organic nutrients

• Thread starter dankhead
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

dankhead

im looking for an organic alternative to a "beastie bloomz" ,"open sesimie" something with really high numbers like that. any ideas?

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Nothing with high numbers that I know of. Guanos are going to be the closest thing, off the top of my head. Make teas.

R

Radio_Dread

yeah seems most organics have really low NPK ratios. but let us know if you find anything organic with those numbers. thanks yo

justiceman

justiceman

im looking for an organic alternative to a "beastie bloomz" ,"open sesimie" something with really high numbers like that. any ideas?

As the farmers said above organics usually don't have high NPK numbers, but that doesn't mean you can't find an alternative to beastie bloomz(0-50-30) or open sesame(5-45-19). Their high NPK numbers only mean they are in extremely high concentration hence lower dilution ratios so they last you longer.

What is most important is to pay attention to the ratios of NPK in relation to each other. For instance Roots Organics sells an organic PK booster called HPK(0-5-4) Don't be fooled by the low numbers. Yes beastie bloomz is higher in concentration but it is basically the same ratio as HPK(0/5/4). Beastie Bloomz is (0/5/3). Open sesame has a ratio of(1/9/3.8) when you compare them to roots organics HPK. If you look at the ratios in that sense it shouldn't be too hard to find an organic alternative. As you probably already know I personally like Roots Organics HPK as a PK booster because it is organic.

Blaze

Blaze

Higher numbers on the bottle do not mean higher uptake either. Sometimes an organic fertilizers with low N-P-K values can get better results than a chemical fertilizers with high numbers. If you are doing organics, teas will boost your uptake considerably and can make up for the low concentration of N-P-K.

JayBee

JayBee

International Toker
Supporter
Why is organic so much better? Just curious. Lots of the mineral nutrients that dont count as organic are still natural, at least that is what i think.

Organic just means it comes from something that was once alive and is now dead (or is still alive). Means it is carbon based. Isnt that right?

So why is nutes from dead animal or vegitable so much better than mineral from the ground or where-ever that are not carbon based?

Just curious about everyones feelings on this... maybe should start a new thread...

JB

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Why is organic so much better? Just curious. Lots of the mineral nutrients that dont count as organic are still natural, at least that is what i think.

Organic just means it comes from something that was once alive and is now dead (or is still alive). Means it is carbon based. Isnt that right?

So why is nutes from dead animal or vegitable so much better than mineral from the ground or where-ever that are not carbon based?

Just curious about everyones feelings on this... maybe should start a new thread...

JB
OH!!! You just had to ask the loaded question, didn't ya? Thing is, it's a good question which begins with the fact that people never seem to agree on what qualifies as 'organic'. Yep, carbon-based is quite technically organic.

I can only give you my experience, which is that it's much easier to grow pretty much anything using organic nutrients and fertilizers, or at least those that are closest to their natural form.

Organic allows the plants to adjust their immediate environment to suit their needs more easily than chemical salt does, in my experience and opinion.

Organic allows much larger leeway in terms of feeding than chemical salt does. I have yet to see an organic grower burn the living shit outta their plants like I've seen chemical salt growers do. Not saying it can't happen, just saying it's much harder.

Humic and fulvic acids, along with compounds like dolomitic lime, are at least naturally sourced and relatively unchanged. Also, technically I believe they're organic, lime coming from the fossilized skeletons of corals, humic (leonardite) coming from ancient fossilized swamp beds if I recollect.

Organic feeding just also feels better. Finally, I just prefer nicely grown organic weed. I like being able to say that it's as close to its healthiest, natural form as I was able to produce.

That said, I'm making my second foray into chemical gardening this summer, and this last grow combined organic and non-organic fertilization into my ever-evolving program. Just to see for myself.

L

LBZ Farmer

I am going to be running the full line up of General Organics.... Any tips? Is there anything missing in their line up? I am running hydro in CocoNOT with smart pots on a flood and drain. 600 watts in a 4x4 tent.
I am very excited since using the bioweed I notice crazy lush growth! So I went with the whole thing only a few weeks away.

M

MASSES 420KING

some one has a nute off thred on hear for organics the top 2 are earth juice and bio-canna[my personnel favorite]:passingjoint:

J

John Smith Esq.

canna's bio range is nearly the same NPK as their mineral range, slightly more K if memory serves, or it might be slightly more N - i forget which but ive used the flores (bloom) on my current crop and am really impressed with it. smells like soy sauce and it stains white shoes but my plants love it!

just to add @ jaybee - you must flush to get rid of minerals/salts out the plant that will harm you if smoked. with organic nutes you dont have to flush at all (although its best to for a better taste) if you did a brix test (tests for sugar levels in plant tissue, used by most commercial fruit growers to determin quality) you would find much higher sugar levels in an organically fed plant over a chemical salt fed plant.

M

MASSES 420KING

ive personally pulled 2.5 - 3 lbs using the biocanna line under 2 400 watt hps and my average cola was 90 grams

JayBee

JayBee

International Toker
Supporter
Hey J Smith, thanks for the brix info, that is first real positive i have heard, if true. Have side by side tests been done? Even if using some carboload or similar type product?

I am using PBP in my hempy buckets, might give canna bio a chance when i run out. Canna aqua in my ebb and flow is the bomb.

THanks again.

JB

M

MASSES 420KING

I am using PBP in my hempy buckets, might give canna bio a chance when i run out. Canna aqua in my ebb and flow is the bomb.

THanks again.

JB[/QUOTE]

you will love the bio-canna line it truly rocks in the grow show
:420:king

R

rswsound

I'm working with a Newer line called Vital Earth. Amazing products. Check em

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I've only just purchased PBP, but that's to use on either my hempies outside, or an indoor coco run. Otherwise, I use stuff in a more raw form and for pre-mix, I like things like Maxsea and Dr. Earth (Organic 4 for acid-loving plants). When I run anything with chemical salts I use humic acid.

Blaze

Blaze

Pure Blend Pro works well but it is a bit low in N in my opinion. I usually supplement with an additional source of organic N. It's a well balanced fertilizer though - has Ca, Mg, humic acid and lots of other goodies.

Tea and myccorhizae (sp?) inoculation will boost your growth and uptake more than any organic fertilizer however.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Yes, but will mycorrhizae (corrected spelling) establish well in a pure perlite hempy application? I don't want something rotting at the bottom of the hempy reservoirs, either, so I'll be going light on stuff like teas.

Blaze

Blaze

Now that I am not positive about. I have seen people use it in hydro set ups so I would assume that they would work in a hempy set up as well. Never tried it myself though so I can't be sure.

From my understanding of how the mycorrhizae work, they form a symbiotic relationship with the plant's roots. Thus, I would guess that so long as there are roots present (which there would be in all grow set ups), and the proper food sources were present, and the conditions were right, the myco's would be able to establish themselves.

D

Dulce

some one has a nute off thred on hear for organics the top 2 are earth juice and bio-canna[my personnel favorite]:passingjoint:

Yes- best thread EVER that I have personally read on this forum. If your interested in learning about Organics, This thread is a GREAT place to start. Read it 10 times, the first time it will be a little overwhelming, but after reading it over and over again everything will start to fall together in your mind.

Also look up Guano's posts to get an even better understanding of organics.

~D~

Latest posts

Top Bottom