Orange spots on leaf, help identify?

• Thread starter Happysmoke
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Happysmoke

Happysmoke

I have some girls in week 5 of flower. One grew some bananas because of a light leak that was unnoticed too long. Anyway, that plant has 2 orange spots on a leaf. The spots seem to have a bit of depth into the leaf surface. I cut the finger off that was affected. I did some research and found some pics of other species having "rust" but could not find any of cannabis with it. Not sure it can get that?Here is a pic. To help in identification. Thanks for reading and I appreciate any help.

Orange spots on leaf help identify

Kepp89

Kepp89

not sure what you read about rust but it's usually due to poor airflow/circulation/stale air. its possible for cannabis to have it too. but more likely a deficiency or lockout from ph being in a non ideal spot.

thats all i got for ya.

Happysmoke

Happysmoke

After reading about rust having spores I was hoping it was not that. I had not read about the stale air thing. That might be as we had a couple cold windy days so I closed the window in the room for the day. Also, maybe because I have no filter for my intake, maybe came from outside? I will watch for spreading and keep my eye out for more signs of deficiency just in case. I suppose I should figure out a filter for the intake as well now that I think of it. Thanks for the reply.

Homesteader

Homesteader

I think it is probably your plant drawing calcium as well as other mobile nutrients from your older leaves. I wouldn't worry about it too much but keep an eye on your older leaves to see what the plant is telling you.

Happysmoke

Happysmoke

I think it is probably your plant drawing calcium as well as other mobile nutrients from your older leaves. I wouldn't worry about it too much but keep an eye on your older leaves to see what the plant is telling you.

Sounds good, I'll keep an eye on them. Thanks.

Kepp89

Kepp89

I suppose I should figure out a filter for the intake as well now that I think of it. Thanks for the reply.
look into a hepa filter. growbright makes a 4" one, its what i use if temp gets too high. they cost a decent amount but imo its worth it to keep the air as fresh as you can. maybe put it after a prefilter before it to keep it lasting longer.

cheapest but idk about shipping added or not.. https://www.htgsupply.com/products/growbright-4-inch-hepa-filter/

Happysmoke

Happysmoke

look into a hepa filter. growbright makes a 4" one, its what i use if temp gets too high. they cost a decent amount but imo its worth it to keep the air as fresh as you can. maybe put it after a prefilter before it to keep it lasting longer.

cheapest but idk about shipping added or not.. https://www.htgsupply.com/products/growbright-4-inch-hepa-filter/

Cool, thanks, that might work better. I was thinking of grabbing a 4" K&N cone filter for a car and not oil it so I can filter air before it goes into the fan but seems like a pain.

Latest posts

Top Bottom