Only x2 power sockets! What do I do?

• Thread starter m4gikAL
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

m4gikAL

Please help!

I've only got x2 Electrical sockets where I'm planning to grow. I understand that a lighting controller will be necessary, as to not fuse the segmental timer. This will take up both sockets leaving only x2 power sockets on the controller which will be timed accordingly for lighting.

As I will need to run a fan, aux oscillating fan, therm/humid meter etc.. as well as the lights, what way do I go about running all my stuff?

Can the second plug of the controller with the segmental timer, go into say a 6 plug extension bank? which would leave me with 5 sockets...

Cheers

hiboy

hiboy

More importantly your two sockets (outlets) are most likely on the same breaker meaning your way underpowered to operate a grow room. You will need to run circuits to the main panel or install a small sub panel.
hiboy

deacon1503

deacon1503

Add up all your equipments power usage and compare that to the circuit's breaker. Never guesstimate when it comes to your power. Know.

TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

Do you actually have all the equipment yet, or are you just planning? Plug something like a lamp into the outlets in question and turn off breakers till you find out which breaker(s) it is on. Then figure out any other outlet or light that is not working when that breaker is off. You want to not use any of those for non grow stuff. Then work backwards from your available amperage available. Tada!

-TF

U

Underground

More than likely it is not a dedicated circuit either. So you need to know what else is on the circuit and what it draws at full load.

Top Bottom