Opinions on exhale Co2 bags

• Thread starter Skeggox
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Skeggox

Skeggox

I know this old guy 😆 thats running the co2 bags in his non sealed room and his plants are like ....OMFG...
That's what I'm trying not to do. But it's either shell out for a ac or vent. And I need a humidifier so it looks like I'm venting. Is it still considered sealed if you're running an exhaust with no intake?

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

That's what I'm trying not to do. But it's either shell out for a ac or vent. And I need a humidifier so it looks like I'm venting. Is it still considered sealed if you're running an exhaust with no intake?
I want to be there when your grow room implodes. That's a hellacious exhaust fan.

DeepCoverInDisguise

DeepCoverInDisguise

The manufacturer of the Exhale bags states on their website that if you are exhausting out of the room, just place the bags on the floor at the opposite point of the exhaust fan and let it draw the co2 up thru the plants and out. It may not be ideal, but it still impacts plant growth enough to make a difference.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Lmao. Am I thinking wrong when people talk about a negative pressure grow?
Oh yeah.
There is an HVAC guy here, I forget who, sorry, (He builds hospital rooms). But the whole point is to have enough airflow so that you don't notice it, it just keeps everything moving out.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

There is really no such thing as a sealed room grow unless you plan on providing oxygen and everything else...
If it's sealed, they will eventually die from lack of replenished air.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

There is really no such thing as a sealed room grow unless you plan on providing oxygen and everything else...
If it's sealed, they will eventually die from lack of replenished air.
Have to disagree bro.... you only need co2. Fresh air is what exactly?

I run 0 air exchange other than going in and out of my room.

Plants make a lot more oxygen then they consume so you absolutely don't need to supplement o2 and only need to supplement co2 as they hold onto most of the carbon.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Unless you run a co2 burner... then it's needed to get rid of other gasses produced like ethylene from inefficient burners and carbon monoxide etc.

Anthem

Anthem

Have to disagree bro.... you only need co2. Fresh air is what exactly?

I run 0 air exchange other than going in and out of my room.

Plants make a lot more oxygen then they consume so you absolutely don't need to supplement o2 and only need to supplement co2 as they hold onto most of the carbon.
100 percent true. No one supplements with O2 in a sealed room.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Nitrogen (N2)78.08%
Oxygen (O2)20.95%
Argon (Ar)0.93%
Neon, Helium, Krypton0.0001%
Carbon dioxide (CO2)0.038%
Water vapor (H2O)0-4%
Methane (CH4)trace
Sulfur dioxide (SO2)trace
Ozone (O3)trace
Nitrogen oxides (NO, NO2, N20)trace
We still need some of these, but not all, and it's won't kill us like a deprevation of O2 would.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Like I said before, I've never run Co2 but it seems that a sealed room would eventually run out of something that is necessary for plant life.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Nope... i know nitrogen is not taken up except by nitrogen fixing bacteria.

I have run a completely sealed room for yrs

Yes your right they will die without supplementing co2.

But not o2 if I remember right they produce about 10x the amount of o2 as they use.

Latest posts

Top Bottom