Organic grow - yellow leaves - in flower - help!

• Thread starter Bigeddy15
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Bigeddy15

Bigeddy15

Hi all,

I have an organic soil grow in week 4 of flower. I have developed a problem and was hoping to receive some guidance on what to do next.

SF4000 LED light (quantum board)
5gal fabric pots
Super soil - Happy frog (contains: gaia green all purpose 4-4-4, dolimitic lime)
Mycorrhizae following every transplant (solo cup -->1gal-->3gal-->5gal)
Water not being pH'd d/t dolomitic lime use
Tap water for watering (pH usually slightly alkaline) with PPM of around 350 (non chlorinated)
Gaia green top dressing with all purpose 4-4-4 (0.5tbsp/gal) /power bloom 2-8-4 (0.5tbsp/gal) day 1 flower
Gaia green power bloom 2-8-4 (1tbsp/gal) day 27 flower
Temp @ 25C RH @40-50%

This picture illustrates flower at day 1.
7 days after scrog

The following three pictures are from today (day 28 flower)

I initially suspected light burn as it seemed the top was light bleached. Today, it appears as though lower foliage below the tent are also affected now. I have not pH'd my water for the entirety of this grow (approx 5 months). With the dolomitic lime, I have simply been applying non chlorinated tap water. To date, I have had zero issues with this grow, until now :(.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!! Thank you!!

Flower day 28 3
Flower day 282
Flower day 28

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

You may have to turn your light down slightly, and up your nutrient levels slightly. What's going on with the lower leaves is not light burn, but the plant drawing some nutrients from lower leaves. N is likely one of them, but I can't tell based on that photo.

I have been growing a while, but switched to LEDs last winter. I was warned, by people on this site, that nutrient demand is higher, but I had no idea the repercussions. There seems to be greater N, K and Mg needs (and likely other nutrients) when you flip to 12/12. The plants that are a little deficient suffer more than those with all the nutrients they need.

Your plants don't look bad, but larger pics would help. The pic in the middle looks like everything is normal, but more detail might show a different situation.

Bigeddy15

Bigeddy15

I thought I had uploaded full sized images. If you click on them, does it not open the large full size pictures with more detail on fan leaf?

I fed with synthetic 1tbsp/4L GH Floramicro last night (5-0-1). First time using synthetics. Here is a picture approximately 24hrs following the synthetic feed.

I also turned down the dimmer to 90%, instead of 100%. My LED is positioned approx 32" away from the closest flower.

Flower day 29
Flower day 294
Flower day 293
Flower day 292

Last edited:
TripsRabbit

TripsRabbit

Looks like they are hungry for some magnesium or you've locked it out with too much P and K. I'd top dress with a little epsom salts if it was mine.

AZsunfarmer

AZsunfarmer

Why did you switch to synthetics after starting with organics? I’m also
Interested in using Gaia living soil instead of happy frog. I’ve seen youtubers using it with a lot of success. I just don’t like their website because they don’t step up and promote it for actually growing weed. Seems pretty simple to use tho.

mcuecue

mcuecue

It looks like the beginning of potassium deficiency imo. Notice the yellowing of the tips and the leaf margins as well.

Justlovetogrow

Justlovetogrow

This is y growing can be so confusing heaps of different growers about 5 different solutions/problems hard for a newbie to work it all out👍

Imzzaudae

Imzzaudae

I think it's a little nitrogen burn on the tips. Watch the PH close! Strip everything bellow the screen off the plant. This far into flower you should be on about 1/4 nitrogen and bump up the Phosphorus and potassium but don't over do it. Leaves will yellow and fall as the plant strips nitrogen from old growth.

Top Bottom