Organic HEPA Air Filters

• Thread starter singlespeed
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
singlespeed

singlespeed

Famers,

I just bought Organic HEPA intake air filter. Does anyone know if you are suppose to suck air though it or push out of it? I can't figure it out...The only directions were for cleaning it.

Thanks,

Single

S

swizzlegrower

check out shroomery crowd they know all about hepa but each sq ft of hepa has to be driven at a specific sp(cubic ft per min) or wont work properly....never ever herd of hepa being sucked from...what shape how thick is it a plastic or aluminium frame....anything can be a "hepa"... a true hepa should say x amt of air per ft equals so many cfm at .03 or .12 microns...that means the air comming through has one particle per 10000 at .03 microns in size (or less) organic must mean its not made of alum fins or polyprop felt???so it will eventually decay?

O

og_kid

thanks for the lecture :itwasntme
but i think he means a organic air hepa filter which is the ones that resemble a car air filter.and dont b worry you could suk threw the hepa if not how would you clean your intake air. and if you dont belive me check out this growmaster thred its SICK!!!

S

swizzlegrower

many people are trying true hepa to get rid of pm sorry too specific

S

SSHZ

I think you'll find these don't do a good job with pot smells. At least mine didn't........

pork

pork

you can push or pull air through these things....remember to keep them clean!

singlespeed

singlespeed

I have the blue 6 incher. I am going to pull air though it. Do you guys use a bigger fan? For example 6 inch filter with an 8 in fan? Or does it mater...

C

CAPO

I would like to bump my whole fan system up to 8". I think the 8" fan would work all right with the 6" Hepa, using an adapter flange. I don't think they offer any others, I haven't looked for them, but I never see them at the Hydro stores. I would suggest, the most important thing is to keep them clean of dust.
I use a 6" vortex attached to a Canfilter pulling from the room, rated at 449 cfm. Then I have a 6" Sunleaves fan attached to the Hepa filter, rated at 409 cfm. This gives me negative pressure in the room for odor control. If I hold a lighter to the crack in the door it pulls the flame instantly.

Nobodynobody

Nobodynobody

I would like to bump my whole fan system up to 8". I think the 8" fan would work all right with the 6" Hepa, using an adapter flange. I don't think they offer any others, I haven't looked for them, but I never see them at the Hydro stores. I would suggest, the most important thing is to keep them clean of dust.
I use a 6" vortex attached to a Canfilter pulling from the room, rated at 449 cfm. Then I have a 6" Sunleaves fan attached to the Hepa filter, rated at 409 cfm. This gives me negative pressure in the room for odor control. If I hold a lighter to the crack in the door it pulls the flame instantly.

You are right on about this info. You can put a fan dimmer on the air in till you get the pressure not flexing. Sure the HEPA filter will change when it get dusty.

I live where there some big ground braking building being put up with dirt roads.
I clean it in the tub with hot water both ways till run clear. then place it back on after 5 mins drying hee. You can push or pull with them. Over all always recommend them. Also pick up a shrum filter that is vary oil bass. I dont like because of all the dirt and going to try maybe after the ground braking job is done...

M

Mr.Detroit

Pull... duh lol I have never seen anybody push air through a filter

Top Bottom