Onto greener pastures....(1st grow, ww/ak-48, T5)

• Thread starter LivetoGrow
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
L

LivetoGrow

Hello everyone, this is my first journal and first grow! I'm ever so excited and cannot wait to begin this new journey. Thanks for stopping by and checking out my progress, along with advice given! Grow on!
--------------------------------------------------

-Set Up-
Light: 4' T5 - 48watt x 8 bulbs (6500k)
Area: 4x4 Jardin grow tent
Airflow: 1x Intake Fan with a common house filter screened on it.
1x Exhaust fan with a carbon filter screened on it.
Plant Types: 5x White Widow seeds (Nirvana seeds) from Attitude.
5x AK-48 seeds (Nirvana seeds) from Attitude.
1x Blue Northern Lights (UFO freebie) from Attitude.
1x Diavolo II (UFO freebie) from Attitude.
---------------------------------------------------

Day 1: Placed seeds in moist paper towl.
Day 2: Few started to open
Day 3: Most / all seeds were ready to be planted in a medium. I chose rockwool. (presoaked in ph5.2 water)

Seed nlb small

Seed diavoloii

Cat loves to check out whats going on!
Day3 tentshot small

The following diagram is to illustrate where/which seeds are in the cloning tray. (ww= whitewidow, ak=ak)

[ww1][ww2][ww3][ww4][ww5]
[ak1] [ak2] [ak3] [ak4] [ak5]
[dia] [nlights]

Day 4: AK2 pushed up and first seed leaves are opened. WW2 is sprouted but it looks like the taproot going into the air, strange, we'll see how this progresses. NO PICS TODAY.

Day 5: WW2 still looks strange today, will take a picture tomorrow. Ak2 AK4, WW4 are sprouted! Northern lights also is coming up!

Ak48 sprout

Seed ww sprout

Sprout nlbandak

:party0042:

reloader

reloader

Good start. i would use hps lighting for flower, and I would never let a cat or any animals in my grow area. I had a bad spider mite infestation.
Pets are known to transfer mites.

L

LivetoGrow

Thanks. I plan to use a 600w HPS to flower. This was the 1st and only time the cat should get in there, he jumped in right as I was trying to take the picture, couldn't defend it!

L

LivetoGrow

****** Day 6 ******

There is either something in the rockwool, or i have weird mites in it? Doesn't seem to be moving, nor are they all over my plants. There is actually only 2/12 with one of these black specks on them, and it was probably just attached as it sprouted through the rockwool?
Day6 mite

I pulled the seed off after 3 days of it being stuck. Not sure if this is ok, I'm sure nature would have taken it's course, but I wanted to do a little experiment....(below)
Day6 comparrisonseedoff

I think this was the taproot growing up..and it decided that was the wrong way so maybe its going down...not sure...this is another experiment LOL.(below)
Day6 taproot

This is [AK2], looking like the best of the batch still.(below)
Day6 ak2

I just looked into a organic pesticide created with tobacco, garlic, onions, denatured alcohol are just some of the ingredients. I may make this and use it to remove these mites if they are. Still shooting for it being debris in the rockwool or water.

UNTIL NEXT TIME///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

L

LivetoGrow

****** Day 8 ******​

There is white shit on the rockwool!!! noooooo! I think this is due to being over-humid in the cloning dome and not having the rockwool covered. I'm created a cover method for it as we speak and im going to water the cubes in a weak solution of H2O2 after scraping the white stuff off.

IT ONLY AFFECTED 2/12 rockwool cubes? Is this mold? mildew? calcium deposit from the water or THRIVE ALIVE RED B1 that is in the water?

Temp has been between 80-83 degrees with 30% humidity inside the dome.

If anyone can offer me advice / solution, WOULD BE MUCH APPRECIATED!

Day7 mold

Latest posts

Top Bottom