Organic Growers! Simple Question?

• Thread starter saner1r
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

saner1r

What sugars do you use? :party0023::party0023::party0023::mysterymachine: :bong-hits::volcano:

S

sweetbee

aloha saner1r, around the hive, good honey is off course preferred ,,, but, another option mjght be organic blackstrap molasses
Blessings,
Sweetbee

S

saner1r

Right on yeah I have used honey, local honey is the best. I have been using organic agave nectar. Just wanted to see what everyone has tried. My buddy has been using pure fruit juice extracts.

R

ROweed

How does this work? Prepping? Is it mixed with water then added before harvest? I've heard of extracts but not honey or molasses but I have no experience with any of that.

S

self

I'm using mostly raw maple sap as a base right now in my teas. Im not doing a side by side or anything, but I'll post if their seem to be appreciable differences. I tried to find info on the nutrient compostion of maple sap, but no luck yet.

L

LightDep530

a little molasses at the end. Since sugars are bacterial foods and I am trying to cultivate a fungal dominant soil condition I don't really add any. Bacteria grow on their own much easier and they eat fungus and out compete them. When i use some juice from a jug it has some molasses in it too.
The maple sap is a cool idea, creative.

R

ROweed

So you mix it up in some water and water the plant right before you chop?

L

LightDep530

You can use the sugar anytime depending on your how you like to do it. It is known to help taste, but it also a nutrient. Molasses is an ingredient in most organic nutes. FYI I have bought it from feed stores in the past for $11 for a 5 gallon jug. I think it might be sulphered? Not sure. Big outdoor guys use this stuff sometimes I know.

E

Endendros

Honey?

Wouldn't honey not be appropriate to use due to its antibacterial properties? Since it's a more complex sugar how does that affect its uptake? How long once it's in the soil is it able to be broken down?

S

saner1r

How does this work? Prepping? Is it mixed with water then added before harvest? I've heard of extracts but not honey or molasses but I have no experience with any of that.

I feed my girls sugars throughout the life cycle & yes mix with water or add to organic tea mixes.

S

saner1r

I'm using mostly raw maple sap as a base right now in my teas. Im not doing a side by side or anything, but I'll post if their seem to be appreciable differences. I tried to find info on the nutrient compostion of maple sap, but no luck yet.

Right on man. I am using agave and honey right now.

Top Bottom