Organic Grow, Could this be Potassium Deficiency

• Thread starter Mozzarilla_grows
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

Mozzarilla_grows

This is end of week 1 Flower, 5 weeks since transplant into 7 gallon pot with 50/50 444&284. Light is at 60% at 2ft distance. Water 6.5-6.7. Could this be a potassium deficiency it’s started about a week nd a half ago ? Could any one help diagnose?

Organic grow could this be potassium deficiency
Organic grow could this be potassium deficiency 2
Fromunda506

Fromunda506

Leaf signs sure look like it. Doesn’t necessarily mean it needs k though. Is it worse on the lower canopy or the upper? Pic of the whole plant would be helpful. Also, a bit more info would help. The look overwatered to my eye. Which can def cause potassium and phos leaf symptoms. Also some info on lights…wattage, dimmed?, qb or bar lights. Several things that can cause your girl to look like that.

M

Mozzarilla_grows

Leaf signs sure look like it. Doesn’t necessarily mean it needs k though. Is it worse on the lower canopy or the upper? Pic of the whole plant would be helpful. Also, a bit more info would help. The look overwatered to my eye. Which can def cause potassium and phos leaf symptoms. Also some info on lights…wattage, dimmed?, qb or bar lights. Several things that can cause your girl to look like that.
Mars Hydro FCE3000-300watt its is at 60% reading 193watts right now. Bar light style

M

Mozzarilla_grows

It’s only the upper to middle canopy that looks this way bottom not affected.

M

monkey47

I would think its a nitrogen deficiency my plants show the same signs when they are ready to get the full dose of grow feed. (i put my clones in half a dose to pregrow them untill they show those kind of edges)

Your PH is on the high side even for soil. Are you doing mineral or organic nutrients cause if you are using mineral its probably nutrient lockout. and you should flush you soil.

What are you feeding it and what is the NPK value ?
I myself give grow nutrients the first week of flower and then I start topfeeding with bloom nutrients (dwc)
so buy the end of week 2 when I topfeed again its basicly 100% grow feed and then later i start ading PK
I dont buy the idea that at the moment your plant grows the fastest you start reducing its nitrogen source.
Thats like going to the Gym everyday and not eating any protein.

M

Mozzarilla_grows

I would think its a nitrogen deficiency my plants show the same signs when they are ready to get the full dose of grow feed. (i put my clones in half a dose to pregrow them untill they show those kind of edges)

Your PH is on the high side even for soil. Are you doing mineral or organic nutrients cause if you are using mineral its probably nutrient lockout. and you should flush you soil.

What are you feeding it and what is the NPK value ?
Organic nutrients. 50/50 ratio of 2-8-4&4-4-4 at 3tbs per gallon, also 4 tbs of mineralized phosphate 0-9-0. 7 gallon pot

M

monkey47

Organic nutrients. 50/50 ratio of 2-8-4&4-4-4 at 3tbs per gallon, also 4 tbs of mineralized phosphate 0-9-0. 7 gallon pot

Why are you giving that much phosphate ? plants really dont need that much even regular PK 13/14 is to high in phosphate. its terrible for the enviroment and it stays in the plant which makes it a bit more unhealthy when you smoke it.

In my opinion you are way to low on nitrogen , to high on phosphate.
you could use a bit more potasium but that is not what is causing the problem.

I never use ph up and down on my organic grows i dont even know the ph value its not really that important for organic grows in my opinion,

M

Mozzarilla_grows

Why are you giving that much phosphate ? plants really dont need that much even regular PK 13/14 is to high in phosphate. its terrible for the enviroment and it stays in the plant which makes it a bit more unhealthy when you smoke it.

In my opinion you are way to low on nitrogen , to high on phosphate.
you could use a bit more potasium but that is not what is causing the problem.

I never use ph up and down on my organic grows i dont even know the ph value its not really that important for organic grows in my opinion.
Bat guano for a boost?

Fromunda506

Fromunda506

I water half a gallon every 2-3 days
What size container? Judging by the size of the plant and the pot from the picture, I might suggest giving it a larger, saturating watering, but giving it another day or two to dry down pretty thoroughly before the next watering. It looks like an overwatered plant. My experience with soil plants of that size at that stage of life is that I need a fair amount more water than .5 gal to get them thoroughly soaked and more like 4–5 days for them to dry cycle so the roots get some O2. It can definitely cause a plant to look like that, and become very sensitive to the light.

M

monkey47

Bat guano for a boost?
Yeah or fish oil but turn down on the phosphor man. Your plants really don't need that much. Most of the time organic fertilizer is absurdly high in phosphor because the base ingredient is so low in nitrogen they have to concentrate it allot to get a decent nitrogen level but doing so causing way to high phosphor levels.

M

monkey47

What size container? Judging by the size of the plant and the pot from the picture, I might suggest giving it a larger, saturating watering, but giving it another day or two to dry down pretty thoroughly before the next watering. It looks like an overwatered plant. My experience with soil plants of that size at that stage of life is that I need a fair amount more water than .5 gal to get them thoroughly soaked and more like 4–5 days for them to dry cycle so the roots get some O2. It can definitely cause a plant to look like that, and become very sensitive to the light.
When I grew in soil I would water them until overflow and then wait untill the leaves started to look sad and the soild was dessert dry.

This way there is les changes of rot, you stimulate the roots to grow bigger to find more water and the extra stress causes inhaled production of cannaboids.

M

Mozzarilla_grows

I was watering as i made this post.

Week4Bytch

Week4Bytch

The Cannabis Karen (I'm a Bytch)
Supporter
I was watering as i made this post.
Too much of something. If your growing organically in soil the pH should be near 6.5, the safe range is between 6-7ph for organic soil. If your growing in soilless median like 100% Coco then your pH should be a little lower, but not 4.5. you might have to flush your pots (three times their volume) to save them.

M

Mozzarilla_grows

Too much of something. If you’re growing organically in soil the pH should be near 6.5, the safe range is between 6-7ph for organic soil. If your growing in soilless median like 100% Coco then your pH should be a little lower, but not 4.5. you might have to flush your pots (three times their volume) to save them.
Would dolomite lime be a good go to for this also ?

Top Bottom