• Thread starter squiggly
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Bo0m

Bo0m

#TempleOfBoomMagikBeanCo
Supporter
Wow!

That's a straight up warning. If Obama attacks, the Russians will get involved.

Yea get ready for world war three.

squiggly

squiggly

Yea get ready for world war three.

Don't get ahead of yourself.

World War III can't really exist the way you might be conceiving of it. This can never happen so long as thousands of ICBMs with nuclear warheads affixed exist. Putin even references this in his letter.

I don't even think this really reads as a threat of force from Russia.

It more looks like Russia is saying, "Look if you want the UN to hold sway--then you have to follow the rules, too."

Which basically means that if we circumvent the UN charter, Russia wouldn't feel wrong to do the same--and thus the UN would be rendered essentially useless. Again, he references this in the letter by discussing the League of Nations. This is exactly what happened to LoN. In its early days this is also what caused the failure of OPEC (since leverage has been installed, OPEC has become VERY powerful).

Putin isn't saying, look out--we'll bomb you. He's saying, look out--this will move us backwards.

All that said, I think even IF WWIII was on the horizon it wouldn't be a result of this situation. I think it's pretty clear at this point that Syria is going to hand over its chemical weapons and this chapter will come to a close. It doesn't make sense to strike when we've got a win-win-win situation.

Syria doesn't get bombed, they're happy. Russia gets to back their ally and stand resolute against the US "bully", they're happy.
We get Assad to give up his chemical arms, we're happy.

win-win-win.

I think the likelihood of a strike has gone to very near 0% at this point.

SoCal 420

SoCal 420

Yep, Obama and his "Super Human Mind" that would have been the first president in American history to be "Denied" approval of "Declaration of War" by congress and the "All Truthful" John Kerry (that Putin called A Liar) Planed it All Along ;) ;) (Wink, Wink... Get it?)

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Still reading (doing a few things at once). Putin vexes me, as does my own representation/government. But Putin just does it SO big, hell of showman.

FWIW, I think we should stay the hell out of Syria. Let them woo us if they really need the help. Unfortunately, we've already gone a-wooing, sending the rebels weapons. <facepalm>

SoCal 420

SoCal 420

Reminds me of the of Millions of $$$ being spent to Educate / Help Understand / Sign Up for Obama Care... Haven't seen One Sign (literally) News Paper article, Flyer, Commercial... NOTHING here in California, of course "We" are all Democrats here in Cali. so "We" don't need No Educatin'... ;) We followin' like Trained Lemming... LOL pinegrovedave

Top Bottom