Opinions about Floranova Bloom(lucas formula)

• Thread starter kushluvr
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
kushluvr

kushluvr

hello everyone,

I just started using this stuff and I want to know what you guys think of it! All positive and negative feedback is welcome.............so.....lets hear it!

thanks
kush

B

Bobby Smith

I used it for a couple of grows but now I'm back to the three part - without constantly agitating your reservoir the shit is so thick that it'll settle on the bottom verey quickly.

Also clogs up pumps like no other.

G

GirlCarny

Opinions about Floranova Bloom(lucas formula)

Think your mixing two different nutrients in your title Lucas formula uses General Hydroponics 3 part nutrients (Micro and Bloom)

Floranova is a one part nutrient also by General Hydroponics its thick and dark and needs to be shaken really really well. My CG used to use it with some amazing results

B

Bobby Smith

FloranovaBloom is the Lucas Formula in a one part formulation.

If using the Flora series, you need the Micro and Bloom.

kushluvr

kushluvr

GIRL...........NOP!.................the NEW lucas formula is Floranova Bloom 8ml/gal! Google it! I was using Micro/Bloom before!

BOBBY........I do have tons of air circulating through the whole system, so this doesnt happen, at least, not yet! The rez doesnt look any different than before with these nutes!

kush

B

Bobby Smith

IMO, airstones are not satisfactory to keep the solution spread evenly throughout your rez - I needed to add a small pond pump to constantly pump the solution around within my reservoir to have any satisfactory results.

It also depends on what type of system you're running; I use(d) it in my E&F tables where the reservoir would sit idle for hours at a time in-between feedings; if you're running it in an aero/RDWC setup where the solution is constantly moving than you'll (obviously) have better results than I did.

G

GirlCarny

Damm you guys are fast... Was just going to say Wow they even have a lucasformula.com web page now and one of the recipes is to for flora nova.
My apologies :)

T

TheIronLung317

Im using it with great results! I just mix the whole batch of water to make sure it blended well. I would also assume using hygrozyme along with your nutes will make them more accessible to your plants?

G

gdbud

I have been using FloraNova Bloom along with Hygrozyme and Drip Clean for my last two grows and also on my current grow.
I learned this mixing technique from a friend that uses dry nutrients and I have never had any nutrients setting to the bottom or coming out of solution.

First: Shake the FloraNova for at least a minute and half or two minutes. Shake Well!

Second: I take a one gallon jug fill half full with water then add the nutrients and additives then add more water in order to make jug 3/4 full. Shake Well 30 seconds to 1 minute.

Third: I fill my reservoir with water minus one gallon. Reservoir has two air stones for aeration and mixing.

Fourth: Then I pour the mixture into a second jug that has a small tubing 1/8" ID or smaller coming out at the bottom. Them I let the solution slowly run into the reservoir above one of the air stones.

This lets the solution to slowly mix together with the water and not settle on the bottom.

kushluvr

kushluvr

Bud.............r u using a ebb n flow (FND)? I like this technique. I might have to give it a shot. Im switching back to flood n drain and it sounds good for that?

S

strictlyOG

i prefer grow and bloom the plants seem to always love these two. i also mix it up with a couple AN nute's as well. i work with OG and they love nitrogen. so works for me.

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
Have run it for quite a while. Left and have come back to it 3 or 4 times now. Personally I dont run the grow. Dont like it. Still use PBP in veg. Floranova is the tits. Floralicious Plus makes these nutes WAY BETTER IMO. Night and day with that additive. As Bobby said a recirc pump is a must if you are in a ebb and flo system or a drip system. Airstones wont really do anything for the nutes. If it settles you are not agitating it enough. I had that problem when I first ran it in the rezs. Mount an inline pump outside of the rez. Keeps the heat down. Will creep up to high 70's sometimes if not without a chiller. The only thing I wouldnt use it for is Aero. SO simple. I dont know bout special mixing instructions. I just dump it in the rez like I do with every other nute or additive. Never seem to have a problem. Very PH stable like H&G.

kushluvr

kushluvr

thanks everyone, i love all the info, im switching back to flood n drain next runs, also im gonna run only OG, so good to know!

H

halitzor

I have been using FloraNova Bloom along with Hygrozyme and Drip Clean for my last two grows and also on my current grow.
I learned this mixing technique from a friend that uses dry nutrients and I have never had any nutrients setting to the bottom or coming out of solution.

First: Shake the FloraNova for at least a minute and half or two minutes. Shake Well!

Second: I take a one gallon jug fill half full with water then add the nutrients and additives then add more water in order to make jug 3/4 full. Shake Well 30 seconds to 1 minute.

Third: I fill my reservoir with water minus one gallon. Reservoir has two air stones for aeration and mixing.

Fourth: Then I pour the mixture into a second jug that has a small tubing 1/8" ID or smaller coming out at the bottom. Them I let the solution slowly run into the reservoir above one of the air stones.

This lets the solution to slowly mix together with the water and not settle on the bottom.

I use floranova bloom + hygrozyme + floralicious plus + drip clean we're growtwins!

My method is putting 5 gallons of water in a 5 gallon bucket and lugging it upstairs. I set my 2 pumps into the bucket and plug them in which mixes the water viciously. I add the 5ml/gal (veg) so 25ml of FNB first and give it 5 minutes to mix. Then I add the rest and give the whole thing 10 to 15 more mins to mix. Then I check the ppm and pH which are always perfect without adjusting... convenient. Then add to the res.

kushluvr

kushluvr

I have an extra sub pump and I thought I would just throw it in a 5gal bucket(no hose) add nutes and turn it on and let it run awhile before adding to rez!

Also.......is hygrozyme and aquasheild close to the samething?

Top Bottom