opening a dispencery

• Thread starter Str8Dank
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Str8Dank

Str8Dank

Anyone know any information about opening a dispensary in Michigan?

mittenmedgrow

mittenmedgrow

My lawyer said it can be done but woukdnt recommend it. You got to have balls a lot bigger than mine.

Str8Dank

Str8Dank

mittenmedgrow i know the law is convoluted and that the can swoop down any time but i think if done correctly it will be financially lucrative enough and not be the dispensary on the radar since their will be bigger fish to fry.

mittenmedgrow

mittenmedgrow

I hear ya believe me. Im just chicken shit Ive been locked up and dont want to go back. 4 kids and a family now. Got my 4 month old son sittin on me right now.

deacon1503

deacon1503

I would be very cautious about this. Deff find the right community, and the right county. Staying low key, and never being over allowable weight, and keeping traffic levels down will be key. However, at any moment, the MSP, DEA or any local task force can come in and shut u down and charge u with manufacturing and distributing.

We all know selling meds is a money maker. Unless u have excellent legal representation, a quality relationship with local government and law enforcement, wait for Prop 1 to be amended.

F

f1ydave

all the legal crap aside, i would think the most difficult thing would be having a steady, readily available supply of good products. most of the bud i see locally is amateur hour.

2DogWalker

Str8dank,

I am no expert by any means... But I am decent at doing math, especially addition and multiplication and I completely agree w/ you on the financial possibilities that are there.

I have been to a few local dispensaries, and frequent a local farmer's market (for pot) I love this setting, I can't say I feel it is legal or that I would be the "responsible party" but its an awesome site to see the free market work. But, the pot isn't consistently great or even good for that matter and they don't seem to have any problem w/ clientele, and getting off of their product for what must be a good profit margin!

I have a lot of good ideas, and try to make it a point to visit a new dispensary every week or so (62 in the capitol city alone now or so - wowzers, will never finish at that rate). Its a good place to see what works, and a great place to see what doesn't work, and I have seen and heard my fair share of these all ready.

I do think f1yDave has a great point, but I don't think this would be a disadvantage to you, or most of the long standing members of this site (myself NOT included). I think if you have a consistent supply of elite product, you would have a line to the next county 24/7.

I think its a matter of developing a good system, and having a good team, unfortunately that includes a good lawyer. Yea they can come in and get you at any time, but don't forget your not doing anything wrong compared to what half these other dispensary owners are all ready doing, getting away with, and GETTING RICH! I am always looking for new people to share ideas with regarding new businesses. Feel free to PM Me. Best to you, be safe, stay legal.

2dog

mittenmedgrow

mittenmedgrow

For sure twodog I live on the otherside of the state .G.R. area and I wouldnt even think about it over here. I aint tryin to get rich.

H

Herban Legend

Seems like Mt. PLeasant would be a good place to look to open one after having the judge rule in favor of letting the ONLY one there stay open.

Seems like there is enough population there to support two or more.

2DogWalker

Mitten,

Gotta love the dutch! No offense if your dutch, have lots of friends that are! They just seem to run the area, and with a rather conservative approach typically.

Yet I think GR will be try to stay on the edge of "green" technology and this will force acceptance. The tax income will soon be too much for all Michigan Cities to resist anyways. I mean honestly the census basically will put every Mi City in financial Crisis, how can they resist the $$$$$$$.

The more I think about this I am convincing myself I think...

A really close friend of mine owns the purple headshop on the east side of town, I make it up that way from time to time. But I hear you on staying out of the Westside.

I make a lot of trips to AA as well for work, and to eat! And that's really where it seems the most open, and likely to become more soo sooner than later.

2dog.

mittenmedgrow

mittenmedgrow

I agree with the mt pleasnt area. I know so many have thought about doing this.

mittenmedgrow

mittenmedgrow

Oh bye the way that place in mtpleasant runs out frequently. My grow buddie has family north of there he drives thru for most holidays and usually gets burned.

ShivaSkunkPunk

ShivaSkunkPunk

Str8dank may recall the thread but what about something along the lines of a members only club, I'd reckon starting at the local compassion clubs and laying the ground work and building from there, it all sounds good, hell i'm origanally from the Creek and the fact there is a disp. there blows my mind, honestly haven't been there yet but if they can share the same zip code along with the Dept of Def., on top of the fact there are the 5-6 different police jurisdictions in the city and surrounding townships, I hate going back home at nighttime, to many LEO's wit nothin to do, Seriously, Peace SSP

Ohiofarmer

Ohiofarmer

Personally i don't really think anything in MI is going to explode for a couple of years. People in MI are either to scared, don't have the right gear, or simply are unable to pull the right people and resources together to make it happen. Take it easy

lone420ranger

lone420ranger

Grand Rapids

Anyone know any information about opening a dispensary in Michigan?

Not a good place for a dispensary.
I have a buddy there. They are against medical pot in that city.
Check your local craigslist under medical marijuana to get an idea of where you can set up shop. Your best bet is outside the city limits and operating a low profile operation. All you need to get started is a vendor's license bro. Those are cheap.

I am in Flint and we have a few dispensaries, but ALWAYS ROOM FOR MORE!
I say find a friendly place to open a dispensary go for it.
Dispensaries here are cool...nobody is bothering with them because the economy here is so terribly awful that the city and state really need all the tax income they can get.

S

swisscheese

Personally i don't really think anything in MI is going to explode for a couple of years. People in MI are either to scared, don't have the right gear, or simply are unable to pull the right people and resources together to make it happen. Take it easy

Figures a buckeye would say something like that! A dispensary would be cool but you definitely have to have the cash and like mitten said the risk is big.

2DogWalker

My Point....

Michigan cities HAVE TO BALANCE THEIR BUDGETS (ITS A LAW). 2010 census showed a huge exodus from michigan. THUS way lower federal funding for Roads, schools, infrastructure.

Michigans Economy = A SHIT BOMB. The state can't save local or county governments.

Michigan Medical Marihauna Community = The only people in Michigan willing to pay higher taxes and usage fees to save this place.

I know the conservative west side of the state will stick their ignorant heels in the ground and pound tons of money down the throats of our legislation. I still don't think they will be able to stop this movement, there is tooooooo much money here people. Especially if we are united at ALL.

Or we could all move to that Butteye state of Ohio and it would be sooo much better there.........

I am willing to support this movement, I am an upstanding citizen and a recognized individual in my community. If more people are willing to do the same, I think dispensaries can work. I mean there is 62 in lansing, and some of them are BUSY (not too many cops around, and the more I hear about the whole 7 peoples information, the more I think I'm glad they are pounding the people doing things that are less than legal, so many examples on here of how to make a much better living than I do completely within the limits of the law.... the only other place that busy is the unemployment office!!!! - Maybe we could have a michigan works training program lol...

Anyone feel free to PM me if you have a great club or meeting place in the Lansing area for like minded individuals to meet. Thanks

2Dog

Fat Freddy

Fat Freddy

I was dwelling on the same thing. But after careful thought I would prefer to work with a operating dispensary to move my overages. With the state reps looking at trying to regulate
who can dispense meds via Corporate drug store chains. I can only go the route of the least risk. Personally I think the states reps are misguided. Surely they will kill a budding industry and the thousands of jobs it would create.

Just a suggestion, get a Hightimes and contact a Michigan attorney that is a normal member. He will have some good information and guidance to offer.
Personally I think the state should offer tax tags to growers and a means to dispose of their overages. The tag would be good for one plant and would have a expiration date of say 100 days so it could not be used again. Or they could institute 1) a licences to distribute. 2) a tax to be paid by dispensaries at time of sale. Those convicted of a drug or gun related felony within the past 6 years. Will be prohibited of getting a dispensary license. Anyone convicted of tax evasion will not qualify for a license.
etc etc.

M

MichNuggets

Lansing and Ann Arbor seem to be the location everyone is having luck with...

Top Bottom