Organic Growing Outdoor What Is Flushing Do I Need Too? If I Only Use Water

• Thread starter waltthizzney
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Homesteader

Homesteader

Think you'll get mud.

I personally don't flush organic soil prior to harvest but its your choice I guess.

Last edited:
tinderthumbs

tinderthumbs

if u only use pure water then u fine flush is to get ride of all the nute in the plants so u don't have all that In your smoke

BudBogart

BudBogart

Think you'll get mud.

I personally don't flush organic soil prior to harvest but its your choice I guess.

No, we do not flush ( called leaching outdoors in holes) when the plant is ready for harvest. Organically grown, we are proud of the ingredients that have fed our plant.
It is way too late to worry about impurities in your plant by harvest time anyway.
Leaching your soil to remove excess " X" will prevent your plant from continuing to uptake too much "X" but will not go up the plant roots into the stems and leaves and remove ANY thing.
Organic farmers spend months and years getting their soil perfect. No way in hell would I try and destroy my living soil by flushing it down the drain

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
To the OP, organic mineral nutrients not only cannot be flushed from the soil, it is impractical to do so. If you wish to cause a pre-harvest fade, feed some sugars to the plant. This will cause an explosion of microbes, who will 'fix' (mineralize) N in their bodies, making it unavailable to the plant. If it needs N, it will be forced to translocate that from other plant tissues. Don't let this go for longer than two weeks or when the microbes die/shit, all that N becomes available again.
if u only use pure water then u fine flush is to get ride of all the nute in the plants so u don't have all that In your smoke
That is a myth.

Purpletrain

Purpletrain

Well if it was true organic soil you would of been watering it all summer long as plant turns to flowering there are many things that occur in spring n summer the plant excretes fluids in the soil to attract microbes ,, as fall approaches and days become darker and colder the soil eventually start dropping in temps .
Micro life start slowing down
some die off others become dormant others will carry on until ground is frozen. that right there is your natural process with less microbes organic matter does not decompose fast enough , with less microbes being temp controlled there life cycle is coming to a end ,, and with less microbes active there will be less nutrients available for the plant.
no need to try to rid soil of its nutrients how can you really when fall leaf and carbon products are falling on the soil that will enrich it for next seasons grow in nature

GreenHouser

GreenHouser

To the OP, organic mineral nutrients not only cannot be flushed from the soil, it is impractical to do so. If you wish to cause a pre-harvest fade, feed some sugars to the plant. This will cause an explosion of microbes, who will 'fix' (mineralize) N in their bodies, making it unavailable to the plant. If it needs N, it will be forced to translocate that from other plant tissues. Don't let this go for longer than two weeks or when the microbes die/shit, all that N becomes available again.

That is a myth.
ill bite, what's the myth?

Purpletrain

Purpletrain

Just what i wrote pretty much explains how nature flushes
you think growing a plant for 5 - 8 months then flushing it last 2 weeks is going to rid the plant of its nutrients ???
t0 me that kind of sounds absurd ..
Lets use a Tomato as a example...
Tissue analysis of the entire plant shows that tomatos use NPK in roughly a 3:1:3 ratio. This holds true for their entire life cycle. if you think about that ratio would work perfect for Marijuana.
With that said, let's get to your question
Adding an *excessive* amount of N results in plants directing their energy into vegetative growth at the expense of reproduction (making tomatos in this case). Adding N at the same rate as potassium isn't excessive. If you are growing in the ground (as opposed to containers) and the ground already has a decent amount of available potassium and the other nutrients you could fertilize with *only* N and be fine since the soil is supplying the rest. You still have to be careful to not add too much in terms of absolute quantity. Anyway, am I correct in saying that if that is the case, then it would be ok to add just the PK part in order to get the plant to fruit. That is after the tom plant has passed the stage where the N has done its part, which is stimulating leafy growth and stems, etc.
N is required in significant amounts (relative to most of the other nutrients) the entire life of the plant. N isn't just for new growth. Plant cells are constantly dying, just like human cells and need to be repaired/replaced
People have to get rid of the plant does not need N being N is mobile and can be leached out of soil there are lots of other nutrients that cannot be leached out of the soil .
so where does it end ??? when i first started growing mj some 30 + years ago i fell into the trap of flushing
As the years went buy i realized WTF this is such a stupid notion not only flushing neglected the plants i put stress on them yields suffered due to flushing
why should we hammer plants with nutrients it only ends up looking like the plant above in this thread salt build up the claw and impeding death if not resolved and most importantly loss in yield.
True growing period is not about feeding plants its giving plants the bare minimum that will keep the plant healthy at all stages
in Veg state its easy to correct a issue the plant rebounds back but in flower the most crucial time there is no room for mistakes, Mistakes or plant def or over dose is nothing shy of a disaster and loss in yield, or even death in a plant

Fact Flushing is used as a last resort in correcting a issue flushing is really not good for a plants it effects many process from gas exhange to a number of important processes and should be used wisely

Last edited:
tinderthumbs

tinderthumbs

That is a myth.
shit it ant no myth I have done side by side flush no flush no flush tasted like shit and burned funny where the flushed smoked like store bought

GreenHouser

GreenHouser

shit it ant no myth I have done side by side flush no flush no flush tasted like shit and burned funny where the flushed smoked like store bought
I find otherwise, unless u were using nutes

Last edited:
GreenHouser

GreenHouser

also if by store u mean dispensary, then I've never been to a dispensary that took outdoor marijuana. Perhaps its different in other areas

tinderthumbs

tinderthumbs

um u don't just use nute in soil out side also us it inside under them big fancy lights same with hydro only one not is super soils most of the time or do u not use nute to grow ??

GreenHouser

GreenHouser

I make tea out of frass or ewc once a month, watered every 10-12 days, never have I flushed. If your in direct soil like I am, I think it would be difficult to flush to ground? Maybe not?

Top Bottom