Organic / OMRI Powdery Mildew Fungicides

• Thread starter bunkerking
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
bunkerking

bunkerking

Figured id shared this with everyone.

SLF-100 can also help fight powdery mildew. I saw it in the unofficial slf100 guide.
Roomies cucumber plants brought PM from the store they were bought at.

So I mixed up a cap full of slf in 2 gallons of water in a watering can.
wet down the entire plant.

Next day 95% of the mildew was gone. Will hit again with another treatment, but I was really surprised how quick it worked.
Easier than foliar spraying it, plus it doesn't attack the under side of the plant.

What do you all use to treat PM other than neem oil?

I found neem oil to work well, but burnt the plants.

MICHGANDER9

MICHGANDER9

SLF-100 can also help fight powdery mildew. I saw it in the unofficial slf100 guide.

Next day 95% of the mildew was gone. Will hit again with another treatment, but I was really surprised how quick it worked.
Easier than foliar spraying it, plus it doesn't attack the under side of the plant.

Myself what I've learned about powdery mildew is it get into the plant and it never really goes away it pops up in hidden places myself I use cease bio fungicide along with a regiment of compost teas and worm teas seems to work well I also use Karanja oil Good Luck with that issue it's not a good one

Rootbound

Rootbound

Supporter
I will have to look it up but a liquid sulfur spray helps with pm and pests. You can get it at lowes or places like that.

Kanzeon

Kanzeon

Micronized sulfur. 5g to 1L. Haven't seen PM since I started using it a year and a half ago.

Rootbound

Rootbound

Supporter
Micronized sulfur. 5g to 1L. Haven't seen PM since I started using it a year and a half ago.
I have never had pm or pests but its nice to know whats proven to work.
Edit: i have had a few fungus gnats but consider the more of a nuisance.

Aaflexy

Aaflexy

I’ve heard doctor zymes is pretty good and you can use it all the way to harvest it’s a insecticide/fungicide all organic

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Sulphur. Vapor or micronized powder spray.

20211120 115148

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
How many weeks into flowering are you comfortable using it?
Until budset really. About 10-14 days or so into 12/12. I do a 1.5hr burn and let it settle for 3 or 4 hrs, once a week for preventative.
I have used it in flower before with no negative effects, but the key in that instance is to use very short burns, like 10-15 min of actual off-gas time, every night, and don't burn for the last 10-14 days or so. The plants just absorb it and use it as a nutrient. Infact the one time I used it in flower successfully was because my pre-98 bubba had it, turned out to be an extra tasty crop.

I have also, cooked a crop in early flower with my burner too. Had a pinhole develop in the cup and it burned the sulphur rather than vaporize it. Fried all my stigmas.

R

RKint

Try HOCL for the PM any ppm from 50 to 900 will work. Also to root cuttings, kills ALL mold/mildew/fungus/spores/yeast. And safe to drink!

bakey34

bakey34

This stuff is killer on PM! I've used it outdoors for 2 years. You can spray up until a day before harvest. https://biosafesystems.com/product/zerotol-2/
And it doesn't taste like sulfur after harvest!? All the research I've done says sulfur will effect flavor profile. I refuse to use milk lol. I'm looking for something to use next summer since I only grow outdoors in season.

Edit: sorry I thought you meant sulfur. 🤦‍♀️ I followed the link

Top Bottom