Organic Hydroponic Nutrients And Ph

• Thread starter kenaan
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
kenaan

kenaan

Is it normal for organic hydroponic nutrients to have pH problems? I am in week one and the pH won't stabilize. I'm having to add pH down every couple of hours to keep things below 7.0. This can't be good for the young seedlings. I never had this happen with Dyna-Gro.

Two.Bears

Two.Bears

Is it normal for organic hydroponic nutrients to have pH problems? I am in week one and the pH won't stabilize. I'm having to add pH down every couple of hours to keep things below 7.0. This can't be good for the young seedlings. I never had this happen with Dyna-Gro.
That is not normal.

What is the ph of your water without nutes.

Its normal for ph to climb as tge water sits.

kenaan

kenaan

That is not normal.

What is the ph of your water without nutes.

Its normal for ph to climb as tge water sits.
After conditioning the hydroton, I ran RO water plus SM90 and Physan-20 for 10 days prior to transplanting the seedlings into the waterfarm pots. I am using RDWC. The pH was stable around 5.8 or so. Water temp is about 69 degrees (chiller). Air is about 75-80 degrees.

kenaan

kenaan

After conditioning the hydroton, I ran RO water plus SM90 and Physan-20 for 10 days prior to transplanting the seedlings into the waterfarm pots. I am using RDWC. The pH was stable around 5.8 or so. Water temp is about 69 degrees (chiller). Air is about 75-80 degrees.
Sorry, water pH without nutes is around 7.5.

kenaan

kenaan

pH after adding nutes to reservoir is about 6.4. Nutes in reservoir are stable vs. nutes in circulation. I'm using . I want this to work but I'm thinking of flushing and switching back to Dyna-Gro as a test.

kenaan

kenaan

pH after adding nutes to reservoir is about 6.4. Nutes in reservoir are stable vs. nutes in circulation. I'm using . I want this to work but I'm thinking of flushing and switching back to Dyna-Gro as a test.
After emptying, flushing, adjusting the pH, and returning the nutrient, ph seems stable. Maybe adding pH down to the recirculating pump area caused unequal distribution. Will turn off bubbless next time.

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

After emptying, flushing, adjusting the pH, and returning the nutrient, ph seems stable. Maybe adding pH down to the recirculating pump area caused unequal distribution. Will turn off bubbless next time.
Using the 8 bucket wsterfarm eh?
Thats what i used for a yr till i bought my uc system...
I run gh nutes in mine.
What you want to do, is pull a cup of nutrient water from the system, add in 2 or 3 ml. Of ph down depending on how far you have to move it.
Mix the cup up real good and add that back slowly till u get to 5.8
If you go to far past, up to 5.6 just let it go... If you go under its best to start over instead of now adding ph up...
Hope that helps
And welcome to the farm!

Top Bottom