opinions on three growing scenarios

• Thread starter JodolphBitler
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
JodolphBitler

JodolphBitler

hello all. just wanted to run 3 scenarios by y’all to get a better idea of how to proceed.
i have a 12x12 room i grow out of. had one harvest already under a t5 8bulb. now im ready to get serious. I have a 600w hps. also in the room i have a 4x2 tent for veg sealed tight and ventilated. the 600w can comfortably fit 6. i want a perpetual grow with clones. im already in process. im lookin for info on potential yields. the room is a comfy 78 and all nutes and ph are great. so here arw the scenarios

1. 6 plants flowering and 6 in veg tent in two months time I will harvest X amount
2. 3 plants flowering and 3 in veg in two months I will harvest X amount
3. (this is what i want to run) 3 plants flowering and after 1 month throw 3 more to flower while i have 3 vegging and 3 clones. each month I will harvest X amount

I really want a monthly harvest. in my head all 3 scenarios hypothetically will yield the same amount. the only difference is scenario 3 will either be split. so instead of lets say 10oz in 2 months off of 3, i will get 5 per month OR I will get those 10oz per month on 3 plants contingent that there is plenty of light and canopy space.
its really giving me a headache and would love some input.
thanks

Last edited:
JodolphBitler

JodolphBitler

The last choice might work better because the first 3 plants can have more than half the space under the flower light.
thats what i was thinking. currently i have 3 with 1 month to go and 3 I just
put under 5 days ago. those ones are not very tall and i had to use a table to boost them to keep canopy somewhat even. in my head the 3 i will harvest in a month will be the same as say 3 or 6 i will harvest in two months. it’s baffling

JodolphBitler

JodolphBitler

I vote staggering
right on! thats where i am at. trimming 3 a month sounds better than 6 every 2 months especially when the yield will be pretty much the same. maybe even more as the newer plants are smaller and dont use up much canopy space or crowd out the older ones. kudos!

Ponky

Ponky

I use a small space for my personal grow. And it's similar in size. And I have a dedicated veg tent. And then 3 dedicated 12/12 lights in 3 other tents. So it comes down about once every 3 weeks. I would add lights.

JodolphBitler

JodolphBitler

i live in a trailer so the room
is basically a small bedroom. the 600w is fair. may go to a 1000w but with better reflector hood. been wanting to wallpaper the room
with diamond mylar to increase the light efficiency. a supplemental light source would be helpful if i can keep it cheap on the overall bill. maybe do what i did in the veg tent. i have a t5 8 bulb in there but it got way too hot. 456 watts. so i took it to an electrician and he bypassed the ballast and i put in 8 22w led bulbs in there. what a difference in heat and the lumens seem
to be anout the same. thanks for the input.

Ponky

Ponky

144 square feet is enough to be smoking real good. I would consider some CMH with the air-cooled. This won't cost a lot to run. Easy to vent the heat. so you could do 2 or 3 or 4 of them no problem.

JodolphBitler

JodolphBitler

id love that. being in a recently added rec state id dig not having to clean cars. 🤘

Ponky

Ponky

15 to 20 pounds a year is a good purse. More than that and you need a friend to help smoke it.

JodolphBitler

JodolphBitler

144 square feet is enough to be smoking real good. I would consider some CMH with the air-cooled. This won't cost a lot to run. Easy to vent the heat. so you could do 2 or 3 or 4 of them no problem.
looks good. i think something like that would be perfect. thanks

dirtyoldman

dirtyoldman

hello all. just wanted to run 3 scenarios by y’all to get a better idea of how to proceed.
i have a 12x12 room i grow out of. had one harvest already under a t5 8bulb. now im ready to get serious. I have a 600w hps. also in the room i have a 4x2 tent for veg sealed tight and ventilated. the 600w can comfortably fit 6. i want a perpetual grow with clones. im already in process. im lookin for info on potential yields. the room is a comfy 78 and all nutes and ph are great. so here arw the scenarios

1. 6 plants flowering and 6 in veg tent in two months time I will harvest X amount
2. 3 plants flowering and 3 in veg in two months I will harvest X amount
3. (this is what i want to run) 3 plants flowering and after 1 month throw 3 more to flower while i have 3 vegging and 3 clones. each month I will harvest X amount

I really want a monthly harvest. in my head all 3 scenarios hypothetically will yield the same amount. the only difference is scenario 3 will either be split. so instead of lets say 10oz in 2 months off of 3, i will get 5 per month OR I will get those 10oz per month on 3 plants contingent that there is plenty of light and canopy space.
its really giving me a headache and would love some input.
thanks
I don't know how you can fine-tune projective estimates on cannabis in a 12-foot square room what with all the variables. And there are tons of variables. You'll get a better idea for yourself on the room's potential after you've done a couple projects in there. Maybe commercial growers with professional production techniques can fine-tune their yield estimates because they standardize production with a larger number of plants. I could write paragraphs on the various things that could affect yield. LST and HST. How much you push the envelope on the nutes. Strain type is a big one. How big you let them get before flowering. People with 10-gal. pots seem to do better than my 5-gal. pots. A guy with an Agriculture degree who owns a grow store told me to use at least 7-gal. pots for my indoor grow. When I find decent 7-gal pots I'll use them. If I had a room like yours to operate in I'd be running two 1000 halide/hps lamps and 10-gallon pots and I'd let them get over 3 feet tall before flowering and switching out the bulbs to sodium. And use lots of HST and LST during the process. Taking my time. Like a 6-month grow. And I'd be disappointed if I didn't get 5 pounds. Actually more lamps than that could fit in that room. That's a big space. I'm envious.

Last edited:
JodolphBitler

JodolphBitler

I don't know how you can fine-tune projective estimates on cannabis in a 12-foot square room what with all the variables. And there are tons of variables. You'll get a better idea for yourself on the room's potential after you've done a couple projects in there. Maybe commercial growers with professional production techniques can fine-tune their yield estimates because they standardize production with a larger number of plants. I could write paragraphs on the various things that could affect yield. LST and HST. How much you push the envelope on the nutes. Strain type is a big one. How big you let them get before flowering. People with 10-gal. pots seem to do better than my 5-gal. pots. A guy with an Agriculture degree who owns a grow store told me to use at least 7-gal. pots for my indoor grow. When I find decent 7-gal pots I'll use them. If I had a room like yours to operate in I'd be running two 1000 halide/hps lamps and 10-gallon pots and I'd let them get over 3 feet tall before flowering and switching out the bulbs to sodium. And use lots of HST and LST during the process. Taking my time. Like a 6-month grow. And I'd be disappointed if I didn't get 5 pounds. Actually more lamps than that could fit in that room. That's a big space. I'm envious.
I do a few fim’s and supercropping and some lst in veg to even out the canopy.
as fair sized as the room is, i still have the veg tent and a cabinet that takes some space. tbh its tight. it would just be nice to know that harvesting 3 per month would be equivalent to 6 every 2 months. thanks

Latest posts

Top Bottom