Opinions Please!

• Thread starter stifler
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

stifler

Hey everyone jus a quickie - looking for your opinion regardless of good or bad so please all jump in

Q1 Have any of you used...
a Pick & Mix seeds
b Emerald Triangle seeds
c Greenhouse seeds

Q2 what do you think of what ive ordered?

Ive looked through the various strains out there and IMHO you guys in the US have some nice kush strains but us EURO boys tend to be better with haze's and skunk's so with that in mind ive ordered

Emerald Triangle's Royal Purple Kush in feminised
Greenhouse's Super Silver Haze in feminised
Both types ordered from Pick & Mix

Having read alot on here about Sannies i looked at his site but nothing jumped out at me so i just went with what i fancied.. I presume both companies are well known but id also like to know if any of you have done either of these strains and how they were.

Where I live I dont believe any clones are what people say they are and i have doubts about the quality of the mother too in most cases so i decided to introduce some beans into my life so i know what ive got... am i right to do this or am i jus too picky with wanting to know what im buying & smoking.

Just to add I ordered midnight (ish) wednesday and they arrived on friday morning so big thumbs up to pick & mix from me. Plus the seeds are nice, big and healthy, alot better than some ive had in the past.

cannarado

cannarado

Premium Member
Supporter
Greenhouse sux for the most part. Im sure they put out something decent from time to time. Id go with the emerald triangle strains

S

stifler

Anyone actually grown either of these particular strains?

Greenhouse - Super Silver Haze
Emerald Triangle - Royal Purple Kush

Id love to see pictures if so...

Thanks Guys

TortureKill

TortureKill

I would say there is absolutely nothing wrong with wanting to know what you are smoking. Its very nice when you have pinpointed the exact line of smoke that you like and works best for you. Im a sativa guy myself, but I enjoy a nice indica aswell. I also like to have a variety of smoke on hand, and enjoy many different tastes. Variety IS the spice of life after all..
The US doesnt just have kush strains either my man, theres a nice variety of special sativas, and hybrids to be found. Sure the market is currently in a KUSH CRAZE but if you look in the right places, Im sure youd find just about anything you were looking for.
Glad ya got some new seed to work with, and after growing the strain a few times you will get a feel for their optimal conditions, and also how they affect you. Then you can possibly start dabbling with some different females and pollens, and create the perfect plant for yourself and your growing environment.

S

stifler

I take ur point but im not saying the US only has kush im jus saying if ur buying kush then the US is the obvious choice and for skunks and haze's in my opinion EUROPE is the place to look first.

Anyone with grow experience with the RPK or SSH id love ur views and pics if you have em

lone420ranger

lone420ranger

I grew out a batch of SSH (right out of the breeder pack) and nothing rang my bell. But I been smoking since 1968, and may have built up a little tolerance by now.

Maybe i wasn't lucky enough to get the right phenos? I don't know, but my son likes it.

M

MIway

^^^ yeah that ^^^

Will add that if you want the real deal SSH... then MrNice is the one you should've gone with... might give a shout out before the actual purchase...? ;-)

And relating to that... these are crosses that will bring about a large sampling of phenotypes... ran out 2 packs of MrNice (16 & 17 seeds in the two packs!)... and I only kept one... didn't find the special one in the two packs.

It's there, I believe, just that one might expect to run out a lot of seeds to finda that special keeper.

Which is why the mix&matches are such a bummer... really cuts down on the chance you will find anything special.

S

stifler

I agree i only got like 5 of each, i was goin to crack them one strain at a time and choose which to keep then pass the spares on to spread the strain about a bit in my area. sadly for me i do not have the room to do them all or to do both strains but im hopeful of a keeper lol
Ive read the shantibaba blog and looked alot into what to get but in the end i just went with my gut reaction and what suited my smoking taste. i did check MNS but jus didnt fancy them, i also looked at cali connection and all the others especially barneys but found his seem alot of the same and huge yield claims i jus didnt believe.
I like the looks of alot of the Emerald Triangle strains and intend on getting a few over the next year or 2

Top Bottom