opinions of jorge cervantes

• Thread starter Camdawg
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Camdawg

Camdawg

he seems to contradict himself alot and doesnt discuss key points in his videos anyone else starting to wonder if the look isnt a disguise and how for real this guy really is. I dont see him posting on the forums any opinions?

T

Tex

Premium Member
Supporter
he seems to contradict himself alot and doesnt discuss key points in his videos anyone else starting to wonder if the look isnt a disguise and how for real this guy really is. I dont see him posting on the forums any opinions?

Ha! For sure he wears a wig and sunglasses, it's all a disguise, that's not even his real name, I believe.. As far as contradiction, IDK on that one. I do know he is a good starting point as mentioned above, maybe some new research and technology has come out and in some of his older work vs. newer work it's contradicts? Regardless, decent info for beginners, get a good base for the most part.

Confuten1

Confuten1

exploitin strengths - perfectin weaknessess
Supporter
^^^^^ Agreed with above, between him and Ed Rosenthal, they provide the bases and then the farm will take you to the next level, the SUPER LEVEL.

Confu...

TheCoolestMan

TheCoolestMan

Premium Member
Supporter
Well i will say start by the farm, no need to wasting ur time on Ed and George, go strech to the superlevel ;)

Giddeon

Giddeon

Well i will say start by the farm, no need to wasting ur time on Ed and George, go strech to the superlevel ;)

Well I dont feel you can necessarily super-charge a grower from day 1 though, while the Farm gives great Info and can super-charge a grower if he/she knows how to filter the info given. People like Jorge and Ed give great info, (yes Jorge does contradict himself plenty of times especially in his Grow Bible.) but I'm sure they also have a bit of help from a professional editing team that, I'm going to say, can some-what organize info to be presented to someone who has no clue whats going on. Reading works from Ed and Jorge will help the beginning grower dive into the world of growing and build their frame work on which they can add the finishing touches to once a basic understanding is obtained.

My .02
Giddeon:harvest:

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
he contradicts himself so much it makes me wonder if he has ever grown weed himself

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
his best book I think is the one that gives you all the different ideas/ways to set up a grow

TheCoolestMan

TheCoolestMan

Premium Member
Supporter
Well I dont feel you can necessarily super-charge a grower from day 1 though, while the Farm gives great Info and can super-charge a grower if he/she knows how to filter the info given. People like Jorge and Ed give great info, (yes Jorge does contradict himself plenty of times especially in his Grow Bible.) but I'm sure they also have a bit of help from a professional editing team that, I'm going to say, can some-what organize info to be presented to someone who has no clue whats going on. Reading works from Ed and Jorge will help the beginning grower dive into the world of growing and build their frame work on which they can add the finishing touches to once a basic understanding is obtained.

My .02
Giddeon:harvest:

If u know how to use the search engine on this forum u don't need Ed or George.

Nothing better than reading the infarmary section...Which people forget to read.

i bet they both seeks their infos on ICMAG and THCFARMER and befor that OVERGROW thats why they contradict them self so much, they read everybody post :)

E

ent

Think about how difficult it would be to write a growing book. It's not hard writing about how you grow. But trying to cover such an expansive subject in an absolute way is going to be difficult. You hear sometimes about you either have a green thumb or you don't because it is not something you can read in a book.

Blaze

Blaze

He is a writer, not a grower :)

Hit the nail on the head. He isn't even a very good writer IMO. His books and vidoes are filled with inaccurate, contradictory, outdated, and just flat out wrong information. The guy is obviously pretty clueless about many of the basic principals of botany and agriculture in general, which is probably why he contradicts himself so much.

T

trusmoker

:evilgrin0040:his grow bible help me out the shit a few times when i first started i think its just good to setup a first grow with or spot problems when u dont no about places like the farm

T

Tron

Don't know him personally... I did buy his book when I first started, skimmed through it, and started learning as I went... The internet is a tremendous resource for learning, something most of us didn't have in the beginning...And guess what??? It's FREE!!! My advice is to keep it simple, learn the basics, learn your enviornment, learn your plants, and pay attention to the ones around here with a couple thousand post, and some of the ones with 50:)

altitudefarmer

altitudefarmer

I'd rather not be the one to judge his character and/or grow know; I do think it's only fair to respect the risks he's taken over the years to further the gospel of cannabis.

T

trusmoker

yeah he been about for awhile and i would love to able to write a bible in such content u should of started a thread title do u think he has made a decent living off talking about cannabis if so he should be respected for pushing forward
peace

B

Bobby Smith

His real name is George Van Patten, and the dude definitely knows how to grow........if he contradicts himself, I'd assume that's because he most likely smoked himself to the point of being considered legally retarded sometime back in the late 80s.

EDIT: not to say that everything that he and Ed say and have been saying since the 80s is gospel; of course there's things that have been proven to not be beneficial and some that are just flat out wrong.......that being said, I stand by my statement that the motherfucker knows how to grow.

Check out his Van Patten books.

Top Bottom