trying hahaha.

How are your ladies doing?
There doing great the aphids came inside so I need them gone

P

Psy3784

There doing great the aphids came inside so I need them gone

Ahh ya hopefully you can get rid of those little weird bastards they are so gross looking lol. Ohh and the mix I read was the peppermint soap then a tea tree soap same brand and neem oil. I cant remember the ratios but I am sure they are somewhere lol if others think it is safe

Rebeccalovato777

Rebeccalovato777

Ahh ya hopefully you can get rid of those little weird bastards they are so gross looking lol. Ohh and the mix I read was the peppermint soap then a tea tree soap same brand and neem oil. I cant remember the ratios but I am sure they are somewhere lol if others think it is safe
I hate them I didn't realize they came with my cover which wasn't a god cover I love that you and I are at the same level it's nice to have a girl with the same passion and experience 🤠 for real I giggle with love when you and I are the same height are plants are same hights it's so crazy we must be similar horoscopes lol something is similar girl you are amazing I love seeing your passion and grows you are becoming my favorite person to help me out your plants look amazing can't wait to see us in years to come! Do you got people stalking like me I'm going crazy

sambapati

sambapati

Fascinating thread and great to see that the gal buddy system is working for both ladies. The only thing I wanted to add was about ants....and a cheap and easy way to deal with them. Found in any pet store and super easy to apply. I use soil indoors and usually have ants in situ --

Diatomaceous earth
Diatomaceous earth, diatomite, or kieselgur/kieselguhr is a naturally occurring, soft, siliceous sedimentary rock that can be crumbled into a fine white to off-white powder. It has a particle size ranging from more than 3 μm to less than 1 mm, but typically 10 to 200 μm.Wikipedia...
This stuff is distributed on the ground around the plant mound, not on the actual lady.

Latest posts

Top Bottom