Opinions on new room design please

• Thread starter Medicalneeds
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

Medicalneeds

First off i love this site !
Been a lurker but need some input . My last grow was a 3x6 closet grow with a 600 watt sealed and vented over 2 bubblers running floranova bloom . Harvested 1/2 lb dried . I have a new grow area to use that is 11ft long 7 ft wide and 8ft tall. I am limited to 6 plants and would like to get input on lighting ,sealed or vented and total watts of light. Im planning on running a 6 bucket bubbler system with a 27 gal tote controll bucket . I have one 600 watt hps a ostberg inline fan rated at 700 and a few small water pumps. Im planing on spending around 1500.00 on lighting venting or co2 and building materials. I have a controll room for balast air pump etc.
1.would you run 3 600 watt lights or 2 1000 watts ? what would be the max watts for the area ?
2.Should i run vertical or horizontal sealed and vented lighting ,pros and cons ?
3. Would a saled room be possible if i run bottled co2 and a window style ac ? This will be a winter grow so ?
4. I have considered a partial recirculation timed system to keep res temps down. Can i just run some feed lines from the controll bucket to the bubblers and top fill would the bubblers equalize ? i was hoping with a 10 min on time per hour i wouldnt need a chiller , would the circulation be a large enough benefit to bother with ?
5. Will a portable 10000 ac be enough ac ?

I plan to lay down some coin and want to get the most for my buck , i know 1500 is a small budget but this is what i have to work with and this is a medical compliant grow. All opinions on lighting ,venting and grow styles would be appriciated . Thanks to all you farmers !

A

amstercal

I think the max number of lights would be 6 x 1000w just based on the square footage. It would be overkill, IMHO. Do you already have the a/c? Does the $1500 need to include everything, plus an a/c? It seems like whether it's because you already have it or because more would be too expensive, the a/c is kind of going to be your limiting factor. Oh and also, what kind of climate are you in? Is the air outside actually cool enough to cool your room?
I think you could have a more than amazing room with just the 2kws. I will always vote 2 1000s over 3 600s, but that's just me. 3 plants per 1kw is an amazing ratio and should grow you some big ones. Also, the more light you have, the more heat you have to deal with and chillers etc become more essential.

M

Medicalneeds

Thanks for the reply ! Been setting the wheels in motion. Cant wait to grow in such a larger space than last time. As far as the ac goes i have central i could use but im thinking about trying a window unit and venting the lights. I like the under current and mpb style grows but too much initial equipment for now. I may just run some bubbler totes this time. I basically have a room im spliting , pulled carpet today and got the wall up and installed the metal door with a very nice seal. I agree the 2k will be plenty in this area so off to the hydro store thursday. I hope to run a sealed room ,we will see ! The climagte here is cool in the winter from the 50s down to the teens once in a while. I have net pot buckets and a couple totes so i may run bubble buckets in a sealed room with c02 and vented hoods . I wish i had the funds for a mini split and a chiller. maybe next time. Im going to see what i can get away with. Maybe a semi timed recirculation system of some kind and see how temps do. I have a controll room outside the grow area i can keep the res in . im sure temps are going to be the issue until i can get a descent ac unit and a chiller, im considering adding a subpanel in the controll room also. thanks again i will keep ya posted on progress. should i get 1 hps and one halide or two hps. My 600 is a hps . im going to insulate with 2 inch foam board next . thanks again for your input.

CannabisJohn

CannabisJohn

Thanks for the reply ! Been setting the wheels in motion. Cant wait to grow in such a larger space than last time. As far as the ac goes i have central i could use but im thinking about trying a window unit and venting the lights. I like the under current and mpb style grows but too much initial equipment for now. I may just run some bubbler totes this time. I basically have a room im spliting , pulled carpet today and got the wall up and installed the metal door with a very nice seal. I agree the 2k will be plenty in this area so off to the hydro store thursday. I hope to run a sealed room ,we will see ! The climagte here is cool in the winter from the 50s down to the teens once in a while. I have net pot buckets and a couple totes so i may run bubble buckets in a sealed room with c02 and vented hoods . I wish i had the funds for a mini split and a chiller. maybe next time. Im going to see what i can get away with. Maybe a semi timed recirculation system of some kind and see how temps do. I have a controll room outside the grow area i can keep the res in . im sure temps are going to be the issue until i can get a descent ac unit and a chiller, im considering adding a subpanel in the controll room also. thanks again i will keep ya posted on progress. should i get 1 hps and one halide or two hps. My 600 is a hps . im going to insulate with 2 inch foam board next . thanks again for your input.

Won't be able to easy use the central unit. You would need to put in zoning system or disconnect all other house ducts and block them. Plus also ur central unit maybe to big for just ur grow room. Things to think about. Try to go with a mini split if possible. If not use a window unit over using a portable one. I am a HVAC pro. If you have other questions let me know. Try this thread for a/c questions which may help you (I started it).

M

Medicalneeds

Won't be able to easy use the central unit. You would need to put in zoning system or disconnect all other house ducts and block them. Plus also ur central unit maybe to big for just ur grow room. Things to think about. Try to go with a mini split if possible. If not use a window unit over using a portable one. I am a HVAC pro. If you have other questions let me know. Try this thread for a/c questions which may help you (I started it).

thanks for your input ! I just framed in the wall for a window unit . Can you give some input how a window unit intakes and exhaust ? Does in intake the air from the front cool the air across an evaperator and route the cooled air back out the front ? Is the hot air exhausted from the rear just from the condenser ? So is there an air exchange from the intake to the exhaust side carrying dank out with it ? thanks !

Top Bottom