Optimal Lumens? Varying Answers

• Thread starter Trentski420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Trentski420

Trentski420

Hi all now I know this seems like a question I should be able to just punch into Google... I've read maximum of 110k lumens I've read 50-65k is optimal from my understanding 70-80k is when light bleaching starts, I read somewhere else I think here on forums that optimal was 50k.. my personal opinion is that optimal is 60-65k but if my little girls are going to do better at approx 50k lumens I would like to know ... Thank you guys! Oh 1 more question my last (first) grow I did get some light bleaching as I was unable to get my light higher at the time ... ALL of my 8 plants (5 strains; I know not smart) came out slightly fox tailed I'm guessing this was why no?

rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
Hi all now I know this seems like a question I should be able to just punch into Google... I've read maximum of 110k lumens I've read 50-65k is optimal from my understanding 70-80k is when light bleaching starts, I read somewhere else I think here on forums that optimal was 50k.. my personal opinion is that optimal is 60-65k but if my little girls are going to do better at approx 50k lumens I would like to know ... Thank you guys! Oh 1 more question my last (first) grow I did get some light bleaching as I was unable to get my light higher at the time ... ALL of my 8 plants (5 strains; I know not smart) came out slightly fox tailed I'm guessing this was why no?

I aim for above 2k lumens per cubic foot minimum.

Goal is 3k lumens per cu ft average.

My highest has 6k lumens per cu ft.

MidwestToker

MidwestToker

If I remember at sea level the noon day sun is at 100,000 k. And yes fox-tailing is a result of high temps late in flower.

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

FYI can also be a genetic issue. See my.past 2 grows of Mob fuck. She's a FT bish, and now retired.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Fox tailing can also happen from too much nitrogen late in flower.

From too much heat you can get a long spindly foxtail. They look much more awkward than genetic foxtails.

I like to break them off the buds when fully dry and cured and drop them right in a bowl. The genetic ones.

As far as lumens go. With newer fuller spectrum lighting PAR is a much better way to determine coverage. But watts and lumens can work as a meter. I like 50w per square foot. Not sure about lumens.

Latest posts

Top Bottom