Optimal Temps?

• Thread starter CarsonKush
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

CarsonKush

I'm in flower right now and I'm running my lights from 9 pm to 9 am. My temp. in my 8x4 gets down to the low 60's. Is that too cool? I have a fan controller. Should i turn down the speed to warm it up a little?

C

CT Guy

I wouldn't be overly worried about it, but if you have the ability to adjust the temp, you could raise it up closer to 70. Make sure you watch your humidity as well as your temps, in regards to controlling disease outbreaks.

S

Shredder

I'm in flower right now and I'm running my lights from 9 pm to 9 am. My temp. in my 8x4 gets down to the low 60's. Is that too cool? I have a fan controller. Should i turn down the speed to warm it up a little?

Your saying those temps get that low when the light is off? You may want to put that (exhaust?) fan on a timer, and just run a small circulating fan when the lights are off.

I basically do that and have a small duct booster fan exhausting when the big fan and light are off. Then i have three options for intake air from various sources. That keeps a bit of negative pressure on the grow box at all times, for smell, and to get fresh air in general. For me it works......shredder

L

LUDACRIS.

74* daytime temps (lights on) and a drop of 10* to 64* at night (lights out) is your optimum growing temps.

:)

hashrip

hashrip

My buddy uses a bare bulb and keeps his temps at 80 and RH at 70. And he's got nice healthy plants, never complained of mold or any of that. He uses an air purifier to help prevent airborn disease and molds. He also uses a special compost tea as foliar spray to build a film on the leaves that also helps prevent disease. Of course Im sure he never uses it in flowering.

C

CarsonKush

Temps.

Thank you for all your input guys. Like I said, I run my lights at night. It's a little cool right now at night and it's only reaching the low sixty's with my light on. Thats with my 420 cfm turned up half way cooling my 600w. I run the lights at night because it's gonna get hot here pretty soon.

C

CT Guy

My buddy uses a bare bulb and keeps his temps at 80 and RH at 70. And he's got nice healthy plants, never complained of mold or any of that. He uses an air purifier to help prevent airborn disease and molds. He also uses a special compost tea as foliar spray to build a film on the leaves that also helps prevent disease. Of course Im sure he never uses it in flowering.

Just FYI, you can use a properly made aerated compost tea in flower as a foliar, I've done it. It's just beneficial biology...

Latest posts

Top Bottom