Ordered a Black Dog Led phytoMax2

• Thread starter bareftfarmr
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
bareftfarmr

bareftfarmr

Hello all, it's been a while since I've been to the community here, I'm jumping back into the forums in a new budbox 4x4x7(with all white interior). I've got that on the way as well as the phytomax 2 1000 watt. I watched most of the videos and testimonials online and have seen a wealth of positive feedback towards their lighting claims and objective goals of gaining more weight through light penetration, claiming at least a gram per watt. With a library of videos on YouTube, and some showing where they yield a gram and a half sometimes more per watt, these lights leave a lot to be discovered for me . In the videos I have watched they typically use a nutrient line named success nutrients and also some videos running advanced, so I do know the plants they push, they push hard. I plan on growing in an organic living soil in the tent. I don't think I'll pull 3 and 1/2 lb as they've done in some of their largest runs, however I don't think two and a half is out of the realm of possibilities without pumping hard nutes. Anybody have any experience with these Mega lights? I'll be running the tent over the winter into spring, winter time should have an ambient temperature of 40 to 60 degrees depending on the day. And spring into the high 70s and 80s. Black dogs you tend to want to aim in the in the 85 degree range for veg and flower while dropping temperatures towards the end as usual. I'll be running the tent with an ipower 4-inch exhaust fan/carbon filter with a passive 6in intake, and I bought a "dustshroom" to keep any big particulates, mold, and bugs out. I plan on trying out tnb Naturals CO2 boosters perhaps 2 to 3 at a time in Peak flowering (depending on average daily levels)I'm doing this because I also plan on using the ht2 environment controller which controls the temperature and humidity via the exhaust fan. With this style of cooling I think the CO2 will have a chance to build up in the times of the fan turning off. With the cooler temps I don't anticipate the fan running constantly even with the thousand watt. This brings up the cooling bars that the blackdog has built on top of it this led is 7 in thick, a good amount of which are metal beams running across the length of it with fans blowing through to constantly cool the light. Blackdog offers a decent warranty and what seems to be an overall high quality LED light. At the price tag of around $2,300 I hope it lives up to its claims. I've been in the planning stages of this grow for several weeks and I'm currently awaiting the arrival of tent and light, most of my other devices, fans, Etc have arrived. Once setup I will post some pictures. Any advice thoughts comments on environment lighting watering anything at all I'm open. I do plan on using Ro for these runs. Thanks for tagging along and happy Daze

Last edited:
420baby

420baby

Well, i will not spend hundreds of money on a purple LED grow light now. I would like to go with fluence spyder or HLG quantum board LED.
MarsHydro quantum board designs are also a good choice for budget growers. These lights are the new trend. I think.

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

"winter time should have an ambient temperature of 40 to 60 degrees depending on the day"

..too cold

bareftfarmr

bareftfarmr

Quick update, seeds ordered and everything is together, with the exception of hydrologics micro r/o system en route. New tent with light, fans, filters etc. 3-4 weeks before the last outdoor plant is done and the tent I use for drying will be wrapped up. This is where the new tent will sit. Contemplating drying in the open to get the BudBox set up sooner. I anticipate seeds will be here in a week, that will be hard to resist. For seeds I selected a new "HighYielding" strain from Barneys Farm :
Strawberry Lemonade
Strawberry(cough?) X Lemon Og

Included a photo of Strawberry CheeseCake about ready for the chop!
Also a photo of the strawberry lemonade

20191020 091947
20191020 115415
IMG 20191016 151619 269
Top Bottom