Oregon Purple Thai (OPT)

• Thread starter Ulysses
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
R

Reeferman

Listen man I found the OT moonshine to have the exact same high as flow and BB .
No different just tastier .
RM

N

Nirrity

Thanks RM! I always feel confused about DJ stuff and what are _real_ differencies between them... Better go smoke my fav Accidental Haze

Accidental Haze Punta Roja pheno
Accidental Haze Punta Roja close
bigherb

bigherb

Farmer
Rm
thats interesting i always wanted otm also considering i lov hp n its supposedy a hp wit a sic twist of aroma

beauty is in the eye of the beholder ,u said it was the best of jk selection im curious wat else was he holdin if you recall
his other top 10 strains he cant leave home without

Nirrity

thats bad bitch looka like som nyc haze
ur fav id lov to hear a smoke report on this strain

R

Reeferman

Those are my pics you found em nice job EH ! lol .

Nirity I am confused by dj sometimes also I don't find any of his products smoke like indica's in any way .

Reef

bigherb

bigherb

Farmer
im confused by som of jason kings description or opinions

U

Ulysses

Nice find on the pics! I missed those initially! I had those pics when I was on the Reeferman Forum and 'reefered' to them frequently while picking my Flo selections...

All of DJ's gear is based off 'the Cross' which is (Highland Oaxacan Gold x Chocolate Thai). The ChocThai male being a mutant.

Somewhere in the line Highland Thai or Juicy Fruit Thai was introduced...

You'll notice DJ bashed indicas in his writings- he only crossed with indica to bring down the flowering time and up the yeild... Some of the best selections of DJ's gear leans heavy sativa...

In fact, BB hasn't been 80% indica since pre98...

Can't argue with the 'high' though...

215 User

215 User

:afroweed:

Still got a pack of ;

Cherry Thai
Potent Purple
Oregon Purple Thai

Would like to give a shot in the near future.

Jack_Baybeh

Jack_Baybeh

I grew PotentPurple and CherryThai outdoor 3 or 4 summers back. I prefered CT hands down. Both had the mutant traits. CT took longer to come out of it than the PP. Both were good smoke but the CT had a more appealing smell and taste with a zippier up to the high. PP seemed to need a much longer cure to really show her stuff. I would take either one outdoor again though no question.:rauch08:

S

slmndl

Authentic original parent lines

Is it possible to obtain authentic old school lines such as Panama Red, Oregon Purple Thai (OPT), since breeders of these lines, and hybrids do not seem to retain the pure parent lines? For example, DJ short's Blue Velvet may be closest to OPT, but can't find BLue Velvet. Yes, I've checked the usual suspects. How does one get introduced to old school strains through breeders?

K

KillBillBuds

I prefered CT hands down. Both had the mutant traits. CT took longer to come out of it than the PP. Both were good smoke but the CT had a more appealing smell and taste with a zippier up to the high.

Man I wish I still had some Cherry Thai beans...popped em all in my newbie days when I didn't keep MOMs.:(

fractal

fractal

I have two packs of cherry thai in the original container, probably won't get to them any time soon.

Jack_Baybeh

Jack_Baybeh

Hang on to those Fractal. You'll find something extremely nice outta 2 packs. If you ever wanna part with a pack though, let me be the first to know. LOL. Think I still have a half pack each of CT and PP.

G

Gobshite

Hmm.. confusing... OTM officially described as "a true Hashplant, mostly indica hybrid" ...
Thanks for sharing, RM!

The Dad used in the OTM release was a Sat leaning Blueberry.... Sat in the high and not flowering times

Top Bottom