Organic Grow And Caps

• Thread starter jonnyonthespotaz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
jonnyonthespotaz

jonnyonthespotaz

so I'm starting an outdoor organic grow for the first time this year..I'm sick and tired of bottled shit..I've strted a thread in the organic section and got a lot of good advice from seamaiden there..

https://www.thcfarmer.com/community/threads/base-soil-and-amendments-noob.71962/

This will b outdoors in the ground no pots..I want to add caps to my soil but am having a hard time figuring out how..should I add caps to my soil before or after I cook it?if after I cook it should I mix it in or top dress with it?or should I just make teas with it?if so how often should I give the teas?im trying to make this as simple and easy to do as possible..I would really love to just make up my soil maybe top dress with a few things mulch and then water from there on out..any thoughts advice or suggestions would b greatly appreciated..thanks..peace

straincreation

straincreation

I cook with caps, i actually just setup up a cook with soil from my last harvest today, added some caps along with ewc, mico, and bio char, i actually ran out of rock dust so it will have to wait, then in a spray bottle added a bit of zyme (sensi) was my choice, but many are on the market Then sprayed about a half agallon of that solution in with it.

Basically i mix my myco and caps in a shaker. Sprikle generously,spray, mix, repeat. Then it will cook till nest harvest. I avoid tilling during the cook some people like to. I prefer not to.

BOL! Happy farmin;)

straincreation

straincreation

Oh then i feel that feeding with a tea every week once a week, with caps in it. Does very nice, and IMO is a game changer organics or not. This also includes foliar till week 3to 5 of flower which ever your comfy with. Keeps pathogens at bay, and your plants will love you for it.
Happy farmin;)

jonnyonthespotaz

jonnyonthespotaz

I cook with caps, i actually just setup up a cook with soil from my last harvest today, added some caps along with ewc, mico, and bio char, i actually ran out of rock dust so it will have to wait, then in a spray bottle added a bit of zyme (sensi) was my choice, but many are on the market Then sprayed about a half agallon of that solution in with it.

Basically i mix my myco and caps in a shaker. Sprikle generously,spray, mix, repeat. Then it will cook till nest harvest. I avoid tilling during the cook some people like to. I prefer not to.

BOL! Happy farmin;)

Do u use all 3 of caps packs in ur shaker at the rec. dose?do u activate ur biochar before adding and cooking?could I use hygrozyme in place of the sensizyme?how long do u cook for and what's ur method?

Oh then i feel that feeding with a tea every week once a week, with caps in it. Does very nice, and IMO is a game changer organics or not. This also includes foliar till week 3to 5 of flower which ever your comfy with. Keeps pathogens at bay, and your plants will love you for it.
Happy farmin;)

What do u put in ur teas besides caps if u don't mind me asking?ive been seeing a lot about this sea90 stuff..do u or have u used and what's ur thoughts on it?

I was thinking of top dressing with EWC and straw..what r ur thoughts on also top dressing with guanos?thanks for all ur input much appreciated..peace

Ned Kelly

Ned Kelly

guano is okay to top dress with . id use sugar cane mulch or lucerne (alfala hay) for top as both are more beneficial for the soil . IMO i would cook first then add caps. cant see the heat doing the microbes any good . Sort of like sterilization

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I also bury alfalfa so it's there, it's one of the things I add back annually.
so I'm starting an outdoor organic grow for the first time this year..I'm sick and tired of bottled shit..I've strted a thread in the organic section and got a lot of good advice from seamaiden there..

https://www.thcfarmer.com/community/threads/base-soil-and-amendments-noob.71962/

This will b outdoors in the ground no pots..I want to add caps to my soil but am having a hard time figuring out how..should I add caps to my soil before or after I cook it?if after I cook it should I mix it in or top dress with it?or should I just make teas with it?if so how often should I give the teas?im trying to make this as simple and easy to do as possible..I would really love to just make up my soil maybe top dress with a few things mulch and then water from there on out..any thoughts advice or suggestions would b greatly appreciated..thanks..peace
I like to water it in as a tea.

BOL! Happy farmin;)
Been reading some amazing stuff in Acres, USA about biochar, for POULTRY. Cat in Kenfucky is making biochar from his poultry litter, too.
ive been seeing a lot about this sea90 stuff..do u or have u used and what's ur thoughts on it?
I love it. Stopped BER in my Solaneceous veg (tomatoes & peppers mostly, don't usually have problems with BER in my eggplant and I don't grow potatoes) DEAD IN ITS TRACKS. Previous to that I'd been messing around with watering til my eyes bled, Ca applications, all kinds of crap trying to stop it. Two applications of Sea-90 @reco'd rates and it was G-O-N-E gone.

"Pre-charge" the biochar. a worm casting tea with some added nutrients would be excellent.

straincreation

straincreation

Do u use all 3 of caps packs in ur shaker at the rec. dose?do u activate ur biochar before adding and cooking?could I use hygrozyme in place of the sensizyme?how long do u cook for and what's ur method?

What do u put in ur teas besides caps if u don't mind me asking?ive been seeing a lot about this sea90 stuff..do u or have u used and what's ur thoughts on it?

I was thinking of top dressing with EWC and straw..what r ur thoughts on also top dressing with guanos?thanks for all ur input much appreciated..peace
yes i use all three packs and i dont know what the dosage is for a spinkle, so no not really. I add about 1/3 myco 1/4 trantula powder form,10% of each of the packs.

I like to mix a little EWC,molasses,benniez, and ill occasionally add some compost in. Not with my foliars though.
I here sea 90 is the shit and a littke goes a long way.
Any zyme product IMO will work, some more then others but to each hia own. You should be golden.
I explained my method above. I choose to only cook the soil i reuse. When i have the space i will begin to once again make my own soil. Until then i just ammend my 50/50 mix 24hrs prior to use.
I do wind up cooking what i dont use, but unintentially. i have about to or 3 15 gal toats max that are cooking at once. With my reused soil i like to keep it cooking till my last plant of the perpetual finishes from one and the first one begins Give or take a week. Theres really just alot of shit behind how long i prefer to cook but im only one person you know.
I know what my soil should and is suppost to be like when im going to use it.
I also like to add a little surfacant to the mix ìf i notice that my soil is lacking water retention toward end of harvest.

Lastly is your top dress. I do top dress with ewc always and its magic I cant get enough of it. Ive only top dressed with guanos. I feel that its a bit wasteful if your inside with it being such a short cycle and all. Jus my opinion though Some people do. Id rather stay greener if you feel me. Feel free to experiment it shoukd hurt.

Thats about it.
happy farmin;)

jonnyonthespotaz

jonnyonthespotaz

I also bury alfalfa so it's there, it's one of the things I add back annually.

I like to water it in as a tea.

Been reading some amazing stuff in Acres, USA about biochar, for POULTRY. Cat in Kenfucky is making biochar from his poultry litter, too.

I love it. Stopped BER in my Solaneceous veg (tomatoes & peppers mostly, don't usually have problems with BER in my eggplant and I don't grow potatoes) DEAD IN ITS TRACKS. Previous to that I'd been messing around with watering til my eyes bled, Ca applications, all kinds of crap trying to stop it. Two applications of Sea-90 @reco'd rates and it was G-O-N-E gone.

"Pre-charge" the biochar. a worm casting tea with some added nutrients would be excellent.

I've heard that charging the biochar makes a huge difference in its use...def gonna look more into e sea90 sounds like some good stuff..thanks again for all the help and input..

yes i use all three packs and i dont know what the dosage is for a spinkle, so no not really. I add about 1/3 myco 1/4 trantula powder form,10% of each of the packs.

I like to mix a little EWC,molasses,benniez, and ill occasionally add some compost in. Not with my foliars though.
I here sea 90 is the shit and a littke goes a long way.
Any zyme product IMO will work, some more then others but to each hia own. You should be golden.
I explained my method above. I choose to only cook the soil i reuse. When i have the space i will begin to once again make my own soil. Until then i just ammend my 50/50 mix 24hrs prior to use.
I do wind up cooking what i dont use, but unintentially. i have about to or 3 15 gal toats max that are cooking at once. With my reused soil i like to keep it cooking till my last plant of the perpetual finishes from one and the first one begins Give or take a week. Theres really just alot of shit behind how long i prefer to cook but im only one person you know.
I know what my soil should and is suppost to be like when im going to use it.
I also like to add a little surfacant to the mix ìf i notice that my soil is lacking water retention toward end of harvest.

Lastly is your top dress. I do top dress with ewc always and its magic I cant get enough of it. Ive only top dressed with guanos. I feel that its a bit wasteful if your inside with it being such a short cycle and all. Jus my opinion though Some people do. Id rather stay greener if you feel me. Feel free to experiment it shoukd hurt.

Thats about it.
happy farmin;)

Sounds like u got ur system down pretty good..I think I'm going to forego the guanos..appreciate ur input and advice..

guano is okay to top dress with . id use sugar cane mulch or lucerne (alfala hay) for top as both are more beneficial for the soil . IMO i would cook first then add caps. cant see the heat doing the microbes any good . Sort of like sterilization

Good point..didn't think about it like that..

Thank u too everyone who has replied..u have all made this much easier for me to get started in his new venture and am very much looking forward to it!!peace

Top Bottom