Only my second grow. Need some input on my plants :)

• Thread starter Psy3784
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Satanicgrow666

Satanicgrow666

Awesome! Hope to see your grow next year then. Very nice lol love Kevin Smith movies dude is just the best lol. eah that is very true nutes are a lot to learn but so far I have avoided that pretty damn good haha. Ohh well thats too bad hopefully the frosty purp makes up for it haha.

Yeah Hydro seems pretty insane lol like a full time job. But nice for your buddy lol. and you I am sure he will share.

I will try to help with what I can but I am new too, I know f-all lol.

Yeah the people on this forum are amazing. I can not say one bad thing thus far about anyone! All super helpful and friendly.🥰

I agree 1000000% so many bad videos and articles. I am learning more on this forum than anywhere else and I trust the info I get.

Good luck on your grows and can't wait to see how they progress.😁
Yes ma'am will for sure keep you posted I promise lol I I will likewise help with all I can keep me posted on your grows aswell maybe we can teach each other couple things thanks again and happy growing to you aswell and asfar as your heavy buddz issue have you tried to set a trellis behind it and use fishing line to tie them to the top of it to take a little weight of fthe stalk not sure but just a idea that popped in my noodle I may just work🤔🤤 🤣

sambapati

sambapati

Yes ma'am will for sure keep you posted I promise lol I I will likewise help with all I can keep me posted on your grows aswell maybe we can teach each other couple things thanks again and happy growing to you aswell and asfar as your heavy buddz issue have you tried to set a trellis behind it and use fishing line to tie them to the top of it to take a little weight of fthe stalk not sure but just a idea that popped in my noodle I may just work🤔🤤 🤣
Great suggestion because otherwise the buds are expending energy trying to stay up rather than just being suspended and using more energy for trikes. Can also hold them up using pink flamingoes.

P

Psy3784

Awesome sounds great!!!

I am sure we could! You are welcome and thank you!! I will for sure keep you updated as well :)

Thank you for the help and advice!! I likely should do a trellis but...

Ok so, when these things grew I had only started reading a about scrog LST training etc. So it ended up being too late for that. The other issue is I am only 5'2 lol and I cant do heights. I am a wimp even just 2 feet off the ground theres a big chance ill pass out.. The heavy bud lady is at least 7 feet I reach my arms out and stand on my tip toes to only reach a portion of her main cola..with a camera lol. No one else cares that much about my plants so they don't want to be put to work lol. I get that. So What I have done is this. Every branch is supported at multiple points to the stock with pipe cleaners and or thick string then also supported the plant with 4 points lol I am cheap af so I will always find other dumb ways of doing something. I also add or move those ties as needed. Next year this tall ass plant business wont be a thing haha. I will post pix later.

The other two I don't even know lol One is 10+ feet, the other well she's a huge bitch lol. And I can only support the lower parts of the tall ass plants lol. Also, they have to come down by october it gets too cold and wet so likely a lost cause anyway. Unless anyone has Ideas what I can do for the biggins lol? So if they fall and same for the heavy budded lady. She has made it quite far past what I had last year so even if shit gives out I will be happy. And next year will be even better. I will still cry but ya lol.

Every plant has 4 support points on the ground. But for Big bertha, even with a 6-8 foot ladder and 6.5 foot man. We cant reach much past, where we have them currently to support her further.

I just messed up not doing something sooner lol.

Again thank you for that suggestion. Next year will be the year I change some shit up haha.🥰😁

P

Psy3784

Great suggestion because otherwise the buds are expending energy trying to stay up rather than just being suspended and using more energy for trikes. Can also hold them up using pink flamingoes.
It for sure is. Yeah I am trying to avoid that hoping they feel supported enough as is currently Lol. Pink flamingos would be pretty funny holding up my weed might do that haha 😁

P

Psy3784

How far along would you all say the big buds is from looking at her. At what point would you start counting your weeks? I have read differing opinions so that has me a bit confused. lol I had started from when I saw the first pistils originally. Then read its the first formed bud and others were in between that. Lol So my guess She is some where around 5-8 weeks. I also have no clue how long they go for cause strain isn't fully known, I am just guessing lol

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Going to update on the grows a fair bit has changed since this was posted lol

My one plants buds that is the shortest at 7ish feet
View attachment 1278162

View attachment 1278163

View attachment 1278167

Next is The one that is over 10 feet something lol
View attachment 1278168

and a bug :P
View attachment 1278169

Last but not least Big Bertha lol I swear she is about as wide as she is tall
View attachment 1278170

View attachment 1278173

View attachment 1278171
😍

P

Psy3784

Ok, so here are some pix of my shitty supporting abilities lmao.

She was falling over and swaying like crazy these "supports" fixed that issue and each plant has something similar.

IMG 3149

Just a web of pipe cleaners lmao But it has been working.. I recently cleaned this one up moved them around and added more.

IMG 3150

Miss Bertha
This is all we could do and the top tie. That was placed when her"cola" was only about 2 feet above it. She is finally over being tall but that only stopped the last couple weeksor so.
Also, I was on my tip toes and reaching as far as I could and 2x zoom. Lmao
IMG 3174 2

This is a damn mess and was done when she was much smaller thinking she would be the first to flower lol. I have yet to redo it but I don't think there is much point.

IMG 3176

And the last

IMG 3168 3

I didn't get a good pic of her for some reason but She has less than every ones else. as she builds I'll do what I can.

IMG 3169

I also have a question for anyone that can answer it

I know sativa can have a few "pistol phases" as I am gonna call it where they produce them when they start to flower then again start producing more and can happen up to three times in different stages according to something I read. Could be BS.
But. I was wondering if any sativa growers who know if this is infact that or something else I should be worried about. stress foxtailing etc.

I just keep seeing more and more white rather than the red or purple-ish brown.

IMG 3148

IMG 3108

IMG 3103

Also, Last years grow didn't get anywhere near this point lol and I have nothing to compare this to and googling crap just makes it more confusing haha

Also, again shes anywhere from 5-8 weeks along lol depending on where ya start counting.

Last edited:
PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Ok, so here are some pix of my shitty supporting abilities lmao.

She was falling over and swaying like crazy these "supports" fixed that issue and each plant has something similar.

View attachment 1278642

Just a web of pipe cleaners lmao But it has been working.. I recently cleaned this one up moved them around and added more.

View attachment 1278643

Miss Bertha
This is all we could do and the top tie. That was placed when her"cola" was only about 2 feet above it. She is finally over being tall but that only stopped the last couple weeksor so.
Also, I was on my tip toes and reaching as far as I could and 2x zoom. Lmao
View attachment 1278647

This is a damn mess and was done when she was much smaller thinking she would be the first to flower lol. I have yet to redo it but I don't think there is much point.

View attachment 1278649

And the last

View attachment 1278653

I didn't get a good pic of her for some reason but She has less than every ones else. as she builds I'll do what I can.

View attachment 1278658

I also have a question for anyone that can answer it

I know sativa can have a few "pistol phases" as I am gonna call it where they produce them when they start to flower then again start producing more and can happen up to three times in different stages according to something I read. Could be BS.
But. I was wondering if any sativa growers who know if this is infact that or something else I should be worried about. stress foxtailing etc.

I just keep seeing more and more white rather than the red or purple-ish brown.

View attachment 1278667

View attachment 1278668

View attachment 1278669

Also, Last years grow didn't get anywhere near this point lol and I have nothing to compare this to and googling crap just makes it more confusing haha

Also, again shes anywhere from 5-8 weeks along lol depending on where ya start counting.
With all the fresh white hairs you have there I'd guess week 5 moving into 6, There's still some bulking up that'll happen these next 2 weeks..........I'm indoor only but looking at those plants makes me wish could grow outdoors

P

Psy3784

I only have pix are from July 15th, 31st and then August 15th,31st Just to compare each date and to see if I am insane or not lol(i am) She had pistols popping so I originally started counting from there but just seemed so off. I will attach photos and they are blurry. I had to zoom in lol.

July 15th plant wasn't that colour was sun and flash lol

InkedInkedIMG 0085 1

InkedIMG 0077

July 31st

IMG 0120

August 15th and 31st

IMG 1502

P

Psy3784

With all the fresh white hairs you have there I'd guess week 5 moving into 6, There's still some bulking up that'll happen these next 2 weeks..........I'm indoor only but looking at those plants makes me wish could grow outdoors
Ok awesome thanks a bunch!! I just hate being confused and it has bugged me for a bit lol and I don't want to mess her up now lol.

Indoor is better honestly Little more stress free maybe? . Well hopefully eventually you will be able to try it out and have a good year doing it!

sambapati

sambapati

I only have pix are from July 15th, 31st and then August 15th,31st Just to compare each date and to see if I am insane or not lol(i am) She had pistols popping so I originally started counting from there but just seemed so off. I will attach photos and they are blurry. I had to zoom in lol.

July 15th plant wasn't that colour was sun and flash lol

View attachment 1278688

View attachment 1278689

July 31st

View attachment 1278692

August 15th and 31st

View attachment 1278694

View attachment 1278697
What you've done is working and the pipe cleaners add a colorful touch. All the time you are spending is opening your brain and making you a better scientist/engineer/hydrologist. When it comes time for chop you might consider putting a bunch of the stalks away in the barn for next time as they make nice stake/buttress material (and they're free with no charge). Great job...keep it keeping on.
Matchbox Twenty - 3AM (Official Video)
https://www.youtube.com › watch

Lyrics
She says it's cold outside and she hands me my raincoat
She's always worried about things like that
She says it's all gonna end and it might as well be my fault
And she only sleeps when it's raining… More

P

Psy3784

What you've done is working and the pipe cleaners add a colorful touch. All the time you are spending is opening your brain and making you a better scientist/engineer/hydrologist. When it comes time for chop you might consider putting a bunch of the stalks away in the barn for next time as they make nice stake/buttress material (and they're free with no charge). Great job...keep it keeping on.
Well thank you very much!! 🥰 Yeah It does seem to work pretty well Just hope it lasts. Yeah I just want some colour on my plants and so far its all I can get. 🤣

Yes great idea I will definitely be doing that haha

Too kind, thank you again!!! 😁

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
In my opinion you really need to see the tops of those plants. Maybe it is time to confront and conquer your fear! I don’t have any love of heights either. But I have one of those tripod like orchard ladders that are very stable. Maybe you can rent one for a few weeks. I think you’ll find it’s not as bad as you think once you get up there. I use them to get up to the top of fruit trees. Just my two cents and good luck to you!

P

Psy3784

In my opinion you really need to see the tops of those plants. Maybe it is time to confront and conquer your fear! I don’t have any love of heights either. But I have one of those tripod like orchard ladders that are very stable. Maybe you can rent one for a few weeks. I think you’ll find it’s not as bad as you think once you get up there. I use them to get up to the top of fruit trees. Just my two cents and good luck to you!
Yeah I do but I literally can't. I get too light headed thinking about climbing it and when I do it I pass out and hurt myself it's stupid af lol. Has happened many times. But If i can find one of those ladders I am sure someone will check them out for me. I will make sure they know what they are looking for and take pictures lol

Thanks you good luck on your grows. I will for sure look into one of the ladders.

A

AfghaniGuy

Good lord, clearly sativa strain. That dwarfs any indica, even Kosher Kush, which grows pretty tall...

Top Bottom