Optimum Conditions, Drying Too Soon?

• Thread starter Maniac
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Maniac

Maniac

Just finished my Blue Dream harvest at F62. Pistils are 80% orange, 90%-95% trichomes milky 5%-10% amber. The drying room is 12'x12' with consistent RH of 55%-60% and Temps holding at 73F with one fan blowing indirectly in complete darkness. I trimmed off all the fan leaves and the stems range from 12" - 18" hanging on twine high in the room. The smaller buds were trimmed and held in a drying rack spread evenly. It has only been two and a half days and the outside of the buds feel dry, the larger stems bend and the smallest stems snap. Should i be manicuring and curing at this point or allow a few more days?

Last edited:
ChiefnJoeBlo

ChiefnJoeBlo

I'd start trimming now and just burp whatever your storing finished product in. You can definitely dry too much then you lose trichs and weight when you go to trim it.

Midwestjay

Midwestjay

Just finished my Blue Dream harvest at F62. Pistils are 80% orange, 90%-95% trichomes milky 5%-10% amber. The drying room is 12'x12' with consistent RH of 55%-60% and Temps holding at 73F with one fan blowing indirectly in complete darkness. I trimmed off all the fan leaves and the stems range from 12" - 18" hanging on twine high in the room. The smaller buds were trimmed and held in a drying rack spread evenly. It has only been two and a half days and the outside of the buds feel dry, the larger stems bend and the smallest stems snap. Should i be manicuring and curing at this point or allow a few more days?
One thing you can do is not trim the branches. Just hang and trim dry. Shows down the process and make it taste a lot better.

BudBogart

BudBogart

By your description large buds would be a week or more drying. Unless you have a lot of smaller bud drying I would have to think not ready.

Maniac

Maniac

Well I jumped the gun a little. I decided to manicure and jar up. RH is steady at about 75-77% even a while after burping. Gonna have to leave them out for a few hours. I have quite a bit to manicure on my own so getting started wasn't the worst idea. I'd rather have to burp more often on the first few batches than to overdry and lose out on decent quality flowers. Thanks for the suggestions guys.

Maniac

Maniac

By your description large buds would be a week or more drying. Unless you have a lot of smaller bud drying I would have to think not ready.
Yeah, there are a considerable amount of smaller buds with maybe 10% fatter colas.

Top Bottom