Opening a Dispencery?

• Thread starter JonsiMan
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J

JonsiMan

Anyone tell me what it takes to open a Dispencery in the States where its legal obviously? It has become my ambition.

L

Lost

I think its just Cali and colorado.. Maybe Oregon next year if the bill passes.. But they still need sigs I think.. It will pass if it gets on the bill but its not looking like that will happen. And cali is saturated. Almost better off being a commercial grower so you don't have to deal with people on the day to day.. lol..

sky high

sky high

I'm always curious as to what >exactly< drives such an ambition?

What do you picture in your own mind that it might take to operate such a business?

how much profit per OZ do you think is in the dispensary model?

good luck

s h

waayne

waayne

Jonsiman,it really varies state to state,you need to check each states law. I live in the Rockies and know that Montana,Colorado,and New Mexico each have very different laws,totally agree with Lost, Cali is totally saturated

T

thumpnasty

unless you love working retail don't do it. having a house and a few lights is way easier. work a few hours a day. if you own a dispensary you have to be there all day everyday.

J

JonsiMan

QQ!

I'm always curious as to what >exactly< drives such an ambition?

What do you picture in your own mind that it might take to operate such a business?

how much profit per OZ do you think is in the dispensary model?

good luck

s h

I'm not sure what i need, i have met and talked to a few people that have opened there own, and they're all tell me, all i need is 25K, a property, LEGAL STATE, and a connect to a legit seedbank.
As for the profit, i'll worry about that later, i just wanna growdaganja!
Also, being just a MedicalMJ supplier would be good too....

J

JonsiMan

unless you love working retail don't do it. having a house and a few lights is way easier. work a few hours a day. if you own a dispensary you have to be there all day everyday.

When u do what u love everyday, i wouldn't mind the hours. its not WORK to me...

J

JonsiMan

I think its just Cali and colorado.. Maybe Oregon next year if the bill passes.. But they still need sigs I think.. It will pass if it gets on the bill but its not looking like that will happen. And cali is saturated. Almost better off being a commercial grower so you don't have to deal with people on the day to day.. lol..
I've heard things about Minnesota and that there close to getting some sort of 215law, whether or not there will be dispencery's, who knows.
I'm staying out of Cali, if i do proceed with my idea. already know people in Cali who are doing it, and are struggling with the competition.

F

foolsgold

we should open a brewery/ dispensary. lol. i'll brew the beer and you sell the weed.

sky high

sky high

It appears that Colorado will pass legislation soon that will require a person to live in state for 2 years before they can open a "dispensary". A Felony conviction on your record will preclude you from opening one whatsoever.

lots more restrictions..... including licensing that may run in the tens of thousands....

read about it here:

http://www.denverpost.com/commented/ci_15027251?source=commented-

start selling your dank for about $50 an ounce and see if you like the model because that's about all the guys here tell me they are making after buying product and paying all the bills associated with running a legit "business'.

good luck...somewhere else. Colorado isn't gonna be yer place.....

s h

waayne

waayne

JonisMan,IF you want to grow then just grow.Have been operating my state licensed Medical nonprofit for over a year now,most of my work is now paperwork for the state,tax issues,legal issues,administrative,etc.Most of my day is spent dealing with issues that have nothing to do with growing.So you better prepare yourself.I would encourage you to get more than $25,OOO togather,you will probably spend that much on just Accountants and Lawyers!
Good luck!

E

edux10

you dont need to be involved with a seedbank to open a dispencery....

J

JonsiMan

It appears that Colorado will pass legislation soon that will require a person to live in state for 2 years before they can open a "dispensary". A Felony conviction on your record will preclude you from opening one whatsoever.

lots more restrictions..... including licensing that may run in the tens of thousands....

read about it here:

http://www.denverpost.com/commented/ci_15027251?source=commented-

start selling your dank for about $50 an ounce and see if you like the model because that's about all the guys here tell me they are making after buying product and paying all the bills associated with running a legit "business'.

good luck...somewhere else. Colorado isn't gonna be yer place.....

s h

yeah all that for living in agreat state, trying to make a living. fuck that...

J

JonsiMan

JonisMan,IF you want to grow then just grow.Have been operating my state licensed Medical nonprofit for over a year now,most of my work is now paperwork for the state,tax issues,legal issues,administrative,etc.Most of my day is spent dealing with issues that have nothing to do with growing.So you better prepare yourself.I would encourage you to get more than $25,OOO togather,you will probably spend that much on just Accountants and Lawyers!
Good luck!

Damn man, now tell me you know its worth it? this is somewhat of a dream turning down the gutter. as long as there's weed to smoke in the gutter, i guess....

Top Bottom