Organic Line Recommendations..

• Thread starter PwnanObrien
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
PwnanObrien

PwnanObrien

As gimmicky as they are, have been using AN Iguana Juice for about 15 years and they apparently stopped making it and are focusing on synthetics alone. Wondering if anyone has any Rec's on a potent organic line. Need to figure out a backup soon cus I have a room full of plants that I just flipped, unaware that my product of choice has been discontinued.
Thanks.

rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
These buds were all powered by Earth Juice
20170324 030930

20170316 234831

20161220 001340

20161220 000912

20161220 001140
20170302 005556
20170309 200956
20170309 202730
20170310 000206
20170309 233235

T

tripleb

advanced mother earth tea ,and humbolt natural g & b has helped my 80% org. and gettin my well water cleaned up on way to em (new filter system ..not a flush one my 2 cents thx guys,,to clarify im 80% organic cause i do use a soluable bllom boost or a shot of gianormus foliar .

HydroGuy

HydroGuy

I am pretty new to organics myself but i am having great results with biobizz grow/bloom, some nectar additives and compost tea. Just pulled down my one 630 watt lec experimental room and i hit a gram per watt with amazing quality using these nutrients.

CallmeTex

CallmeTex

So are you guys using a soil blend as the medium or a soilless like coco? I've been growing in a soil blend with all the nutrients in the mix, but am currently trialing a coco mix. Just curious to see whats holding your roots?

PwnanObrien

PwnanObrien

Just build your soil, afew Tea's, Water and done!
I use Teas. I prefer to use a base organic nute, and I have constructed my own soil recipes in the past. I'm if the persuasion that it's a lot of futile effort when you can simply use a solid soil like happy frog out of the bag, and then add in a base nute with teas when the plant requires additional nutrients through its life. Totally ditched the shovel and the homemade soil game and will never go back.

CallmeTex

CallmeTex

I use Teas. I prefer to use a base organic nute, and I have constructed my own soil recipes in the past. I'm if the persuasion that it's a lot of futile effort when you can simply use a solid soil like happy frog out of the bag, and then add in a base nute with teas when the plant requires additional nutrients through its life. Totally ditched the shovel and the homemade soil game and will never go back.
What do you do with the old soil? The main reason I recycle is to be sustainable and save $$.

PwnanObrien

PwnanObrien

What do you do with the old soil? The main reason I recycle is to be sustainable and save $$.
I don't ever recycle soil in my room. I've done it before, and they just didn't explode right off the bat like they do with fresh soil.Not saying it can't be done, and to each his own, I simply noticed a difference so bailed on the practice and start fresh every run. I dump it on a friends property nearby. As for $: I can fill roughly 40 5 gallon pots with about ten bags of the Frog at 13 bucks a bag. Ive just never factored that cost into being a cumbersome expense.

CaliRooted

CaliRooted

I mean how Organic are things really? if your not pulling near 2 per light, I'd rethink my method. Happy Growing!

PwnanObrien

PwnanObrien

I mean how Organic are things really? if your not pulling near 2 per light, I'd rethink my method. Happy Growing!
Interesting take Bro. The old "salts are salts are salts" argument eh? Copy that. I mean...Totally off topic and irrelevant, and I'm not sure who you're even replying to( my thread had absolutely nothing to do with yield, or issues secondary to growing organically) But sure. Allow me to retort. For the record I also grow DWC. My DWC system is down at the moment cus I simply threw all my clones into dirt this round and am still insulating the walls for my DWC grow, but I've run straight up salts for years in my system after pulling the rip cord on a UC system I was previously using, and dirt, interchangeably. I wasn't satisfied with the flood risks and low flow of UC, and instead I applied plumbing techniques/ overflows from my ten years of keeping saltwater aquariums.Ill try not to sound pretentious here; I enjoy profoundly more flow, turnover and flood proof capabilities than what is considered the latest "tech" (which many believe to be undercurrent) in the hydro world, a world which is light years behind the reef tank hobby in regards to those variables. So in regards to Organics and the subtleties contained therein vs soluble salts, that's simply a debate for an entirely different thread.

jaybodankly

jaybodankly

Since this is an organic thread:

Organic Labeling
USDA organic products have strict production and labeling requirements. Organic products must meet the following requirements:

Can a product be labeled “organic” without being certified?
Overall, if you make a product and want to claim that it or its ingredients are organic, your final product probably needs to be certified. If you are not certified, you must not make any organic claim on the principal display panel or use the USDA organic seal anywhere on the package*. You may only, on the information panel, identify the certified organic ingredients as organic and the percentage of organic ingredients.

*Some operations are exempt from certification, including organic farmers who sell $5,000 or less.

https://www.ams.usda.gov/rules-regulations/organic/labeling

PwnanObrien

PwnanObrien

Those who are using Earth Juice? Whats your typical feed ratio secondary to the instructions on the bottle? My first time using it and it seemed like a pretty minor dose at even the medium to heavy feeding ratio recommended on the bottle.

rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
Those who are using Earth Juice? Whats your typical feed ratio secondary to the instructions on the bottle? My first time using it and it seemed like a pretty minor dose at even the medium to heavy feeding ratio recommended on the bottle.

Here is a mixture of their feeding charts to choose from.

You can see that the rate is variable.
20170329 234930
20170329 235023
20170329 234948
20170329 235004
Screenshot 20170329 234726

Off the earth juice faq

3. Why are my plant’s leaves yellowing after switching from a synthetic 3-2-1 nutrient to Earth Juice Grow?

I was using the 3-2-1 at 5 tsp per gallon and now I’m using Earth Juice Grow at 3 tsp per gallon. I also flushed with straight water just before starting with Earth Juice Grow.

– The flushing with straight water will dilute and/or rinse the present nutrients from the soil which could be helpful but could also be stressing your plants. Now you will have to wait until the soil dries out, which may further stress your plants.

– 5 tsp of a 3% N synthetic is on the higher side of hand feeding plants with a plant food with each watering but if you plants are thriving at this dosage rate they must be very aggressive feeders. If this is the case, to obtain the same rate of Nitrogen using Earth Juice Grow you will need to use 7.5 tsp (2.5 Tbsp). Earth Juice Grow is a protein (amino acid) based grow plant food so you can easily increase the dosage rates without the fear of burning.

Here’s the general usage guidelines for Earth Juice Grow Bloom to be used with each watering (feeding): Mild:1/2Tbsp – Medium:1Tbsp – Strong: 2Tbsp – Extra Strong 3Tbsp.

For fast growing plants a common rate is 2 Tbsp per gallon.

This last round I was feeding on the higher side of the charts. But you can easily up the dose without burning.

PwnanObrien

PwnanObrien

Yeah won't be using Earth Juice. Blown away how much it tanks your pH. Is this stuff like 80% peat?! Wtf?!! The nutrient profile is similar to that of Iguana, only that a standard heavy dose tanks your(or at least my) municipal hardwater tap into the 3's. Pfffft! Preposterous. For now using (cringe) GH's organic line until I track down some Iguana Juice and keep hunting for something comparable.

rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
Yeah won't be using Earth Juice. Blown away how much it tanks your pH. Is this stuff like 80% peat?! Wtf?!! The nutrient profile is similar to that of Iguana, only that a standard heavy dose tanks your(or at least my) municipal hardwater tap into the 3's. Pfffft! Preposterous. For now using (cringe) GH's organic line until I track down some Iguana Juice and keep hunting for something comparable.

Lol I used it all last grow without even ph'ing any feeding. Just mixed and fed.

Here is an faq off the earth juice website question#14.

14. I mixed a solution using the Earth Juice Original Formulas “Advanced Chart” and my pH is 3.90?

Earth Juice will work in harmony with the medium and self adjust.

Since 1991, the mass majority of gardeners – including us – who use the Earth Juice Original formulas simply mix with water and use without adjusting the pH.

The initial pH of Earth Juice Original formulas will generally be on the mild acidic side. This is primarily due to the natural extracts, phyto-acids and protein (amino) acids contained in Earth Juice formulas. Earth Juice will self-adjust as it breaks down in the medium. In general terms: primarily by releasing naturally chelated Calcium along with Potassium and natural occurring beneficials. These various elements will aid in buffering the natural and beneficial phyto-acids (weak acids).

I hope this helps.
And if you need to raise the ph you can bubble your nutes for 24-48hrs.

PwnanObrien

PwnanObrien

Lol I used it all last grow without even ph'ing any feeding. Just mixed and fed.

Here is an faq off the earth juice website question#14.

14. I mixed a solution using the Earth Juice Original Formulas “Advanced Chart” and my pH is 3.90?

Earth Juice will work in harmony with the medium and self adjust.

Since 1991, the mass majority of gardeners – including us – who use the Earth Juice Original formulas simply mix with water and use without adjusting the pH.

The initial pH of Earth Juice Original formulas will generally be on the mild acidic side. This is primarily due to the natural extracts, phyto-acids and protein (amino) acids contained in Earth Juice formulas. Earth Juice will self-adjust as it breaks down in the medium. In general terms: primarily by releasing naturally chelated Calcium along with Potassium and natural occurring beneficials. These various elements will aid in buffering the natural and beneficial phyto-acids (weak acids).

I hope this helps.
And if you need to raise the ph you can bubble your nutes for 24-48hrs.
Rmoltis, thank you for the words, truly. I'm simply not comfortable watering my garden with a pH of approx 3.9, especially in dirt. Perhaps there are some variables out of my realm of current comprehension as to why EJ operates differently, but I'm used to filling up a trash can, dropping in a heavy dose of nutrient and teas and having my pH even out to around 6-6.5 as opposed to 3 with EJ. And yes I'm familiar with the practice but sure AF won't be bubbling my nutes for 24 hours prior to watering. I'll have to revisit this tomorrow as I'm about to crash. Goodnight to all.

Top Bottom