Orange Sherbet Auto - New Grower

• Thread starter LetsGrowBud
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
LetsGrowBud

LetsGrowBud

Hello all, have done my fair share of research the last months and have gathered the equipments, a basic plan ;-), and some seeds.

So I figured I would post so those with vastly more knowledge can maybe point out some obvious mistakes I might be making.

Strain Specs:
  • Yield: 500-650g m2
  • THC: 24%
  • Mostly Sativa 70/30
  • Height: 110-150cm
  • Flowering: 9-10 weeks
  • A Sativa dominant citrus terpy beast that hash makers and extractors will fall in love with. A superb autoflowering hybrid that boasts an impressive 24% THC, to match her wonderful taste with potency. Well recommended for first-time growers looking for a low maintenance, yet extremely productive cultivar that will flower from seed to harvest in 9-10 weeks. This strain can grow tall making her one of the larger autoflowering hybrids, meaning she is a wise choice for commercial growers in search of something extra special.

LetsGrowBud

LetsGrowBud

It has been 1 week since dropping seeds into water.

After 36 hours set in plugs sprout down. Soil mix was not done yet so I went with cube versus direct in 11L fabric pots.

I am going with an Organic Soil grow. So I bought some good quality compost soil 40L from the garden center, mixed with 10L Perlite, 10L Worm Casting, and plan to add in some of the clay balls for the bacteria to colonize on (but will add those later when mixing in the pot). For now, the compost, worm castings, and perlite are mixed and sitting.

???Questions???
Does seem a bit stretchy, right? I moved the light to 80cm and adjusted LUX to ~4000 today. So I hope that helps. Otherwise, I might add a transplant pot between now and the 11L so I can bury the stem down in the soil and get two chances to add Mykos to the roots. Good idea or no?

I plan to add a half dose of Green House Feeding Bio Line (includes: BioEnhancer, BioGrow, BioBloom). It has a 8-week time-release system. I have read time released fertilizers are not great for Auto's since they grow so fast and it could interfere with flowering. True?

I would like to have the extra nuts and trace minerals plus the added benefit of the Mycelium. Some say that what the seed banks list for growing times is 1-2 weeks too short. So if that is the case then an 8-week time release would be ok then, right? Plus the grow list added a top dressing later in the flowering cycle.

A couple photo's

Day 1 out
PXL 20211221 190952663   Copy

Day 2 out
PXL 20211222 151248024   Copy

Day 3 out (today) - moved the light closer and adjusted LUX to 4000 (using Phone app).
PXL 20211223 060535352   Copy

PXL 20211223 060540548   Copy
LetsGrowBud

LetsGrowBud

Ok so went back to the manual and went with the manufacturer specs like most people recommended in the first place. Got caught up in my research and forgot this very good point. 60% on a Viparspectra xs2000 seemed a bit much for new seedlings even at 80cm (31") but they seem to have stopped stretching.

Another question?
If roots are coming out of the peat plugs but the seedlings are not even a week yet should I transplant them?

Top Bottom