Optimum room width

• Thread starter RedStar
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
RedStar

RedStar

Building a new house and grow space. Have a ~500 sqft room in the basement for a grow room. What is the optimum room width for a UP Evolution XL13 and a Double barrel XL13?

treereek

treereek

Split the rm n half & run a flip/flop (12/12 alternating between ea rm). That way u get more bang per amp

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
how would you get more bang per amp when your using twice the amps?

RedStar

RedStar

Guess I should have been more coherent when typing... I'm thinking of either a double barrel system or evolution 13 system and I'm wondering how wide the room should be to comfortably be able to work in but also narrow enough to not be wasting space that can be better used in other ways.

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
if you go to cch2o.com they show the layouts and and the spacing

beachbum616

beachbum616

how would you get more bang per amp when your using twice the amps?

right its obviously not more bang per AMP used.. as it would take twice as many amps to run the ballast for twice as long.

but it is more efficient in terms of time in days as you can run 2 cycles per day instead of 1 which will yield twice as much.

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
right its obviously not more bang per AMP used.. as it would take twice as many amps to run the ballast for twice as long.

but it is more efficient in terms of time in days as you can run 2 cycles per day instead of 1 which will yield twice as much.

and has nothing to do with what the OP asked

H

Hythloth

When you are using a flip flop setup, you are not "using more amps". The amount of amps used at any time throughout the grow would be exactly the same. I think his point was that you can get double the plants in the same space if you have limited amperage available. For example if you only have 50 amps available, you could run two 50 amp grows and flip flop them, so you end up with a crop that would normally take 100 amps to grow if you grow the whole thing all at the same time.

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
your totally right - guilty of posting while high and tired

again amps had nothing to do with the OPs question

beachbum616

beachbum616

Building a new house and grow space. Have a ~500 sqft room in the basement for a grow room. What is the optimum room width for a UP Evolution XL13 and a Double barrel XL13?

according to cch2o site the evolution xl13 is 61" wide plus need some space on the sides for growth and access. 7-9 ft seems like an ideal room width, i am spec'ing my room for this system at 8' wide.

there are no specs for the double barrel system, but if its the same as two regular UC's next to each other. 10'-12' seems like a good width.

hiboy

hiboy

Im curious on the flip flop, having two rooms that are both in flower,
so you have lights obviously in both room, and electrically speaking of wiring ballasts, i guess ballasts in both rooms and have one turn off and the other on and switch every 12 hrs. is that right?
your not trying to use 1 set of ballasts for both rooms right
?
h

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom