Opticlimate / Wilma Grow Diary

• Thread starter VinnieV
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
VinnieV

VinnieV

Hello all!

So i've decided to build my first sealed (semi-sealed) grow room! Details below:

Opticlimate 6000
4 x Gavita e-series 1000w (will likely run at 600-750w with low ceiling height)
2 x wilma 9 pot systems (19l pots)
1 x 10" box fan running at 100-150rpm with carbon filter to reduce smell and give negative pressure through a passive intake
may also have a second fan and carbon filter in the room acting as a scrubber as i'll be trying to avoid an ozone generator at all costs (asthma eh)
Blue lab guardian for monitoring EC, Ph and Res Temp

CO2 ive still to decide between two bits of kit im sitting on, the ecotechnics controller, sensor and regulator or the iponic 614 controller with sensor and regulator. The only downside to the iponic is its the US model (130v) and i'm based in the UK (230V) - i doubt this will be a problem to run co2, but if i want to utilise the iponic as a light controller i'll have to figure a way of rewiring it to accept 230v 3 pin sockets... wish me luck / advice / well wishes ha...

If that wasnt enough im going to play about with a 500L resevoir that i'll connect to the wilmas with a top up valve and have the two wilmas connected with PVC tubing and recirculating pumps.

medium is gold label clay pebbles, nutes are all canna aqua, the girls are 9 amherst sour d and 9 pineapple skunk

The room will be 2.4m x 3m (additional space for scaling up after this grow).

Any questions or advice, i look forward to chatting!

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
pics coming as soon as the room is built! Made the number 1 error of germinating before building - hopefully have the room built tomorrow and everything wired, sealed and attached by wed, shall get pics of the journey for sure!
Sweet! I’m getting ready to do a build myself. Looking forward to enjoying your journey!!

VinnieV

VinnieV

Hey there VinnieV, looking forward to your build out.
Thanks MediMary! i'll be posting pics this friday! Tending to heat stress for not having the opticlimate set up on time - i wish this was a one off but htis is classic me... i'm aiming to improve on that... (;

VinnieV

VinnieV

Hi folks - excuse the drop out - had to move in with the old man temporarily due to ill health so had to scrap the whole project 🥺 as I was out the country.

Back at it with a few changes so I’ll be posting a new thread (unless I can just change the title of this and run with that? Advice? May be neater to start a new thread but don’t want to spam up the board!

Going 6 x CDM 630w lights with ebb and flow!

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Semi sealed rooms are not great for CO2 enrichment unless you only plan on supplementing in which case air exchange should be enough and only in rare cases would you need to. Either go sealed or vented. A sealed room will benefit from air exchange during night cycle.

As for modifying electrical. I would not try this unless the equipment is rated for the voltage. I'm no electrician but it's not a good ideal. Buy the proper equipment I say

VinnieV

VinnieV

Semi sealed rooms are not great for CO2 enrichment unless you only plan on supplementing in which case air exchange should be enough and only in rare cases would you need to. Either go sealed or vented. A sealed room will benefit from air exchange during night cycle.

As for modifying electrical. I would not try this unless the equipment is rated for the voltage. I'm no electrician but it's not a good ideal. Buy the proper equipment I say

Typically I’d advise the same - but fortunately for me my brother in law is an electrical engineer!

Additionally I decided to go fully sealed with a carbon filter scrubber and a carbon filter outside the sealed room to give the external room some negative pressure for additional security (:

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I have some pics of when I was setting up that might give you an idea for a cheap well controlled sealed room. Everything is on controllers. Has heating, humidification, dehumidification, AC and CO2 controller. This is a hydro system but would actually be easier with dirt. I don't usually post pics of any grows or my setup but here ya go. Ignore the mess of wires at the time I was moving shit around and still testing. It's made with durafoam, 1x2 and 2x2 lumber that's sealed.

IMG 20190520 170350
IMG 20190520 170448
VinnieV

VinnieV

Typically I’d advise the same - but fortunately for me my brother in law is an electrical engineer!

Additionally I decided to go fully sealed with a carbon filter scrubber and a carbon filter outside the sealed room to give the external room some negative pressure for additional security :)

VinnieV

VinnieV

Nice one mate, looks v nice! Is that LED your using?

Currently the room is built:

2.4 x 3m, fully sealed, 2.4m high
6 x Dimlux 630w CDM
62 pots for SOG.
Opticlimate 6000 for AC
Dimlux maxi controller for CO2 (tanks)
2 x submersible pumps, one for flood, one to drain back to 750l reservoir
Medium is Mapito
Canna nutes (had good results with these previously)

My only real concern is I have only used HPS previously, Gavita 1000w’s. I have a light meter that I’ll be using to try nail the height from the canopy with. I can’t seem to find much from CDM only grow reports on a decent size - so I’m interested to see the outcome - I’ve read a lot of great things about CDM’a and terpene production etc, negatives such as penetration in comparison to HPS but with the SOG that hopefully won’t be too much of an issue

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Nice one mate, looks v nice! Is that LED your using?

Currently the room is built:

2.4 x 3m, fully sealed, 2.4m high
6 x Dimlux 630w CDM
62 pots for SOG.
Opticlimate 6000 for AC
Dimlux maxi controller for CO2 (tanks)
2 x submersible pumps, one for flood, one to drain back to 750l reservoir
Medium is Mapito
Canna nutes (had good results with these previously)

My only real concern is I have only used HPS previously, Gavita 1000w’s. I have a light meter that I’ll be using to try nail the height from the canopy with. I can’t seem to find much from CDM only grow reports on a decent size - so I’m interested to see the outcome - I’ve read a lot of great things about CDM’a and terpene production etc, negatives such as penetration in comparison to HPS but with the SOG that hopefully won’t be too much of an issue
Yes it's an hlg 600. I use a scrog because I'm limited in height SOG would also work but I'm also limited to 4 plants so scrog makes the most sense.

Running LED without IR you can get away with higher temps I usually sit at 80f during veg and lower the temp a bit in late flower. I use an IR thermometer to dial my leaf temps into 75F which has been shown in countless studies and my own experience to be the optimal for photosynthesis.

I use a Lux app on my phone to get a good ball park on where my lights need to be then dial it in based on plant response. You can download light meter app for free. Seedlings 5000-10000 lux, veg 10000-45000ish starting on the low end and gradually increasing until flower 450000+ late veg early/mid flower with 1200ppm CO2.

VinnieV

VinnieV

Yes it's an hlg 600. I use a scrog because I'm limited in height SOG would also work but I'm also limited to 4 plants so scrog makes the most sense.

Running LED without IR you can get away with higher temps I usually sit at 80f during veg and lower the temp a bit in late flower. I use an IR thermometer to dial my leaf temps into 75F which has been shown in countless studies and my own experience to be the optimal for photosynthesis.

I use a Lux app on my phone to get a good ball park on where my lights need to be then dial it in based on plant response. You can download light meter app for free. Seedlings 5000-10000 lux, veg 10000-45000ish starting on the low end and gradually increasing until flower 450000+ late veg early/mid flower with 1200ppm CO2.
Appreciate the info! I have the dimlux plant temperature camera which reads the plant leaf temperature and can dim the lights if the leaf temp gets higher than the ambient room temp (an indication of stomata closing and photosynthesis stopping / reducing I believe) - good info on the temp for the leaves - I’ll set this as my base point and see how things progress.

I purchased a lux meter myself - currently have clones and seedlings sitting at 9000-10000 lux. I know ideally SOG should be done with one type of clone to ensure even canopy height but I’m working with what I’ve got - some clones rooted / some rooting this eeek and some cracked seeds - all from a friend who had to shut down. Bit of a mess and may be tricky regarding feeding schedule with some strains being 55-60 day flower and others being 70 days... but - at least I can dial in the room for now and get a mother on the go for the next cycle and implement that strategy going forward!

VinnieV

VinnieV

Hello folks! Clones are coming along - just getting reported in net pots, when roots show through they’ll be transplanted into 18l Wilma pots with extra holes in bottom / side to help with absorption when the room is flooded

What’s everyone using for sticking clones? Rockwool on these - but I prefer the clonex plugs for sure - great air to water ratio, I definitely get faster roots with them

Just ph’d these to 5.5 and dipped plugs in Formulex at 2.5ml per liter and .5ml calmag (CANNA)
086E5676 E9DE 4A19 80D0 AAC1BAAB0DAD

VinnieV

VinnieV

Hey folks!

If you noticed a Cal/Mag deficiency (affecting 10% of gals) and also noticed a few of your girls (40%) were showing signs of being overwatered...

Would you feed again with calmag added to your reservoir as soon as, or would you wait until they perked up a bit after the overwatering?

Info: recirculating system, flood and drain to reservoir
EC is 1.2
Ph flood 5.4
Ph after returning to res 5.5
CO2 - 800ppm
Nutes so far - formulex + h202 + superthrive, all at half recommended dosage
Aiming to flip to flower next week.

Oh using Mapito as you can see in picas below 😅
4FE1670E 4270 4841 B733 549B5827F641
826985F8 CDD9 476F B787 B5C9350EAC52
CE48D19D 0729 46CB AEA1 E6D15E1D94E2

VinnieV

VinnieV

Hey folks!

If you noticed a Cal/Mag deficiency (affecting 10% of gals) and also noticed a few of your girls (40%) were showing signs of being overwatered...

Would you feed again with calmag added to your reservoir as soon as, or would you wait until they perked up a bit after the overwatering?

Info: recirculating system, flood and drain to reservoir
EC is 1.2
Ph flood 5.4
Ph after returning to res 5.5
CO2 - 800ppm
Nutes so far - formulex + h202 + superthrive, all at half recommended dosage
Aiming to flip to flower next week.

Oh using Mapito as you can see in picas below 😅
View attachment 875635View attachment 875636View attachment 875637
Re-posted this in the appropriate infirmary section!

VinnieV

VinnieV

Just an update with some pics folks!
on wk 3 of flower, got one pheno of GG#4 throwing out a lot of purple!

Heights a mess, didn’t fill the net well, as expected with so many strains. Will refine on the next round!
19771C98 A1A2 46E1 918C 87BEDA60960C
341EE488 5ACB 4A56 9890 39B1F1FB1CDC
286696F7 70B4 4AED B4D2 DC421D261B7B
2EB6BD92 205A 4527 8CC5 D8969ACD9060
8EA61650 25E9 4B28 AD72 3180CE8CB06E

Latest posts

Top Bottom