Opps...I broke it

• Thread starter caregiverken
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
I tied this one down and it Split a couple weeks ago...

Opps..

But Both branches seem to be doing just fine and are still growing nicely..

Has this ever happened to you folks?

Splitbranch2
Splitbranch
Chronic Monster

Chronic Monster

It happened to me once, I used a twist tie and some cloning gel and put the two branches back together, after a month I removed the twist tie and it had healed up nicely.

I don't know if that was the right or wrong way to handle the situation or if it was even needed but thats what I did.
Im subbed to see what others have to say on the subject.

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
if I get a split I usually use garden tie and splint it - hard to tell it looks like maybe that split has started to "scar" over and splinting it together may not have any benefit - it may be allright like that - still gonna be a weak point though so make you you support them branches

O

Onlysmknugz

Tape it I know it sounds crazy but thats what I have done in the past and to be honest with you those plants have grown better!!!

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
thanks for the replies

Yeah,,,I think its too late for tape.

Both branches are supported. One is tied up and the other is laying on the side of the raised bed....lol

I don't have much doubt that they will be fine.

I just wanted to hear if anyone else has done this...and how it turned out :)

Confuten1

Confuten1

exploitin strengths - perfectin weaknessess
Supporter
i think i remember reading something about if it splits and stays open , your more subseptible to rot (in the wound)and things of that nature and somebody filled it with some kind of material(waxy substance i think). Ive also had this happen and like everybody else, jus tied it back together and that was that. its kinda a hazard to training bigger trees huhh.

saw that BUbba, she was lookin nice bro. like what ur doing outdoors.

Confu...

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
Thanks Bro

And Thanks to everyone on this Forum :)

Happy Growing and Medicating everyone!

Top Bottom