Open Sesame,Beastie Bloomz, and Cha Ching

• Thread starter Urbangrower
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
U

Urbangrower

Was wondering if anyone has tried this combo of nutrients from Fox Farm. If so, how did you like it? Please let me know.

420Gator

420Gator

I use them all. Start out small and work ur way up Slowly

C

CALIPURP

what about hydro just picked up the 3 part i am a lil stoked ..

B

balconyfun

I'm using everything but Open Sesame.... I've read some OK stuff but I was being cheap and read way more positive things about Beastie Bloomz and CHa-Ching so I skipped it - was that a big mistake?

A

AliasAO

I always use Grow Big, Big Bloom and Tiger Bloom.

This grow around Im adding in Cha- Ching the last few weeks of flower along with TB and BB. I hear the Cha Ching really brings out the resin production and I hear Beastie booms is great a forming nice big tight buds. Open sesame just seems like overkill.

If Cha Ching works nice I may try Beastie blooms next grow around as well.

420Gator

420Gator

I always use Grow Big, Big Bloom and Tiger Bloom.

This grow around Im adding in Cha- Ching the last few weeks of flower along with TB and BB. I hear the Cha Ching really brings out the resin production and I hear Beastie booms is great a forming nice big tight buds. Open sesame just seems like overkill.

If Cha Ching works nice I may try Beastie blooms next grow around as well.

for the last weeks of flower drop the BB just TB and cha-ching

ime open seasame and cha-ching can be used pretty heavily, the beastie is the only thing ive seen have any adverse effect. i use open sesame all thru veg 2 weeks into flower

A

AliasAO

for the last weeks of flower drop the BB just TB and cha-ching

ime open seasame and cha-ching can be used pretty heavily, the beastie is the only thing ive seen have any adverse effect. i use open sesame all thru veg 2 weeks into flower

Gator, thats funny Cause I was just in your Grow log checking out your quest and scrogs right before this response and I was thinking , " Shit, Gators grows look real good I need to ask him about his feeding regimen". :rauch08::rauch08:

Can you elaborate on your ENTIRE feeding schedule from VEG to FLOWER using the FFNutes [ GB, BB, TB,( OS, BB, CC) ]?

--AO

420Gator

420Gator

in veg the important thing is to keep em green, straight from clone i hit about 500 ppm all the way up to 1000 before flower. i use alot of cannazyme and BB cuz im running coco. probly half that and half GB to make up my PPM the Open ses doesnt add much weight. maybe a little nitrozyme here and there

in flower i add back the GB weeks 3 and 4 as per the instructions(but only 1.5 tablespoon per 10 gal) other than that just straight TB, OS from week 3 on, ever increasing. this run ive dropped the TB and added this cheap morbloom shit from lowes 0-10-10 it seems to have helped em sweel a little

the TB has nitro in it which is unnecessary towards the end

sry if i wasnt precise enuff but im not the most scientific person when it comes to recording shit, i just kinda wing it

A

AliasAO

in veg the important thing is to keep em green, straight from clone i hit about 500 ppm all the way up to 1000 before flower. i use alot of cannazyme and BB cuz im running coco. probly half that and half GB to make up my PPM the Open ses doesnt add much weight. maybe a little nitrozyme here and there

in flower i add back the GB weeks 3 and 4 as per the instructions(but only 1.5 tablespoon per 10 gal) other than that just straight TB, OS from week 3 on, ever increasing. this run ive dropped the TB and added this cheap morbloom shit from lowes 0-10-10 it seems to have helped em sweel a little

the TB has nitro in it which is unnecessary towards the end

sry if i wasnt precise enuff but im not the most scientific person when it comes to recording shit, i just kinda wing it

Beautiful results for just winging it Gator.

So in a nutshell your basically saying that you feed based loosely on the Fox Farms official feeding schedule?

I also grow in coco so any breakdowns per gallon would be great.

Whats your dosage per gallon of water for each nute when you do use them?

GB per Gallon?
BB per Gallon?
TB per Gallon?
OS per Gallon?
BeasstieB per gallon?
CC per Gallon?

Do you feed every other time you water like prescribed ?

420Gator

420Gator

I feed every water. Can't give a complete breakdown because I have no clue

Veg is just basically half cana and BB half GB

in flower I gradually cut down the GB and BB till its just TB and cha ching.

crom

crom

Cannobi Genetics
Supporter
I have used FF nutes for a couple years now and I am satisfied, but don't have experience using full line ups of other brands nutes.

-I use GB at half the strength prescribed on the FF feed schedule, and 1/4t/G OS for the first two weeks of flower. OS is used to get the plants in the flowering mood lol.

-After the two weeks of OS I switch to Beastie Bloomz for 2 weeks rather then the 1 week that the hydro schedule calls for. Don't over do the Beastie Bloomz as it's got some potency to it, and could burn your babies.

-Also instead of using Big Bloom I use The Guano Company Liquid Super Tea-(green label) in veg, and The Guano Company Liquid Budswel in bloom. I have nothing against the Big Bloom other than it's super thick in consistency and loves to muck up lines and pumps.

-After my 2 weeks of Beastie I use the Cha Ching till flush at 1/4t/G, I use the 1/4t dose for all 3 of the FF solubles.

-I use the TB at the full strength prescribed on the schedule as well.

-I feed every watering and flush every two weeks, or when needed.

Along with the FF nutes I use Great White, Carboload(liquid), SuperThrive, Silica Blast, Cannazym, General Organics CalMag+(0-0-0 !!) & Earth Juice Natural Organic PH up and down.

I do want to check out some other additives for bloom since I haven't experimented much due to the fact that I have only bought the 3 pack of FF solubles once, and haven't run out yet lol. It lasts forever at 1/4t doses. If your running a huge res or tons of plants it will go faster though obviously.

So far I haven't had any issues with the feed schedule FF provides. I use the Hydro half of the schedule since I use Sunshine Advanced Mix #4 and there isn't anything that I add to it.

I'm actually looking to check out the General Organics line next time I need to re-up on nutes. I am curious how much different this "veganic" approach is.

Hope it helped.

Cheers,
Crom

A

AliasAO

I have used FF nutes for a couple years now and I am satisfied, but don't have experience using full line ups of other brands nutes.

-I use GB at half the strength prescribed on the FF feed schedule, and 1/4t/G OS for the first two weeks of flower. OS is used to get the plants in the flowering mood lol.

-After the two weeks of OS I switch to Beastie Bloomz for 2 weeks rather then the 1 week that the hydro schedule calls for. Don't over do the Beastie Bloomz as it's got some potency to it, and could burn your babies.

-Also instead of using Big Bloom I use The Guano Company Liquid Super Tea-(green label) in veg, and The Guano Company Liquid Budswel in bloom. I have nothing against the Big Bloom other than it's super thick in consistency and loves to muck up lines and pumps.

-After my 2 weeks of Beastie I use the Cha Ching till flush at 1/4t/G, I use the 1/4t dose for all 3 of the FF solubles.

-I use the TB at the full strength prescribed on the schedule as well.

-I feed every watering and flush every two weeks, or when needed.

Along with the FF nutes I use Great White, Carboload(liquid), SuperThrive, Silica Blast, Cannazym, General Organics CalMag+(0-0-0 !!) & Earth Juice Natural Organic PH up and down.

I do want to check out some other additives for bloom since I haven't experimented much due to the fact that I have only bought the 3 pack of FF solubles once, and haven't run out yet lol. It lasts forever at 1/4t doses. If your running a huge res or tons of plants it will go faster though obviously.

So far I haven't had any issues with the feed schedule FF provides. I use the Hydro half of the schedule since I use Sunshine Advanced Mix #4 and there isn't anything that I add to it.

I'm actually looking to check out the General Organics line next time I need to re-up on nutes. I am curious how much different this "veganic" approach is.

Hope it helped.

Cheers,
Crom

Thanx for your FF breakdown for me. Its gives me a baseline for what Ill attempt once I introduce the Supplements like OS, BB, CC. Im currently growing in CoCo hand feeding the ladies.

Do you think Id be safe next grow around if I followed your feed regimen watering with nutes everytime ? and flushing with ph adjusted H20 every 3rd watering?

ex: Feed, Feed, Water?

or

Feed, Feed, Feed, Water?

Big Bloom thickness aside when you used it did you follow label recommendation? or use it at a lower dose /G?

A

AliasAO

I feed every water. Can't give a complete breakdown because I have no clue

Veg is just basically half cana and BB half GB

in flower I gradually cut down the GB and BB till its just TB and cha ching.

Thats all good Gator. Im going to start trying what you and CROM do which is feeding everytime with a diluted concentration and flushing when needed.

crom

crom

Cannobi Genetics
Supporter
I like pot

I feed according to the schedule for the Big Bloom. 15ml/G, I just realized that I do my feeding in two different measurements lol

As far as your plan to FFW, I think that you should be okay. Just know that the GW is strong. Also some people will use their base and bene/supplements one feed, then do a OS/BB/CC feeding the second feed w/o the base nutes. The feeding schedule says 1/4t-1/2t I think, the 1/2t is for when you are using it alone without base nutes.

The benefit of using coco is you can feed each watering since you are providing your medium with the nutes. Coco also flushes easily IME. Just feed,feed,water and watch monitor your run off say weekly for lock out/PH drift/salt build up. Also I find it hard to over water properly draining mix. Coco does hold a grip of water, so after getting about 20% runoff expect to be watering at least every 2 days.

Cheers,
Crom

100 1336
100 1334
A

AliasAO

I feed according to the schedule for the Big Bloom. 15ml/G, I just realized that I do my feeding in two different measurements lol

As far as your plan to FFW, I think that you should be okay. Just know that the GW is strong. Also some people will use their base and bene/supplements one feed, then do a OS/BB/CC feeding the second feed w/o the base nutes. The feeding schedule says 1/4t-1/2t I think, the 1/2t is for when you are using it alone without base nutes.

The benefit of using coco is you can feed each watering since you are providing your medium with the nutes. Coco also flushes easily IME. Just feed,feed,water and watch monitor your run off say weekly for lock out/PH drift/salt build up. Also I find it hard to over water properly draining mix. Coco does hold a grip of water, so after getting about 20% runoff expect to be watering at least every 2 days.

Cheers,
Crom

Im glad Im on the right track bc thats exactly what Ive been doing watering wise. I also check the runoff PH for drift so far so good. I gave them A large Nute feed right before switching to Flower and I burned them a bit. I ended up watering twice consecutively without any Nutes and now they are looking fresh and lush green agian. No more curled or cripsiness. Next Watering will be feed time first time using TB and BB.

crom

crom

Cannobi Genetics
Supporter
Good stuff! Sounds like your doing fine then. The plants like the Big Bloom. I just liked the other tea instead. But if your liking the results then by all means continue it. Anytime I use something new I like to ease into it and see where the burn starts, then back off. Kinda like a new strain, you have to dial in each nute regimen till the plants are lovin life and stacking them flower sites. Enjoy your run, and keep notes as to reactions and what the ph/ec/ppm/temp/time/strain... you know the drill.
:passingjoint:

Cheers,
Crom

Latest posts

Top Bottom