Opinions on Aurora CO please....

• Thread starter Inuit
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
I

Inuit

Hey All,

Just recently moved to CO, and am currently staying with friends.

I have met a landlord that is a med patient, and is willing to rent the house to me with no worries. The house is a nicer area in Aurora, near Illif and Evans area.

Now, I do my homework, and found Aurora has invoked a 150 sq ft plant canopy limit, which is a bit small for my proposed project, after a veg and mom area are taken into account.

I found a couple news articles stating that people were being arrested for being over their numbers in the last couple years in Aurora.

I plan to play ball by the book, but my crops will be a bit higher on numbers since I have an edible rec with higher plant count than the 3/3.

So, I am curious if the local LEO will respect an edible variance rec or haul me off to the big house if I run a bunch of massive trees. And will an area larger than 150 sq ft be a criminal or a civil offense?

I am also curious about local opinion, a few friends of mine said Aurora looks nice, but is really kinda dumpy and has more than its share of crime/gangs and such. Drove around the neighborhood in the later afternoon, and it didn't appear to be any different that your average suburbia.

Anyhow, I need to call this landlord back and let him know, and I am really kind of torn between going for it and holding off. Last thing I want is to relocate myself and get into some stupid trouble when I thought I was playing by the book.

Thanks,

Inuit

Tripsick

Tripsick

Aurora rules! heheh but really i would look other places unless its only for 6 months.

Oh and the edible variance rec will get you hauled off for sure. 6 plants stick to it or be ready to fight in court and have all your medical records drug out.

your 150 limit is a joke not sure where that came from... Man they hate headshops in aurora even though they still open up.

and i guess it depends on what you think is nice... But Saudi Aurora is great place to setup a methlab

sky high

sky high

Before 2009 and the self-serving ways of the dispensaries and their "fish in the barrel" Dr/patient scheme.... the words "edible" and "variance" were never spoken/thought of in Colorado.

The law allows you to argue IN COURT that you need more, but neither a "Dr's rec".....nor your RED CARD will guarantee protection from arrest if you are over the >stated< limit of 3/3.

LEO is minimally schooled on this/these laws as it is. >IF< they have a clue at all what the law says they will be following the law >as written<...which is 3/3....or....currently...a maximum of 36 plants if you are a caregiver and have the required paperwork to prove it.

get real folks. If you are gonna go over 3/3...grow some balls and let it fly and stop perpetuating the myth that we have any sort of "variance' that works >upfront< when the cops come. We don't and chances are, it won't.

wot a mess...

s h

JeromeGarcia

JeromeGarcia

And I think with the proposed Caregiver regulations of "services other than providing mmj" you will need to wipe-their-arse, clean their dishes, and mop their floors every other day...

MileHighChic

MileHighChic

Honestly...Aurora is not the best place to grow. Some areas are high in crimes and gang activities. I would recommend Denver, Boulder or even Golden area.

sky high

sky high

I suggested earlier that a photo of a good ass-wipe (with an old Red Card!) could very weel be in order as "proof" a CG does more for the patient than provide MMJ....

but with the way 1284 is written....it's time for everyone to DROP their patients when the time comes and go forward by renting your "fellow" patients "grow space" in your garden.
No 2 CG's can share a garden but there is no provision that prohibits patients from sharing a garden. Take their pic tending "their" plants.....post it with their card....get a copy of a check for sharing of expenses....

and let it fuckin fly!

Dat's what we'z gonna do here. No names on the Registry as CG's and NO "extra" duties or responsibilities needed.

homey don't play that DOR game!

s h

T

TurboAllWD

Renting space sounds good. What about having the patients get a notarized change of caregiver form every 10 days and just forget about sending it into the state? Also can I drop my patients by signing up with a caregiver or disp? I know you can't have patients and have a caregiver for yourself.

Mr.Sputnik

Mr.Sputnik

Aurora sucks. No trees = heat problems this summer.

R

Rednick

You don't want to live in Aurora...
But wants and needs are two different things.
Rent is cheaper, usually. But you might as well just live on a farm in Eastern Colorado.

As far as methlabs go, watch out for Adams County...Just the whole county.

M

mal

Premium Member
Supporter
living in Colorado

Can't recommend Aurora myself, I'd look towards Boulder. But if your landlord is very cool it might work out great, I'd just keep a low profile. After living in aurora, denver,boulder, and outside dillon I'd live in the mountains. Hope everything works out for the best

mal

R

Rednick

Maybe a little jail time, too.

Aurora is the best place to grow in the metro area really...

If you need anything i also live in Aurora so please feel free to contact me at any time and maybe we can hash a few things out...

[email protected]
www.milehighnorml.org
Why Mile High Norml is a joke?/!
Yeah, Sgreene will help you. Then when you get rolled by APD they get to talk about you on their shitty Internet radio show.

P.S. I am still waiting for Warren Eddson in the background "-Cough-Cough- It's puff puff, give Nhhher. You're screwing up the rotation."
:harvest:

R

Rednick

Ya know.
I think Sgreene420 might work for the po-po.
Just a thought, his posts are somewhat conflicting and all he does is paste open information,
Yet he gave us his email through Norml to contact him???

Maybe he is just a douche?

Would you like to show us your grow?

sedate

sedate

Inuit said:
I have met a landlord that is a med patient, and is willing to rent the house to me with no worries. The house is a nicer area in Aurora, near Illif and Evans area.

I do most of my business in that neighborhood.

Inuit said:
I am also curious about local opinion, a few friends of mine said Aurora looks nice, but is really kinda dumpy and has more than its share of crime/gangs and such. Drove around the neighborhood in the later afternoon, and it didn't appear to be any different that your average suburbia.

Um. Yes. That.

Aurora is extremely low-income/low-education level/low-property value.

City Ordinances maintain some degree of upkeep ....

sky high said:
No 2 CG's can share a garden but there is no provision that prohibits patients from sharing a garden. Take their pic tending "their" plants.....post it with their card....get a copy of a check for sharing of expenses....

and let it fuckin fly!

Dat's what we'z gonna do here. No names on the Registry as CG's and NO "extra" duties or responsibilities needed.

Um. A patient's plants must be at that patient's residence - so unless you're renting a bit more than grow space . . .

sky high

sky high

where's the verbiage in the law sayin that, sedate? How then....would a Patient Collective work within the law? Please post.

s h

sedate

sedate

sky high said:
where's the verbiage in the law sayin that, sedate? How then....would a Patient Collective work within the law? Please post.

As far as I know they aren't allowed - like private caregivers aren't supposed to team up and shit and plant out a residence - more than 30 plants - (everyone keeps saying 36 but the CDPHE guidelines are definitely 30) is a no-no without the special cultivation permitting scheme that is so pricey.

And caregivers/patients aren't supposed to have plants/medicine anywhere except on the patients or caregivers address as listed on the ID used to get the rec. Remember ppl are supposed to notify CDPHE within 10days of a addy change - not that anyone does.

These other things are sort of cross on "t's" and dots on "i's" - but the 30 count limit is firm statewide for private caregivers/private residences.

I have to go in a minute but I'll x2 check all this against the verbiage in the law when I get home later.

Anyway - everyone be safe not sorry.

If I'm wrong, I'll definitely post up corrections as necessary sky high . . .

sedate

sedate

sedate said:
As far as I know they aren't allowed - like private caregivers aren't supposed to team up and shit and plant out a residence - more than 30 plants

Sky High:

I just reviewed the text of the bill for a few different things ....

Private caregivers are absolutely banned from "teaming up" and planting out a house.

B

BoCo Buds

Awoowaa... local leo has it passed down... don't bother with the small stuff. They'l come by when called... maybe not for a day or two... leave a card if ya don't answer... and make an appointment to stop by w ya call em back. Makes a straight plant count of 6 per patient for a CG grow plus the CG themselves (don't care if it's flowering or veggin... just six per). If you're cool with them & in order... that simple.

Now, if you're over...??? Might not go so smoothly...?

BTW... it's basically like that in a lot of the areas... Boulder County especially, and even Adams Sheriff's... if you are in order. Peace

Top Bottom