Opinion On This Veg Rig.

• Thread starter CallmeTex
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

Will my 5 cob led replace an 8 bulb t-5?

• Total voters
CallmeTex

CallmeTex

In your opinion will this 5 cob citi 1212 with the hlg-240 replace an 8 bulb t-5?
Dimmed to half way for the photo
Opinion on this veg rig

Opinion on this veg rig 2

I'm in the process of doing away with bulb lighting completely, and just wanted to get an opinion. The space it will be covering is a 2x4' tray. Vegging plants in #3 containers getting ready to flower in this room.

Opinion on this veg rig 3

CallmeTex

CallmeTex

you will find the lower you tune it the more lumens the plants can absorb and grow tighter nodes
Do you mean to keep the fixture closer to the tops of the plants? Right now I've got it hung high enough to through an even spread on all the plants.

CallmeTex

CallmeTex

lower wattage allows for more light absorption not distance but watts. 25w/sf is great for veg 50w/sf is great for bloom
Okay, I see.

Hey chief you though of bolting that old t5 fixture to the wall in your flower room to create some strong side lighting?
No hadn't thought of that, good idea. I would do that, but I'm trying to reduce heat in the grow. Next to phase out are the 600/750 watt Gavitas.

sixstring

sixstring

I thought 50 watts per square ft was the minimum
Hb
he is using it for veg though. @CallmeTex nice setup. i have a 4 x cob rig in veg now im running @ 110w so like 28w per cob and its killing any t5 fixture i have run except my 12 lamp badboy.but i think 6 cobs would kill the badboy if i ran them @30w each no doubt in my mind.and i will be doin just that in my new veg room.im so fuckin tired of replaing t5 bulbs.

CallmeTex

CallmeTex

he is using it for veg though. @CallmeTex nice setup. i have a 4 x cob rig in veg now im running @ 110w so like 28w per cob and its killing any t5 fixture i have run except my 12 lamp badboy.but i think 6 cobs would kill the badboy if i ran them @30w each no doubt in my mind.and i will be doin just that in my new veg room.im so fuckin tired of replaing t5 bulbs.

Thanks sixstring, yup this is my veg rig and is intended for freshly rooted clones and seedlings in the first stage veg tray. I've got a 6 citizen cob 300 watt that should arrive tomorrow that I plan for the second tray getting plants ready for the flower room. I'll post some more pics once I get it going, and see some results.

I'm tired of replacing bulbs too man, lol. What color temp are your cobs for veg six? These 3500k seem to be working great.

hiboy

hiboy

Never used cobs before
Which ones do u prefer
I think I saw some diy kits
Hb

sixstring

sixstring

Never used cobs before
Which ones do u prefer
I think I saw some diy kits
Hb
i prefer cree and vero,but alot of guys are moving to citizen because they are very cheap . rapidled and timbergrowlights have some nice kits.the new rage is quantum boards,much easier to work with.thry are flat panel style led pcb boards,very fuckin bright lol.i have basically switched over my whole flower room from 12.9kw hid to 6200w of led almost all cree cobs and im loving these.same or better yields half the cooling and power costs,no lamp changes for 8 years easy peasy :)

CallmeTex

CallmeTex

Yea man, I'm using the citizen in the veg because they are much cheaper. I've got Cree Cxb in flower and am going to try the Vero 29s real soon. So far my worst grow with the Cree has been 1.2 grams per watt in organic soil. The best grow yet was 1.5 gpw. Strait fire too.:fire:
Cxb 3590 grown.
100 5479

Latest posts

Top Bottom