Oregon

• Thread starter Randog3
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
R

Randog3

i am looking to move to Oregon and apply for my rec license tier 2. Does anybody have suggestions as to which county or city would be best as far as climate both political and natural for a large outdoor grow? Also what should I be looking for the property to include? I am very excited about this move and want to get as many ducks in a row before I pull the trigger. Any and all advice would be appreciated.

Oregon Grown

Oregon Grown

You will want to make sure and get property zoned agricultural. Now that it is listed as an agricultural product some counties have begun issuing daily fines for growing outdoors in rural areas zoned residential.

R

Randog3

You will want to make sure and get property zoned agricultural. Now that it is listed as an agricultural product some counties have begun issuing daily fines for growing outdoors in rural areas zoned residential.
Thank you. Any other pointers?

grayarea

grayarea

Eugene seems friendly, but what do others think?

i don't like Eugene it flips from country to city to fast. i liked portland/bend/medford/klamath falls/lincoln city/astoria/salem/roseberg/seaside better.

since its cannabis you can pay for whatever sized indoor you want if you setup right and get better quality and equal sized paycheck. if you only choose outdoor then oregon is probably not the best place to relocate to. i looked by climate zone for an outdoor location and couldn't really find much space available in orygun ended up moving to central cali which is pretty awesome cause i don't have to drive in the snow which was the main part of Oregon that i don't like. you're survival rate goes up when you don't have to drive in the snow. its just nicer driving when the breaks the work. Arizona looks better then oregon for setting up around outdoor imo.

it messes with you're head to drive from the city shopping stuff in Eugene to the Forrest part which is an effect that i don't like.

BinkyPiler

BinkyPiler

You'll want to avoid Douglas county for the time being. It'll be on the November ballot for folks to vote on whether or not the county will allow large rec. grows.

R

robz

We got little grief from Columbia Co. When we applied for our conditional use permit on our 5 acre plot. We are currently OMMP but in the application process for recreational. Also water rights on said property is a must. I agree with above comment regarding indoor focus as opposed to outdoor. Year round in northern Or. Is a virtual impossibility without all the bells & whistles in a top of the line light dep greenhouse. What we do is 2-3 cycles March-November in greenhouses & year round indoor. Put most of your focus looking for property with a existing pole building with sufficient power to sustain a sizable indoor facility. And enough property to erect a outdoor greenhouse. Best of luck they're few and far between. Lots of future farms swooping up potential property.

Smokey503ski

Smokey503ski

HB4014 has reversed that rule it no longer applies. It was passed on March 3.
@1diesel1 No shit? I thought it was for out of state investors?
All my investors and myself are from Washington.
Thank you for the HB4014 notice.

Herb Forester

Herb Forester

Anyone ask an attorney about this yet? Two more entries further down in the same FAQ make it all somewhat confusing? Or am I being dense? I need read though the 'final' enrolled version (for the umpteenth time) and once again try to wade through their perpetual edits and crossthroughs.

Q: Does my on-site facility manager have to be a two year resident?
A:
No, not unless they meet the qualifications of an applicant.

Q: I have an outside investor.Will I be denied a license because they don’t meet the residency requirements?
A:
This depends on their specific involvement and structure. If an investor meets the definition of an applicant, they will need to meet the residency requirements.

Smokey503ski

Smokey503ski

Anyone ask an attorney about this yet? Two more entries further down in the same FAQ make it all somewhat confusing? Or am I being dense? I need read though the 'final' enrolled version (for the umpteenth time) and once again try to wade through their perpetual edits and crossthroughs.

Q: Does my on-site facility manager have to be a two year resident?
A:
No, not unless they meet the qualifications of an applicant.

Q: I have an outside investor.Will I be denied a license because they don’t meet the residency requirements?
A:
This depends on their specific involvement and structure. If an investor meets the definition of an applicant, they will need to meet the residency requirements.
My understand is they do not have to be a resident due to HB4014 being implemented.
My application is almost finished. We shall see if we made any mistakes.

frebo

frebo

I have property within 40 miles of California in Oregon. My health is failing and continuing to Pharm is an issue. I am an OMMP grower with two other patients. I grew 22 plants outdoors and after harvest got approximately 50 lbs. The property is 40+ acres 1/2 mile from a county road at the end of a shared(3 other homes) graveled driveway. The growsite is 150 yards from the clossesed neighbor behind a thick perimeter of oak, madrone, manzanita, poison oak and buck brush.
Please PM me you cell number for photos and more info.

frebo

frebo

I have property within 40 miles of California in Oregon. My health is failing and continuing to Pharm is an issue. I am an OMMP grower with two other patients. I grew 22 plants outdoors and after harvest got approximately 50 lbs. The property is 40+ acres 1/2 mile from a county road at the end of a shared(3 other homes) graveled driveway. The growsite is 150 yards from the clossesed neighbor behind a thick perimeter of oak, madrone, manzanita, poison oak and buck brush.
Please PM me you cell number for photos and more info.
Also 6.8 gpm well(rested during a drought year in the 1999's) and zoned "forest reserve".

Latest posts

Top Bottom