Organic hydro with? Rena Filstar Canister Filter

• Thread starter 20north
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

20north

017163007203C.jpg

i read in a book that in organic hydro it was very important to use something like this to clean your water or something i wish i could find it but i think it was just an article and i tossed it.

has anyone heard this?

C

chief greenleaf

Whats happenin 20, Ive never heard of this type of filter in particular, if you havent already picked one up you should def look into Reverse Osmosis filters, they are great! No nutrient, additive, or beneficial Ive ever tried has come anywhere close to improving my garden like switching up to Reverse Osmosis water. I actually have a water softener and had to learn the hard way that all the salt thats used to soften your water is absolutely deadly to plants! Fortunately I caught the problem before it killed any of my girls thank the lord! But the fact that all the water in my house is ran thru a water softener forced me to start filling up multiple 3 gallon jugs of RO water at the grocery store every week and after using this water on my girls I immediately noticed a big difference! My plants responded so well to it that I wont use tap water anymore even if its not softened,. I eventually got tired of luggin around a bunch of 3 gallon jugs and looked into purchasing an RO filter for my house and to my surprise you can get one brand new that produces 2-300 gallons per day for 1-200 bucks on ebay! If you look on Craigs List as well you can usually find multiple units for sale at really good prices.
I highly recommend using RO water to anyone thats serious about cultivating cannabis, your plants will love you for it! Most nurient companys recommend it and they actually use RO water when calculating dosages. This is why your PPM/EC always comese out higher even though you follow the dirctions precisely for every nutrient/additive in the line up. But if you use RO water which has a PPM very close to zero, youll be very close to the PPM thats on the bottle! Oh yea and besides having nearly zero PPMs RO water also has a naturally neutral PH of right around 7 whcih is freakin great when giving plain water and not having to balance PH and what not! But hopefully I caught ya in time 20!

Oh yea I really appreciate the input about the pump in my ebb & flow set up. I was wondering if you could elaborate a little bit for me??? Ive been growin for awhile now but this is my first time in hydro so I could really use the info!
Here's the message if you dont recall it:
"i had dramaticly lower yields when i used a 400gph pump for a 4x4 table GOOD LUCK use the bigger hose side for the drains most places should have them"

I was really trying to figure out why you think the 400 gph pump decreased your yields? Did you have better yields with a smaller pump or a stronger one?
I was also wondering if you could explain how I would use the "bigger hose side" and maybe help me to understand what the hell the bigge hose side is!!!! Ha! Im sorry if this is a really obvious question but this is all pretty new ta me! Id really appreciate any input, thanks in advance.
-Chief G
P.S. I woulda just PMed you about this but I dont have enough damn posts yet!

B

bicycle racer

thats not a water filter like an ro unit but i dont think thats what he is asking about anyways. ro is the best water to use but thats a different subject. that rena filter would help to keep oxygen levels high for a recirculating hydro grow it also has much surface area for beneficial aerobic bacteria to colonize. it also contains activated carbon(reduce smell and certain other compounds) and particulate matter filters so would be good for keeping nozzles less clogged. i have used those in aquariums which is somewhat similar to hydro in that you need high oxygen steady ph etc... worth giving it a go not sure which model that is but the larger ones do about 400gph.

Top Bottom