Optimising the last 4 weeks

• Thread starter curiousorange
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
curiousorange

curiousorange

New member of this brilliant community! Hi Friends!

I had to veg a Northern Lights and a Blueberry for 14 weeks, then I scrogged them just 6 inches from my Viparspectra P1000. They've been through a lot of crap. I've stripped them completely naked below the canopy and now they're thriving. 40+ bud sites in a 75 x 75 x 140 Bay6. Week 6 of flower. One AC infinity. One oscillating fan. One USB fan bringing air in from outside the tent. Grown in coco coir and fed with A+B, PK. Temp 22-26, humidity 58-68. So, questions:

How do I make fully sure they won't get mould? It's a dense canopy, even though the only leaves are either sugar leaves or covered in trichomes.
How do I encourage them to fatten up?
At that distance from the light, should I turn my P1000 down? I can't find the umol value for 6 inch but I'm guessing it's too much.
Should I upgrade my light?

This is my first grow and I dearly love these two plants. They spent a week in a dark room after they outgrew my last tent, went 100% yellow, but came back and now they're thriving. Total survivors. And if anyone wants a plant that smells like its name, the Blueberry is completely out of this world. It is unmistakable. Blueberry flavoured hard candy.

I don't have a smart phone but I'll dig out my old camera later and post some pictures. Although it's pure luck, so much has gone right with this grow and if I can keep the ship steady I know it's going to be a big harvest given the circumstances.

curiousorange

curiousorange

New member of this brilliant community! Hi Friends!

I had to veg a Northern Lights and a Blueberry for 14 weeks, then I scrogged them just 6 inches from my Viparspectra P1000. They've been through a lot of crap. I've stripped them completely naked below the canopy and now they're thriving. 40+ bud sites in a 75 x 75 x 140 Bay6. Week 6 of flower. One AC infinity. One oscillating fan. One USB fan bringing air in from outside the tent. Grown in coco coir and fed with A+B, PK. Temp 22-26, humidity 58-68. So, questions:

How do I make fully sure they won't get mould? It's a dense canopy, even though the only leaves are either sugar leaves or covered in trichomes.
How do I encourage them to fatten up?
At that distance from the light, should I turn my P1000 down? I can't find the umol value for 6 inch but I'm guessing it's too much.
Should I upgrade my light?

This is my first grow and I dearly love these two plants. They spent a week in a dark room after they outgrew my last tent, went 100% yellow, but came back and now they're thriving. Total survivors. And if anyone wants a plant that smells like its name, the Blueberry is completely out of this world. It is unmistakable. Blueberry flavoured hard candy.

I don't have a smart phone but I'll dig out my old camera later and post some pictures. Although it's pure luck, so much has gone right with this grow and if I can keep the ship steady I know it's going to be a big harvest given the circumstances.
Photo on 06 09 2021 at 1450
Photo on 06 09 2021 at 1450 2

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

You'll want to lower your humidity. There's no mention in your post about you using a dehumidifier, but there is something inside your tent in the back right corner that looks like it might be one. I'd also use the dehumidifier in the room you're drawing your air from and not inside the tent. More air flow under their skirts would also help. Your girls don't like hot humid sticky legs. Moving the air under your thick canopy is a must to keep your girls healthy.

curiousorange

curiousorange

You'll want to lower your humidity. There's no mention in your post about you using a dehumidifier, but there is something inside your tent in the back right corner that looks like it might be one. I'd also use the dehumidifier in the room you're drawing your air from and not inside the tent. More air flow under their skirts would also help. Your girls don't like hot humid sticky legs. Moving the air under your thick canopy is a must to keep your girls healthy.
Ah thanks dude!!! Yeah they do have long legs don't they. I'll follow your advice and star dehumidifying the room they're in. I'll also put my room fan blowing air in the flap at the bottom. Thanks again and I hope your own grow's going great!

curiousorange

curiousorange

Ah thanks dude!!! Yeah they do have long legs don't they. I'll follow your advice and star dehumidifying the room they're in. I'll also put my room fan blowing air in the flap at the bottom. Thanks again and I hope your own grow's going great!
Oh and one day I will have a set up like yours. It's beautiful and I dream about something similar most nights!

Latest posts

Top Bottom