Organic Dry Nutrients for Outdoor Growing

• Thread starter Trae1170
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

Trae1170

Hello everyone,
I am trying my hand at outdoor growing and I am looking at using organic soil amendment and organic nutrients. My base is Aged horse and cow manure (2-3 yrs aged) mixed with my native soil (red Clay in the South East). I will also be adding other amendments (Pearlite, Feather Meal, Gypsum, Kelp Meal, Humic Acid ). I will also feed with worm casting tea off and on. For a top soil fertilizer has anyone used the " GreenGro" line of products? Anything good or bad from anyone who has tried them?

Organic dry nutrients for outdoor growing
Organic dry nutrients for outdoor growing 2
2Bad

2Bad

Hello everyone,
I am trying my hand at outdoor growing and I am looking at using organic soil amendment and organic nutrients. My base is Aged horse and cow manure (2-3 yrs aged) mixed with my native soil (red Clay in the South East). I will also be adding other amendments (Pearlite, Feather Meal, Gypsum, Kelp Meal, Humic Acid ). I will also feed with worm casting tea off and on. For a top soil fertilizer has anyone used the " GreenGro" line of products? Anything good or bad from anyone who has tried them?
How come you don't just use gaia green? much more affordable and it's great stuff! alot of people on here use it.

T

Trae1170

Just posting a reply, after looking at Gaia Green I also looked at Jack's and Dr. Earth. From what I could find on Gai Green, they were a little more expensive than I hoped for the qty of plant we will have. Right now Walmart online actually has discounted prices on Dr. Earth so they are the winner!

12lb. bags for under $25 each !!

Dr. Earth Home Grown - Veg
Dr. Earth Premium Gold - Late Veg/Early Flower
Dr Earth Flower Girl - Flower
**Jacks Bloom Booster - Late Flower
**Dr Earth Kelp Meal ....just because it is a good price

Dr Earth Veg
Dr Earth Pre Flower
Dr Earth Flower
Dr Earth

GreenGalaxyFarm

GreenGalaxyFarm

Just posting a reply, after looking at Gaia Green I also looked at Jack's and Dr. Earth. From what I could find on Gai Green, they were a little more expensive than I hoped for the qty of plant we will have. Right now Walmart online actually has discounted prices on Dr. Earth so they are the winner!

View attachment 1334002View attachment 1334003View attachment 1334004View attachment 1334005
Would skip the tomato food as the all purpose is similar but better npk ratio for grow stage. Cant you find something a little higher in nitrogen though like a 6-4-4 or similar. Other than that the combo looks good just make sure you get something to cover the micronutrients throughout the grow and calcium magnesium as well.

T

Trae1170

Would skip the tomato food as the all purpose is similar but better npk ratio for grow stage. Cant you find something a little higher in nitrogen though like a 6-4-4 or similar. Other than that the combo looks good just make sure you get something to cover the micronutrients throughout the grow and calcium magnesium as well.
Thanks for the feedback.. I will look at some different Dr Earth Veg with higher nitrogen to see what they have. My soil mixture should have extra Nitrogen in it also.
My base soil recipe is:
3 yr. aged cow Manure compost (base soil) , Worm Castings, Fish Meal, Bat Guano, Oyster shell flour, Kelp meal, alfalfa Meal Epsom Salt, Dolomite Lime, Powdered Granite Dust, Humic Acid, insect frass, green aminos. I will foliar feed with worm castings and a aloe vera mix.

GreenGalaxyFarm

GreenGalaxyFarm

Im impressed mostly with the recipe you are following and would go with that 4-4-4 option then. My only concern would be that you havnt got proper drainage in your soil. Wouldnt it be better to add hydroton or at the least perlite in there. The hydroton simultanuously increases drainage and provides for the microbial life a nice place to establish colonies

CannaGranny

CannaGranny

View attachment 1334002View attachment 1334003View attachment 1334004View attachment 1334005
Just a heads up for you, the cost of what you have listed is about half of Walmarts price on Amazon. I just replaced my Flower Girl @10.00 a bag.

P

PahPahCee

You probably won’t need anything besides the flower girl since your soil is loaded up with lots of nutrients.

Side note: Gaia is usually more expensive state side. Dr earth and Down to earth are usually cheaper and similar quality.

Novaracer69

Novaracer69

The tomato is what I use for everything outside and the bloom for flowering. In combination with knf inputs last year was my best year as a gardener.
I will say for my indoor topdress I do put in a coffee bean grinder so it breaks down faster 🙃

P

PahPahCee

The tomato is what I use for everything outside and the bloom for flowering. In combination with knf inputs last year was my best year as a gardener.
I will say for my indoor topdress I do put in a coffee bean grinder so it breaks down faster 🙃
Tell me more about your KnF inputs. Im trying to run my gardens in a similar fashion. Trying to be as cheap as possible while maintaining quality.

I’ve been making LABs and I’ve been fermenting my cannabis scraps. That’s about as deep into the KnF I’ve gotten so far.

T

Trae1170

Im impressed mostly with the recipe you are following and would go with that 4-4-4 option then. My only concern would be that you havnt got proper drainage in your soil. Wouldnt it be better to add hydroton or at the least perlite in there. The hydroton simultanuously increases drainage and provides for the microbial life a nice place to establish colonies
Good call, I have Pearlite so I will probably add about 10% and I will look at hydroton or maybe even cheap lava rock from Lowes.

Novaracer69

Novaracer69

Well I have been making labs of all sorts I have some fermented plant juice(milk weed aloe marijuana leaf) I also have another fpj (peppermint lemon grass thyme parsley aloe)
My fermented fruit juice ffj I have a sweet (pumpkin and zucchini )
My fermented plant extract my Veg formula lol it's what I had is ( aloe and succulents from the deck) and I made a bloom from part of a giant pumpkin I grew.
I do have a couple of IMO collections also so far that's about it I buy the jadam wetting agent from build a soil.

P

PahPahCee

Well I have been making labs of all sorts I have some fermented plant juice(milk weed aloe marijuana leaf) I also have another fpj (peppermint lemon grass thyme parsley aloe)
My fermented fruit juice ffj I have a sweet (pumpkin and zucchini )
My fermented plant extract my Veg formula lol it's what I had is ( aloe and succulents from the deck) and I made a bloom from part of a giant pumpkin I grew.
I do have a couple of IMO collections also so far that's about it I buy the jadam wetting agent from build a soil.
Awesome! I’m trying to start some IMO collections but I’m in Los Angeles so there isn’t much to collect. I plan on taking the family camping so I can low key collect some good IMO.

I just checked out that wetting agent and it’s neat they tell you how to make it. Super simple, a little canola oil and some potassium hydroxide which is just lye or drain opener. I believe you can just use your Aloe pulp as a wetting agent as well.

Top Bottom