Only my second grow. Need some input on my plants :)

• Thread starter Psy3784
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
P

Psy3784

I hate them I didn't realize they came with my cover which wasn't a god cover I love that you and I are at the same level it's nice to have a girl with the same passion and experience 🤠 for real I giggle with love when you and I are the same height are plants are same hights it's so crazy we must be similar horoscopes lol something is similar girl you are amazing I love seeing your passion and grows you are becoming my favorite person to help me out your plants look amazing can't wait to see us in years to come! Do you got people stalking like me I'm going crazy
I am so sorry I just saw your post here now Lol.🙃

Ohh ya no that's not good have you been able to kill them off as of yet? I am using a pressure washer like 8 feet away and so far that has worked the best lol
Oh it is for sure haha love it!! Yea we could be. I am a Virgo bday is on the 9th haha (so old lmao)

Aww thank you!! You are a sweetheart.🥰 I also can't wait to see how well we can progress and get this growing weed stuff down pat haha. I love weed always have and I love seeing other enjoying it as well. Glad you are just as or even more so passionate when it comes to these amazing plants I need to check out your pictures and posts again for updates. Follwing as well

Haha no not stalked just talking so far no issues lol.

Hope you are having a great one and your plants are as happy as can be. 😁

🥰

P

Psy3784

Fascinating thread and great to see that the gal buddy system is working for both ladies. The only thing I wanted to add was about ants....and a cheap and easy way to deal with them. Found in any pet store and super easy to apply. I use soil indoors and usually have ants in situ --
Diatomaceous earth
Diatomaceous earth, diatomite, or kieselgur/kieselguhr is a naturally occurring, soft, siliceous sedimentary rock that can be crumbled into a fine white to off-white powder. It has a particle size ranging from more than 3 μm to less than 1 mm, but typically 10 to 200 μm.Wikipedia...
This stuff is distributed on the ground around the plant mound, not on the actual lady.
Thank you! Yeah working out quite well haha. @Rebeccalovato777 Is amazing!

Yeah I was told about ants and that if there are aphids there are ants but I honestly have not seen any in on or around the plants or even in the garden.

I had read somewhere that you can also make it into a foliar spray or dust it on the leaves at night and the dew will moisten it lol

Yeah I grabbed some DE. I'll also be stocking up for next year haha. Likely dumb question lol. Would it also be beneficial to add it to the soil when I till it getting it ready for spring and then again when I get everything ready for planting? Or would that just be a waste (I haven't done much looking up when it comes to DE lol)

N1ghtL1ght

N1ghtL1ght

Staff
Supporter
Yes you can put the DE into the soil as a source for silica, but once the DE gets wet it won't work anymore as bug preventive
Because the DE dusts irritates their respiratory systems so needs to be dusty
Outdoors it's kinda difficult to keep winged pests away as anytime new can arrive
Insect nets or repellants may help, this could be companion plants either driving them away, or attracting them to leave the Cannabis

P

Psy3784

Yes you can put the DE into the soil as a source for silica, but once the DE gets wet it won't work anymore as bug preventive
Outdoors it's kinda difficult to keep winged pests away as anytime new can arrive
Insect nets or repellants may help, this could be companion plants either driving them away, or attracting them to leave the Cannabis
Ok awesome thank you a bunch for answering that!

Alright, I'll make sure not to wet it for bugs.

Ya, it is for sure. If I could do indoor Id switch pretty quick haha

Ok I will have a bunch of things to look into for next year.

Again, thanks a bunch! 😁

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
The ants around my outdoor grows have never bothered anything.

P

Psy3784

The ants around my outdoor grows have never bothered anything.
Ya, so far I am not understanding this ant thing lol. They are more interested in bugs or crumbs of food on my patio than any plant I have

N1ghtL1ght

N1ghtL1ght

Staff
Supporter
Yes it can cause lung irritation.

The Potassium Soap acts as a surfectant and then water drowns them better. There are vegan plant-deriven such soft soaps to get, their ingredients are harmless to plants. Then just spritz these off as strong as can be and shake it in the wind to get it quick to dry afterwards.

C

CideHameteBenengeli

Sorry to disagree: if that were the case, spraying (after dilution with water) would not be a valid way of applying diatomaceous earth against pests (in fact, most of us apply it this way: a mask is still necessary). When the water from spraying evaporates, a continuous, whitish layer of diatomaceous earth covers the whole plant; and this is the best way to reach the underside of the leaves.

In any case, it is not at all advisable to spray with DE during flowering.

Last edited:
Satanicgrow666

Satanicgrow666

Hey all! I live in Ont Canada. This is my second ever grow and I have this massive tree, has to be close to 15 feet and a not so massive tree roughly 10-11 and then a normal sized plant 6-7 feet. I'm also only 5'2 so, maybe why it looks a little wonky in some pix I break my neck just looking up at it, haha. I have done what, myself and my little brain could come up with for support lol. I am also very cheap... Sorry lol. So, these two ladies went into pre flower around the first of August and and have now hit flower roughly, last week or so. Also they are no longer leaning lol.
View attachment 1273420

A little back story. So While I was tilling the garden, prepping it to plant my other plants, I find this amazing little lady in the weeds lol. June 1st.
View attachment 1273421
I am guessing it is either Purple Haze+random male or something called Tall Purple again random male no clue. I got everything as clones last year and had 26 seeds all germ this year as well but rabbits, a few males, couple hermies and sold some lol. Given her size I would assume she came up in April- may-ish, possibly . So she has been going since then.
Big Bertha, She smells like a skunks as* and berries/lavender lol and the fence is 6 feet for scale.
View attachment 1273422

So on to the one in flower... Started around the 15th of July give or take a few days, has been going decent since other than Aphids being an issue since veg. So I am wondering what I can maybe do about them while in flower, 5 weeks on the 19th-ish. (the other two plants have none at all)
View attachment 1273423
View attachment 1273424

When it comes to who I call Big Bertha lol. What can I expect out of her, bud wise? Will they all be popcorn buds or is it possible they can gain a fair bit of weight? And how can I go about supporting her more branch wise if ya's think it's even needed or worth it at this point.

Her cola is pretty weak. At night it flops right over and points to the ground but stands up during the day. I kind of find it odd. I only learned about LST, training, topping etc after it was too late for any of them. So any help there for next year by all means I NEED it :P

So, another thing is I have given them nothing nute wise at all and I only water when I think they could use some. Otherwise its rain.

I am wondering if any of you think they need anything regarding nutes? I have had no real leaf issues with them or anything so far. And Just wanting help and input for next years grow. Sorry this is so long winded and all over the place, but thanks for reading/helping.
Oh mylanta these Girls are gorgeous I'm here in upstate new york looking like outdoors is the way to go.are these autos or just regular degular seeds? As far a nutes I use all dr earth amendments all organic and worm castings Ph water to 6.5-7 in a grow hut under 450w full spec led and your plants are bigger with no nutes lol that's insane you did a awsome job congrats on your 2nd grow you've been gifted quite a green thumb I'm about to harvest my lemon pie from fastbuds because she's starting to yellow a bit but she's also like a week over original harvest date 😅😂

P

Psy3784

Oh mylanta these Girls are gorgeous I'm here in upstate new york looking like outdoors is the way to go.are these autos or just regular degular seeds? As far a nutes I use all dr earth amendments all organic and worm castings Ph water to 6.5-7 in a grow hut under 450w full spec led and your plants are bigger with no nutes lol that's insane you did a awsome job congrats on your 2nd grow you've been gifted quite a green thumb I'm about to harvest my lemon pie from fastbuds because she's starting to yellow a bit but she's also like a week over original harvest date 😅😂

Haha, thank you. They are very pretty trees haha. Mind you it's been a pain in the butt due to their height I do not recommend haha. I think my biggest one is going to fall over when she gains weight. I will cry lol 😭

Well this year it seems to be good. But ya give it a shot may just like it haha. Well the one that went into flower before the other two I think has some auto genetics. but all are photos. Strain wise, my only guesses are two purple haze X with something I had last year (random bag seed auto not my neighbors lol). The other the big one lol. She I think is something called Tall Purple also X with something. The guy I got my clones from bred it i think I dont know . They are a high sativa dominant hybrid, given their size lol.

Yeah potted pot needs the nutes haha. They are autos I would assume by your pics?. My garden soil is pretty hot I think. The only thing I can seem to give them is some raw sugar here and there. Nutes just burn the crap out of them regardless of ratio.

But ya get a garden setup prep it for spring and give it a go never know could go perfect for ya and if you want tall the Haze's are tall and easy af to grow.

Thank you again! Your plants look amazing! Very nice Let me know if its lemony lol Lemon everything is good haha

Feel free to post some pix if ya want I love seeing what others are growing! Same goes for everyone who wants too haha

P

Psy3784

Going to update on the grows a fair bit has changed since this was posted lol

My one plants buds that is the shortest at 7ish feet
IMG 2922

IMG 2919

IMG 2771

Next is The one that is over 10 feet something lol
IMG 2672

and a bug :P
IMG 2799

Last but not least Big Bertha lol I swear she is about as wide as she is tall
IMG 2942

IMG 2783

IMG 2804

PK1

PK1

Supporter

View attachment 1278162

View attachment 1278163

View attachment 1278167

View attachment 1278168

View attachment 1278169

View attachment 1278170

View attachment 1278173

View attachment 1278171
looks amazing @Psy3784 👏

Satanicgrow666

Satanicgrow666

Haha, thank you. They are very pretty trees haha. Mind you it's been a pain in the butt due to their height I do not recommend haha. I think my biggest one is going to fall over when she gains weight. I will cry lol 😭

Well this year it seems to be good. But ya give it a shot may just like it haha. Well the one that went into flower before the other two I think has some auto genetics. but all are photos. Strain wise, my only guesses are two purple haze X with something I had last year (random bag seed auto not my neighbors lol). The other the big one lol. She I think is something called Tall Purple also X with something. The guy I got my clones from bred it i think I dont know . They are a high sativa dominant hybrid, given their size lol.

Yeah potted pot needs the nutes haha. They are autos I would assume by your pics?. My garden soil is pretty hot I think. The only thing I can seem to give them is some raw sugar here and there. Nutes just burn the crap out of them regardless of ratio.

But ya get a garden setup prep it for spring and give it a go never know could go perfect for ya and if you want tall the Haze's are tall and easy af to grow.

Thank you again! Your plants look amazing! Very nice Let me know if its lemony lol Lemon everything is good haha

Feel free to post some pix if ya want I love seeing what others are growing! Same goes for everyone who wants too haha
I will most certainly do so and yes the flowering one is a auto and the other one in veg is frosty purple giant a clone from my brother he got the seeds from welcome to the grow house YouTube channel guys silent bobs strain from jay and silent Bob strikes back I would love to get my hands on some slightly stoopid stoopid fruits seeds I see that the nutes are no good unless done super specific not for new growers super hard to get the right ratios said the Lemon was supposed to be super resilient but it's not super small yields my brother had troubles with his too and had to use some recharge to perk em back to normal and here in ny it just becoming legal no place to really get anything seeds/clones we don't even have a medical dispo closer than 40 miles from me wich sucks for medical patients like me haha but indeed deff gonna have to do the outdoors thing next year everyone I've seen that grew outside this year out grew all the indoor plants I've seen except my buddy's hydro plants they came out so insanely gorgeous and his one plant triples mine but ig Hydro is a whole different animal that I'm super interested in when I gain a million light-years more knowledge of this grow thing so any tips and pointers are welcome anytime 😊 🤤😂 and thank you for checking out my plants And the comment back super stoked this form has soany solid people that want to help honestly super nice and super helpful during stressful grow times with no answers except YouTube videos that may or may not be true or helpful and could harm your garden more than help it lol

Rebeccalovato777

Rebeccalovato777

View attachment 1278162

View attachment 1278163

View attachment 1278167

View attachment 1278168

View attachment 1278169

View attachment 1278170

View attachment 1278173

View attachment 1278171
Dang girl they looking fire!

P

Psy3784

I will most certainly do so and yes the flowering one is a auto and the other one in veg is frosty purple giant a clone from my brother he got the seeds from welcome to the grow house YouTube channel guys silent bobs strain from jay and silent Bob strikes back I would love to get my hands on some slightly stoopid stoopid fruits seeds I see that the nutes are no good unless done super specific not for new growers super hard to get the right ratios said the Lemon was supposed to be super resilient but it's not super small yields my brother had troubles with his too and had to use some recharge to perk em back to normal and here in ny it just becoming legal no place to really get anything seeds/clones we don't even have a medical dispo closer than 40 miles from me wich sucks for medical patients like me haha but indeed deff gonna have to do the outdoors thing next year everyone I've seen that grew outside this year out grew all the indoor plants I've seen except my buddy's hydro plants they came out so insanely gorgeous and his one plant triples mine but ig Hydro is a whole different animal that I'm super interested in when I gain a million light-years more knowledge of this grow thing so any tips and pointers are welcome anytime 😊 🤤😂 and thank you for checking out my plants And the comment back super stoked this form has soany solid people that want to help honestly super nice and super helpful during stressful grow times with no answers except YouTube videos that may or may not be true or helpful and could harm your garden more than help it lol
Awesome! Hope to see your grow next year then. Very nice lol love Kevin Smith movies dude is just the best lol. eah that is very true nutes are a lot to learn but so far I have avoided that pretty damn good haha. Ohh well thats too bad hopefully the frosty purp makes up for it haha.

Yeah Hydro seems pretty insane lol like a full time job. But nice for your buddy lol. and you I am sure he will share.

I will try to help with what I can but I am new too, I know f-all lol.

Yeah the people on this forum are amazing. I can not say one bad thing thus far about anyone! All super helpful and friendly.🥰

I agree 1000000% so many bad videos and articles. I am learning more on this forum than anywhere else and I trust the info I get.

Good luck on your grows and can't wait to see how they progress.😁

Top Bottom